Mashed potatoes with milk – a dish not only simple to prepare, but also very tasty. It can be eaten as a separate dish, and can be used as a side dish. Additives in mashed potatoes can be very different, here are some of the most traditional options: hot milk, chicken egg and butter.
|milk (the fatter the better) –||1 cup|
|softened butter –||2 tbsp. spoons|
|potato –||1 kg|
|spices, salt –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 40 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 280 Kcal|
To make puree tasty and appetizing, it is better to add hot milk to it. The fatter milk, the tastier it will turn out.
How to cook:
- Prepare potato tubers: peel, cut into large pieces. Put the potatoes in a suitable pot of cold water. Cook in the traditional way on a minimum heat of 20 minutes, salt after boiling;
- Heat the milk, and this can be done on the stove or in the microwave. In the cooked potatoes, add butter, knead. Then gradually pour boiling milk, stirring the potato mass constantly, so that lumps do not appear.
Mashed potatoes with milk and egg
Mashed potatoes will be more delicious, rich in color, if you add egg yolks to it. The puree will be very lush if the protein is separated, whipped into a lush foam and mixed with the potato mass before being put on the table..
It will take:
- 50 grams of softened butter;
- cream (full-fat milk) – 150 ml;
- potatoes – 1 kg;
- salt – to taste.
Preparation time – half an hour, energy value – 310 kcal.
How to cook:
- Wash the potato tubers thoroughly, remove the peel from them, cut into two halves. Boil the potatoes on the stove until ready. The average cooking time is 20 minutes. Salt is added after boiling;
- Set the minimum heat on the burner, put a frying pan on it with a piece of butter, melt it;
- When the potatoes are fully cooked, it is necessary to drain the water from the pan.
- In a hot potato pour melted butter, hot cream or milk, egg, mash thoroughly masher.
Delicious mashed potatoes without milk
Need to prepare:
- 1 kg of yellow potatoes;
- 50 g of peasant oil;
- 1 large onion;
- potato decoction – 100 ml;
- olive oil – 2 tsp;
- to taste salt, black pepper.
The time it takes to prepare will be 40 minutes, each serving contains 299 kcal..
- Chop the bulb into small pieces, put in a pan with olive oil. Put on the stove, set low fire. Boil the onions to readiness and a beautiful golden hue;
- Cook the potatoes in salted water. And salt only after boiling. In the ready-made potatoes pour decoction, knead, add stewed onions, black pepper, salt (if required), re-knead.
- Prepare the perfect mashed potatoes mainly from yellow crumbly potatoes. It will take an elderly potato, but without sprouts and nevely;
- The biggest mistake that inexperienced cooks make is to use cold milk. Cream, milk or sour cream, first heat, and then add to hot potatoes. And, of course, in each case it is necessary to use butter;
- The taste of mashed potatoes can be changed by adding yolk, cheese or mustard;
- If you rub the boiled potatoes through a normal sieve, and then bring it to the ideal, having worked with a potatoe machine with holes. As such, this dish always looks appetizing, so it may well be a side dish for holiday snacks;
- Another way: use a mixer or blender for cooking. In this case, the mass is too smooth, uniform, unnatural. If you really want to make mashed potatoes with a mixer, then the speed should be low;
- To the potato mass turned out to be tender, creamy, add sour cream and chicken yolk;
- An option for those who do not like milk: instead, mash it diluted with broth. It turns out another taste, but this cooking option is great if you want to use the side dish the next day;
- For boiling potatoes cut into large chunks, as small pieces fall apart, lose starch and turn into mashed potatoes in advance;
- To cook potatoes faster, it must be put in boiling water. Add salt five minutes before the end of cooking..
From all this it follows that using the most affordable products, you can cook an airy, tender, unusually tasty hot dish – mashed potatoes with milk. It has vitamins, minerals, it is easy to cook, it goes well with meat, fish, vegetables.