Despite the huge range of cheeses in stores, home-made cheese always turns out to be much tastier and healthier. After all, we do not know what components many manufacturers use to prepare this dairy product..
A home will in any case be useful and very tasty. Therefore, each housewife needs to have in her piggy bank a recipe for this product..
|low-fat milk –||400 ml|
|low-fat kefir –||2 glasses|
|eggs –||1 PC.|
|Time for preparing: 600 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 120 Kcal|
Homemade cheese from milk and kefir is made as follows:
- First, you need to pour kefir into a container and break an egg into it;
- All mix well until a uniform structure;
- Add salt and stir;
- Pour milk into a separate container and place it on the gas;
- We warm the milk to a boil;
- After that, pour kefir with egg into milk and heat everything to boiling again;
- Remove the container from the gas and leave to stand for some time;
- Set a colander on a deep tank;
- We roll up a large piece of gauze material several times and lay it on a colander;
- On top of the gauze gently pour the milk mixture with the egg and leave to mix a little glass;
- In an hour, a curd will remain on the surface of the gauze;
- We turn off the gauze with the mixture and remove under the oppression;
- Leave to stand in this state all night;
- In the morning we turn the cheesecloth around and the result should be a ready-made homemade cheese;
- It can be cut and eaten.
The recipe for homemade hard cheese from milk and yogurt with egg
What components will be required:
- fresh milk – 2 liters;
- kefir – 1 cup;
- eggs – 6 pieces;
- salt – 50 grams;
- sour cream – 400 grams.
The cooking process will last for 1.5-2 hours and 6 hours for settling, calorie per 100 grams – 145 kcal.
Start the cooking process:
- First of all, pour the milk into the saucepan, add salt and place on the stove. It needs to be heated to a boil;
- While the milk is being heated, we put the sour cream in a cup, break the chicken eggs in it and mix well. It should make a homogeneous mixture;
- As soon as the milk begins to boil, we spread the sour cream with the eggs into it and immediately pour the kefir;
- All components are well stirred to a uniform structure;
- All again bring to a boil, but do not stop stirring;
- Cook everything until the formation of flakes;
- If the process of the appearance of flakes occurs slowly or they do not appear at all, then you can pour 1 large spoonful of vinegar into the mixture;
- On a deep tank set colander;
- We spread gauze material on top of the colander, while it should be folded several times;
- As soon as the coagulation process is over, remove the whole mixture from the heat;
- Pour everything into a colander and leave for some time to the whole glass serum;
- Additionally, the cheese mixture in gauze must be pressed;
- After that, wrap gauze with cottage cheese flakes well;
- Put the bag with the mixture between the two chopping boards. From above we establish freight not less than 2 kilograms;
- Leave to stand in this state for 5-8 hours;
- During this period, the cheese will harden and acquire the desired consistency;
- After that, the finished cheese can be cut into pieces and serve..
Spicy Adyghe cheese with greens
What components will be needed for cooking:
- milk – 1 liter;
- 4 glasses of kefir;
- eggs – 6 pieces;
- 4 small spoons of salt;
- hot red pepper – a couple of pinches;
- cumin – pinch;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- 2-3 sprigs of dill, parsley, green onions, tarragon.
Preparation takes about 2 hours, settling – 6 hours, calorie -155 kcal.
The rules of cooking Adygei cheese from milk and kefir:
- Fill the deep pan with milk and kefir;
- Place the container on the fire, warm it, but do not bring it to a boil;
- Smash the chicken eggs and lay out in a cup;
- Add salt to the eggs and beat well;
- After that, in a thin stream, pour the beaten eggs into the milk mixture and at the same time stir everything;
- All components are constantly stirring and bring to a boil;
- After boiling we reduce the heat and leave to cook, but do not forget to mix;
- Boil until the moment when there is no separation of the cottage cheese mixture from the whey;
- Rinse the greens, shake and chop into small pieces;
- Garlic peeled and shred small slices;
- After the cheese mixture is ready to remove it from the heat, we put in it finely chopped herbs, garlic, red pepper, cumin;
- Be sure to mix everything;
- On a deep container we set a colander and lay gauze material folded 4 times;
- Fill the cheese mixture in a colander and leave for some time to glass all the whey;
- The surface of the curd mixture is leveled, then we turn the gauze material into a knot and squeeze it;
- Then set the plate on top, put the load on the plate, you can put a jar of water;
- We remove everything in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours;
- After that, deploy. The cheese is ready it can be cut into slices and serve..
- milk – 1 liter;
- kefir – 170 ml;
- granulated sugar – 1 tsp with a hill;
- 100 ml of lemon juice;
- a pinch of salt.
Cooking time will be about 2 hours and 8 hours for settling, calorie – 135 kcal.
How to cook:
- Milk should be poured into a container and placed on the stove;
- We warm everything, but do not bring to a boil;
- Next, pour in the sugar and salt. All stir;
- To get lemon juice, you can take a lemon, cut it into two parts and squeeze juice from one part. This amount will be enough;
- After that, slowly pour kefir into the milk mixture;
- Then pour lemon juice;
- As soon as the curd starts to be otleivatsya from whey, the container should be removed from the heat;
- Leave to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes;
- After that, set the colander to a deep container and cover with gauze material, which is 4 times folded;
- Pour the cheese mixture into a colander on gauze and leave to stand so that all the whey is covered;
- After that, we collect the edges of the gauze and tie it to a knot;
- We suspend the bag with the cheese mass and leave it in this state for the whole night;
- After that, we unroll, take out the finished cheese and we can eat;
- Ready homemade cheese from milk and kefir can be stored in the refrigerator.
- it is desirable to use milk of average fat content. After cooking the cheese will get the desired consistency and will not be very hard;
- boil the mixture for cheese stands in a container of thick walls, in this pot it will not burn;
- during the infusion of kefir and eggs into the milk, be sure to mix everything up. For mixing, it is best to use a wooden spatula;
- in addition, you can add spices, herbs, olives or pieces of vegetables to the cheese.
Cooking homemade cheese from milk and kefir is quite a laborious process that takes more than one hour. But still it’s worth it. As a result, you can make a much tastier and healthier product than the one we are offered in stores. And if you add spices or herbs to it, it will also be more fragrant. Take the time and effort, prepare it yourself, your family will appreciate your work.