Over the centuries of existence, mankind has not invented anything tastier than a simple combination of bread, cheese and meat. And puff patties with ham and cheese – only a version of this wonderful dish. Such puffs leave no one indifferent: they are eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
|wheat flour –||450-500 g|
|butter / cream margarine –||250-300 g|
|whole milk –||200 ml|
|granulated sugar –||80g|
|yeast –||7 g (dry) or 20 g (fresh)|
|vanillin and salt –||taste|
|ham –||300-400 g|
|hard cheese –||300-400 g|
|butter –||for frying|
|egg –||for coating buns|
|Time for preparing: 25 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 102 Kcal|
Choosing from which dough to make puffs, you need to take into account that the puffy yeast taste reminds rich. At the same time, pastry from such dough is softer and more magnificent than from unleavened bread. But the buns from unleavened puff pastry are more dense, their structure is less crumbly. In addition, homemade puff pastry without yeast is cooked very quickly..
Cooking Yeast Puff Pastry
- In warm milk, stir the yeast, sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons of flour;
- After 20-30 minutes, when the opara is ripe, it adds 50 grams of butter or margarine (melted in advance), and also flour. Then everything is kneaded to a uniform elastic consistency;
- After that, the finished yeast dough is removed in a plastic bag and refrigerated for 4-12 hours;
- 200-250 grams of butter or margarine is taken out of the fridge and softened slightly. After that, the oil is removed under the film and gently beat it with a rolling pin, softening;
- When the butter is soft, it is mixed with 50 grams of flour and kneaded with your fingers until it has a uniform consistency, and the butter should not melt;
- The finished oil mixture is wrapped in square-shaped parchment paper and rolled in parchment to a thin rectangle. The resulting oil in parchment for at least 1 hour is removed in the refrigerator;
- Yeast dough is taken out of the fridge and with the help of a rolling pin forms a wide rectangular cake. On top of it, put the prepared and extracted butter from the parchment, close it up, crush it with a rolling pin, then form a rectangle again from the cake and put it back in the refrigerator for 1 hour or more;
- After the dough is rolled into a rectangle, put and put in the refrigerator for another 1 hour. Then this procedure is repeated at least 3 times..
After the dough has been rolled out 4-5 times, it is left in the fridge for another 4-12 hours. And only after that it can be used for baking..
Cooking yeast-free dough
- In one deep bowl mix egg, salt and vinegar. All this is well mixed;
- To the mixture pour ice water, mix again. Clean the finished liquid in the fridge;
- Sifted flour is poured onto the table and margarine or butter is rubbed onto it on a coarse grater. Then collect it all up the hill, form a hole inside it and pour the prepared ice-cold liquid mixture into it;
- Everything needs to be mixed very quickly, without kneading, but only slightly raising and dazzling with fingers;
- Then you need to form a com, put it in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 2-12 hours..
Puff pastry without yeast is removed from the refrigerator just immediately before cooking..
- The ham should be freed from the skin and cut into pieces of the desired shape (half rings, rings or wide straws), hard cheese or cut into thin slices or rub on a coarse grater;
- Puff pastry to make a lot of round cakes. For this, a “sausage” is formed from it, then it is cut into portioned pieces and each piece is rolled out with a thickness of 4-5 ml;
- A ham is placed inside each cake, and a cheese is placed on top of it. Then everyone wraps the envelope and the edges of the resulting bun are covered. Buns spread on a greased baking sheet, on top of the bun smeared with a beaten egg;
- The oven is heated to 200-220 degrees and put there a pan with puffs – bake for 10-15 minutes.
Ready-made puffs of ham and cheese can be served immediately..
Recipe for puffs with ham and suluguni cheese from ready-made dough
- ready puff pastry – 500 g;
- ham – 150-200 g;
- Suluguni cheese – 150-200 g;
- onion – 1 pc;
- chicken egg – 1 pc;
- butter – 30-50 g;
- parsley (greens) – 1 bunch;
- ground salt and black pepper to taste.
Cooking time – 35-45 minutes.
Calorie – 105-115 calories.
How to cook puffs with ham and cheese suluguni?
- Peel the onions and finely chop. Cut ham into small cubes, and grate Suluguni cheese on a coarse grater or chop finely with a knife. Defrost dough;
- Fry the onion, ham and chopped parsley in a heated frying pan in butter;
- Remove from heat and add to the still hot minced suluguni. Stir, add salt and pepper to taste;
- Cut the dough into thin (up to 5 ml thick) square-shaped plates with a side of 8-10 cm. Cut each square along the edges;
- Put in each square 1 tablespoon of filling, close up along the edges, connecting the corners so that you get a figured bag;
- Put ready-made puffs on a greased baking sheet, brush with a beaten egg and put in the oven for 200-220 degrees for half an hour.
Ready puffs have a beautiful ruddy look. Serve them immediately after cooking..
When working with puff pastry, you need to follow a few important rules:
- The less puff pastry is kneaded by hands and is warm – the better;
- Butter and margarine used in kneading should be cold but not frozen. Otherwise, the layers in the finished dough will break;
- When making buns and puff pastry pies, it is best to pierce them with a fork or toothpick in several places. This will give the air in the dough during baking to go outside and then there will be no bubbles;
- When lubricating pastries with yolk, it is not necessary to lubricate the side walls with them. Otherwise, baking will not rise and will not be so lush;
- Bake buns from puff pastry need in the oven, preheated to 220-250 degrees. But not higher.
Delicious puffs of ham and cheese will delight every guest and household..