In the pig, everything is edible! Well, or almost everything – every hostess knows this. It is not for nothing that pig breeding has become so widespread throughout the world: it is relatively easy to keep pigs, and they can feed any gourmet..
Of the meat, salsa and offal you can build a lot of all kinds of delicacies, head, ears and legs – a great basis for jelly, and even pork skin is not a waste.
Although many people prefer to feed the skin off the breast with their own and other cats, we assure you that rolls made from it, prepared with skillful hands, are a wonderful delicacy, anyone who has tried them at least once will agree with that..
There are plenty of recipes for the most popular, time-tested, and new, invented by cooks relatively recently, after inventing such a wonderful and irreplaceable thing in the kitchen as a slow cooker.
We would like to share with you some of them. It is quite possible that they are well known to someone, but if our information will be useful for culinary art lovers, both beginners and experienced, we will be happy.
|pork skin –||500-700 g|
|medium carrots –||1 PC.|
|garlic –||3 cloves|
|salt –||2 – 2.5 tbsp.|
|ground black pepper –||½ tsp.|
|Lavrushka –||3 sheets|
|water –||2 – 2.5 l|
|Time for preparing: 300 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 230 Kcal|
Well, if not sweeter, then certainly more satisfying, more nutritious and healthy. To see this, let’s start with the simplest (but very tasty) recipe..
- Prepare the vegetables: peel carrots and garlic, then rinse them both gently with cold running water;
- We will carrot on a large grater: it is on a large one – this is important, since with strong chopping it just “pops up” into the broth, and the dish will lose its vegetable component;
- Wash my pig skin and scrape it as carefully as possible so that it does not leave any dirt and coarse inclusions;
- Drain with paper or cotton napkins and lay out on a board or a wide plate with a flat bottom;
- Evenly cover with salt (half a tablespoon) and pepper;
- We spread grated carrots on the skin, and on it – garlic, cut into thin slices;
- We fold the skin into a cylinder (it should turn out as tight as possible, so do not spare the forces) and tightly tie it up with string or thick Hebesh thread. The moment is very important: if the roll turns out to be weak, the vegetable filling will simply fall out of it when cooked, and the dish will lose its visual appeal, and the taste will not be the same;
- Put a roll in a saucepan with a non-stick coating, pour water over it, add the remaining salt and leaves of lavrushka, and set it on fire;
- Wait until the water boils, and cook for 1.5 – 2 hours;
- We take out the finished dish with a skimmer, put it under pressure, and put it in the fridge (not in the freezer) for a couple of hours;
- We take out, cut into slices, adding herbs, vegetables, spicy seasonings – horseradish, mustard;
- Happy to eat!
The number of products given in the recipe is calculated for 8 servings, if necessary, the volume can be adjusted accordingly. If there is no time to cook the “packaged” dish, it is stored in the freezer until free time appears..
Pig – ruddy back
If you cook a dish of pork skin, adding onion peel to it, it will give not only a very pleasant golden-brown color, but also a specific “onion” flavor and aroma. Roll with pork skin in onion peel is prepared from:
- soft “shell” with a thin layer of fat – 0.8 kg;
- garlic – 3-5 teeth (as you like);
- pepper peas – 5 pcs .;
- black pepper ground – 0.5 tsp;
- Carnations – 3 pcs .;
- bay leaf – 3 pcs .;
- salt – 2 table. spoons.
Total cooking time is about six hours..
Calories per 100 grams. – 350.
Servings – 4.
Onion peel must be collected in advance, as it will need quite a lot. The exact volume depends on what color you want to get: the more “clothes”, the richer it is.
The procedure for preparing the following:
- Soak the skin in cold water for 2 hours;
- Drain, thoroughly clean on both sides and lay on the board with the greasy side up;
- Salt (half of the total amount specified in the recipe), sprinkle with a mixture of peppers, crushed in garlic press garlic;
- Collapse as tightly as possible, dress with a thread and leave for 2-3 hours so that it is soaked with garlic and spices;
- While soaked, pour the husk into a saucepan, pour cold water over it, bring to a boil;
- Then turn off the heat, close the dishes with a tight lid and allow the husks to steam;
- Drain the resulting broth, add the rest of the salt, cloves, Lavrushka, and put the roll there (the broth should cover it entirely);
- Stew on low heat for about 3 hours.
The finished dish can be eaten immediately, as it cools, or you can first hold it under pressure, then you have to put it in a cold place and wait 8-10 hours.
We guarantee that the taste of homemade delicacy is not inferior to the store, “smoked” by various chemicals.
Crock-pot, help me out!
This miracle pot, from which, like from a fairy-tale magic pot, you can in the blink of an eye take almost any goodness – from soup to pies – is also suitable for cooking the delicacy in question. The recipe includes:
- pig skin with a thin layer of fat – 1 kg 200 g;
- onion turnip medium size – 2-3 pcs .;
- carrots – 1 large or 2 small;
- water – 2½ l;
- pepper and peas – 6-8;
- garlic – half the average head;
- laurel leaf – 3-4 pcs .;
- salt, spices – who likes what and how much.
Cooking for 3-4 hours.
Nutrition in calories – 350/100 g.
How to make pork skin roll with vegetables in a slow cooker:
- We start with the preparation of the main ingredient: it should be properly cleaned with a sharp knife, then rinse thoroughly under running water and wipe with a clean cotton towel;
- Arrange on the cutting board leathery side down and fat up;
- Carefully rub garlic gruel and spices, salt;
- Peel the carrot and chop it with a peeler on thin vertical plates – the thinner the better;
- Putting carrots on the prepared pig skin;
- Twist it as tight as possible and tied with a thread;
- Pour water into the slow cooker, put peeled onion heads (whole), adding laurel and pepper;
- We expose the “Multipovar” mode with a temperature of 100ºС and a time of 10 minutes;
- In the broth, put the “packaged” “bundle”, pour out a spoonful of salt with the top, close the pan and set the switch to “Quenching” for 3 hours. Onions are stewed with the roll;
- Taking the roll, let it cool and set for 8-10 hours in the fridge..
After that he is ready to eat.
Serve food on the table can be in the form of cutting, sprinkled with fresh herbs and vegetables, and you can make a slice of sandwiches – and so, and so it will be delicious.
In the oven – tasty and fragrant!
Dishes cooked in the oven do not boil, do not roast, but bake – this not only makes them especially tasty, but also allows you to save the maximum amount of useful substances. All this fully applies to the rolls of pork skins. For one of these recipes, the following products are needed:
- sandpaper – half a kilo;
- minced chicken – 250 g;
- salt, pepper, spices – to taste.
- half a liter of light beer with a minimum alcohol content;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of mustard;
- 1 tbsp. honey spoon;
- rosemary, black ground pepper.
Cooking time – about 180 minutes.
Calories – 320/100 gr.
How to make a roll of pork skin with minced meat in the oven:
- Cooking sauce, mixing all the ingredients;
- In the stuffing add salt, pepper, spices, and also knead well;
- The shell of the roll is washed, dried, laid out on a cutting board;
- Evenly lay the stuffing on it and spin it more tightly;
- Tie a strong thread;
- Put in a special form and put in the oven, preheated to 200 º C, pre-watered with sauce;
- We bake about 2 hours, occasionally pouring sauce.
Cool the prepared dish, remove the thread, cut it into portions in the form of thin slices and serve with vegetables.
Finally – a pair of small culinary tricks to facilitate cooking. To roll it easier to wrap, it is recommended to slightly beat off with a special hammer. And the finished dish cools down in the refrigerator, not only to improve the taste: in the cold, the food “seizes” and better preserves its shape without crumbling when cut.