Probably, few people have heard of such an original delicacy, as jam made from green walnuts. But this dessert turns out to be no worse than jam from berries, except that it is prepared a little harder and longer. But it is worth it..
Be sure to learn how to cook this yummy, and to facilitate this process, you can use several recipes for this dessert, which are listed below.
The composition of the walnut includes the following components:
- A number of vitamins C, PP, as well as group BB;
- Acids – stearic, linoleic, oleic and others;
- A number of minerals:
- Zinc – this component is necessary to improve skin condition;
- Magnesium provides for dilation of blood vessels;
- Iodine is needed during diseases that are associated with the thyroid gland;
- Calcium is needed to improve the quality of bone tissue, teeth;
- Iron to prevent anemia;
- The high level of carotene provides the extension of youth;
- Phytoncidal components, which are contained in the composition of essential oils, stop bacteria development.
Moreover, this dessert has a number of beneficial effects on the body and helps with various health problems. Here’s how useful green walnut jam is:
- Eliminates insomnia;
- Helps with sudden drops in blood pressure;
- Relieves headaches;
- Useful during depressive and stressful conditions;
- It should be consumed during pregnancy. The high content of iodine will ensure the full development of the fetus;
- It should be given to children during rickets and with a weak immune system;
- It should be eaten with increased mental and physical stress..
Green Walnut Jam: A Simple Recipe
What will be needed for cooking:
- Unripe green walnuts – 100 pieces;
- 2 kilograms of granulated sugar;
- 500 ml of water;
- Carnation – 2-3 sticks;
- Lemon – 1 piece.
How to make green walnut jam:
- We put the green nuts in a bowl, pour water and put on the stove to boil. Cook for 10 minutes;
- After 10 minutes, remove them from the container to the sieve and leave to stand to let the glass all the liquid;
- Then prepare the syrup. In a container, pour half a liter of water, pour some granulated sugar and set it on fire;
- After the syrup has heated, put a clove there, squeeze lemon juice and pour the boiled nuts out of the sieve;
- Boil them to a boil and remove from heat;
- As soon as they cool down, put again on the fire and boil until boiling, again remove to cool;
- On the third time boil until cooked. On the readiness will say the softness of the fruit;
- As soon as the jam is ready, remove from the heat and leave to cool;
- Banks are washed and must be doused with boiling water or kept for a couple of minutes 15;
- We spread the finished jam in containers, cork with lids and remove for storage in a dark place.
Constituent ingredients recipe:
- One kilogram of green walnuts;
- One and a half kilograms of sugar;
- 10-15 grams of citric acid;
- 1000 ml of water for syrup;
- 50-100 carnation stuff;
- One orange.
- Unripe walnuts need to be peeled and washed thoroughly;
- Then we lay them out in a cup, pour water over it and leave to soak for 48 hours. During the soaking, it is necessary to change the water twice;
- If the water is still cloudy, continue to soak until the water is clear;
- Sometimes it may take longer to soak up to 10-14 days;
- After soaking, pour the nuts with a solution of hydrated lime and leave to infuse for 24 hours. After soaking, rinse them thoroughly to prevent lime from entering the body;
- After that, using a toothpick, each nut should be pierced in 10 places;
- In place of punctures need to insert a clove. If desired, you can add cinnamon, cardamom, ginger pieces;
- Spread the nuts with seasonings in a container, pour the water and set to boil for 30 minutes;
- Then we pour out the water, pour in a clean liquid and set to boil for 30 minutes;
- Pour 1 liter of water into a separate container, pour granulated sugar, put it on the fire and boil until the sugar grains are completely dissolved;
- We shift the nuts into the syrup, boil it in it for 5 minutes. Remove from the stove and leave to cool;
- Two hours later, put on the stove again and boil for another 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, leave to cool;
- Then boil a few more times until the nuts are soft;
- Next, clear the orange from the skin and cut into medium pieces. We spread the orange to the jam and set to boil for another 20 minutes;
- At the end add citric acid;
- Ready jam of walnuts is decomposed into sterilized jars, clogged with lids. Keep it in a cool place..
Bulgarian cooking method
What we will prepare:
- 1 kilogram of green nuts;
- Granulated sugar – 4 glasses;
- A glass of water for syrup;
- 100-150 grams of citric acid;
- A couple of pieces of cardamom;
- 5 buds of carnation.
Let’s start cooking jam from green nuts according to the Bulgarian recipe:
- Nuts need to be washed and cleaned from the skin;
- Then put them in water, add citric acid (for 1 liter you need to add 10-15 grams);
- Put the container with them on the stove, bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes;
- After that, remove the nuts with a slotted spoon, drain the liquid. Again we make a solution with citric acid, boil the nuts in it;
- Repeat cooking in a solution with citric acid at least 15 times, until the fruit is soft;
- Then make a syrup. Pour water into a saucepan, pour granulated sugar and set to boil;
- After that, put in a syrup cardamom, cloves, 10 grams of citric acid and lay out boiled nuts;
- Boil the jam of walnut green nuts until thick;
- We put the ready-made jam in sterilized jars, close the lids and remove for storage in a dark place..
What components will be required:
- Kilogram young nuts;
- Granulated sugar – 5 glasses;
- Carnation – 10 Stuff;
- Lemon – 1 piece.
How to make jam of green walnuts in Ukrainian:
- We wash the nuts in cool water;
- Next, leave them to soak in water for 2 days, periodically changing the water. Daily water changes 3-4 times;
- After that, pour them with water and lime, keep them in it for a day;
- During this period, the nuts will become dark purple or black. After lime wash thoroughly;
- We pierce the nuts with a needle in several places and spread them for 15-20 minutes in boiling water. After hot water immediately lay out in the cold;
- First you need to prepare a syrup of water and sugar and pour them nuts;
- Put the fruit in the syrup to boil until boiling;
- Add cloves and lemon juice to the mixture and boil for 5 minutes;
- After that, remove the jam from the heat and leave to cool. Then again boil for 5 minutes and remove from heat until cool. After cooling, boil one more time;
- We put the finished jam in sterilized cans, corked with lids. Storage can be stored in the fridge..
Recommendations for the note
- Since there is a lot of iodine in the peel of green fruits, it is better to work in gloves during their processing;
- Nuts should have a milky ripeness, when pierced with a needle or toothpick, the tip should easily enter;
- In order to be able to quickly remove the peel, nuts can be dried up on the newspaper for a while.
Green walnut jam is not only tasty, but also very useful. Of course, its preparation will take a lot of time and effort, but still it is necessary to have such a useful medicine, especially in winter. So do not miss this opportunity, prepare this dessert as quickly as possible..