Pate has long and tightly entered the breakfast of the Russian people, because they, in addition to the delicate taste, have absorbed all the usefulness of by-products. It has long been known that the liver is the most useful of the list of proteins. Pate is an excellent option for those who do not like the liver in just boiled or fried.
Several procedures should be performed on the liver beforehand, so the paste will get the best taste and texture. If earlier it was possible to buy only frozen product, now in supermarkets in a large assortment you can find the freshest chilled liver..
Thus, it is much easier to assess its quality, because the liver needs the highest quality on pate. Preparing this by-product is quite simple, you just need to rinse it well, soak it in milk for 30 minutes, and then remove all the films. For more convenient use, cut it into cubes.
|pork liver –||500 g|
|smoked bacon (dried) –||100 g|
|lard and oil –||on 5 g|
|onions –||150 g|
|salt and pepper –||to your taste|
|sour cream –||50 g|
|Time for preparing: 80 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 270 Kcal|
However, adding sour cream to the recipe for pork liver paste allows it to become a familiar “spread”..
Mix onion and bacon, cut into small pieces, fry everything until a beautiful golden color;
Add chopped liver to a mixture of onions and bacon, salt and pepper. Fry everything for about 10 minutes. Cool;
Place the mixture in a blender, then grind. Add sour cream and beat well again until the mixture has the desired texture..
Serve with warm bread and cool wine. This is how it gets the most pleasant taste..
Homemade liver pate with cheese
- Pork liver – 350 gr;
- Onion – 1 piece;
- Carrots of medium size – ½ pcs .;
- Mayonnaise – 50 ml;
- Cheese Maasdam or another solid option – 100 gr;
- Greens to taste;
- A pinch of iodized salt and pepper.
Cooking time: 80 minutes.
Calories: 190 per 100 g of product.
Liver pate of pork liver with hard cheese at home is prepared according to the following stages:
- Prepared liver for this recipe should be pre-cooked. It takes about 40 minutes to an hour. Check the readiness simply enough to just pierce the pieces with a knife and check whether the juice flows out of the liver;
- Cool the boiled liver, and then crush it with a meat grinder or blender. The smaller the pieces, the more homogeneous the paste will be;
- Make a fry: chopped onions and shabby carrots fry in sunflower oil until they acquire a golden color;
- Cheese grate on a fine grater, hard cheese is perfect for this, because it has a richer taste and is comfortable to rub;
- All ingredients are mixed in one bowl, salt and pepper. Add mayonnaise to add a mixture of elasticity. Mix everything thoroughly;
- Put the prepared pate into a usual glass jar and leave it in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours..
Pate should be spread on pieces of loaf, garnished with chopped greens..
Liver pate with carrots
This recipe is quite versatile, because to make it you can use any kind of liver, but it is the pork that will give the pate such an exquisite taste..
- Pork liver – 500 gr;
- Onion – 1 pc .;
- Large-sized carrots – 1 pc .;
- Garlic – 2 cloves;
- Creamy peasant butter – 100 g;
- A pinch of salt and pepper.
Cooking time: 45 minutes.
Number of calories: 280 per 100 grams.
How to make a delicious pate of traditional products – pork liver and carrots:
- Pour some vegetable oil into the heated pan and put the already prepared liver. Fry over high heat, stirring constantly, until the liver acquires a light crust;
- Reduce the heat, after which the pan is covered with a lid. The liver should be stewed until tender. The main thing is not to overdo it, because then the product will become tough and not suitable for pate. Stewed liver salt and pepper;
- Peel the onions and carrots, then cut them into small cubes. Fry the mixture on the skirt until golden brown. At the very end add garlic;
- Mix the liver and a mixture of onions and carrots in a bowl. Allow the mass to cool, then pass it through a blender or meat grinder. Add butter to create a softer consistency;
- Transfer the finished pate into a glass container, then put it in the refrigerator.
Pork liver pate with mushrooms
This pate has a rich taste with notes of mushrooms and red wine. Very tasty on slices of still warm bread as a snack at a festive dinner or party. The only disadvantage of this recipe is its rather high fat content, which is not suitable for losing weight..
- 500 grams of pork liver;
- 15 grams of dried white mushrooms;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 onion;
- ½ tsp. spoons of salt;
- 100 grams of unsalted peasant butter;
- 1 glass of red wine, merlot is perfect;
- Pinch of pepper.
Cooking time: 65 minutes.
Number of calories: 420 per 100 grams of product.
How easy it is to make pork liver pate with mushrooms:
- White mushrooms boil in a saucepan for about 5 minutes, or until they become soft. Water to drain;
- Melt peasant butter in a skillet and fry chopped onion and garlic in it;
- Prepared liver with mushrooms put in a pan. Pour the wine and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil until liver is fully cooked;
- Allow the mixture to cool before transferring to a food processor. Grind the liver to obtain a homogeneous mass (if you are not satisfied with the texture, then for more softness, you can add a little melted butter). Salt and pepper;
- Pate must cool completely before transferring to can..
Pork liver pate with double bacon
Rarely, children really love liver pates, because they have a specific taste. However, this recipe was created specifically for children, because the amount of bacon added here improves the taste and aroma..
- 12 slices of bacon;
- 1 table spoonful of peasant butter;
- 1 cup chopped fresh champignons;
- 1 onion;
- 300 grams of pork liver;
- ½ tsp. spoons of Worcestershire sauce;
- A little salt (you can miss it, because bacon is a very salty product) and pepper.
Cooking time: 50 minutes.
Number of calories: 450 per 100 grams.
- In a cast iron skillet, fry the bacon until it becomes crispy. Remove it from the heat and put on paper towels so that excess fat stacks. Set the temperature on low heat and add chopped onion and mushrooms to the oil left in the pan. Within 15 minutes the mixture will be cooked;
- In a medium saucepan, heat the water to boil. Add the prepared liver, then leave it to prepare, covered with a lid. It will take about 15–20 minutes to be ready. Water is completely drained;
- In a blender, the liver is completely ground. Add a mixture of bacon, onions and mushrooms, as well as all the remaining ingredients, then knead everything in a homogeneous mixture.
Serve with celery and sweet pepper chopsticks or crackers.
Little tips and secrets
In order to rid the pork liver from a rather strong bitter taste, you should soak it in fresh milk. Just half an hour is enough to make it softer and more tasty, and also get a creamy taste..
Observance of proportions is the main priority in the preparation of pate, because it depends on the taste and texture of the dish.
In order to easily separate the film from the liver, it is necessary to immerse it in hot water, this will also make it more tender..
Store homemade liver pates for no more than 1 week, and preferably 3-4 days. After that, they lose their taste.
In order to grind the mixture for the paste, you can use both a meat grinder and a blender, however, the second one will provide a uniform and delicate texture..
If you grease the top of the paste with melted butter, it will no longer solidify and will not be covered with a dark crust..
Enjoy your meal!