The business card of Austrian cuisine has always been apple strudel. Viennese cafes are especially famous for them. For which he was awarded the name – Viennese. The best rolls are baked by masters of their craft, according to their own family recipe, inherited. But the usual hostess will definitely be able to bake the strudel.
|warm water –||60 ml|
|salt –||on the tip of a knife|
|refined oil –||17-20 ml|
|flour –||320 g|
|Time for preparing: 45 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 411 Kcal|
To bake the very strudel, you need to learn how to make exhaust dough. It is rolled thin enough, and then it is stretched by hands to transparency..
Sift the flour on a wide tray, gathering a slide in the center to make a funnel. Add salt, vegetable oil and water.
Moreover, the liquid is poured gradually, mixing it with flour by hand or fork. The dough should be soft.
During the kneading process, the dough is hit on the table, that is, lifted above the table and abruptly thrown. This operation is repeated several times, when the dough stops sticking to the table, and becomes elastic, smooth, immediately roll it into a ball. Then smear with sunflower oil, wrap with cling film, leave alone for at least half an hour.
Cover the work surface with a tablecloth, sprinkle with flour, pour out the dough and roll out a circle with a rolling pin, then stretch it with your hands.
When it is stretched well over the center, put it on the fabric and gently stretch it to the edges, until the layer becomes thin, that the fabric will be visible under it, and the edges of the dough literally hang from the table surface.
Lubricate the finished exhaust product with heated oil.
Layer base strudel option
- 250 grams of sour cream, flour and butter;
- vanillin – on the tip of a knife;
- salt – 1 pinch.
Cooking time will be 40 minutes, calorie 374 kcal.
Instructions for the preparation of puff pastry for strudel are described below. A pack of butter in advance to get out of the refrigerator. When it becomes soft, put it in the mixer cup and beat. In the following sequence add: sour cream, sugar, vanillin and salt. Mix all ingredients until smooth, add sifted flour. Roll the resulting mass into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, send it to the refrigerator for two hours. Then you can take out the dough and roll out into a thin sheet.
A very special taste gives the Viennese cake another dough – yeast.
- 4 tbsp. spoons of butter;
- salt – 15 grams;
- vanilla essence – 1 tsp;
- ½ bag of quick-acting yeast;
- Selected eggs – 2 pcs .;
- 80 g of milk;
- 320 g flour.
For cooking it will take 20 minutes, calorie – 356 kcal.
Yeast dough recipe for strudel step by step:
- Yeast dilute with warm milk or water. Add sugar, eggs, sifted flour, salt, knead everything well to make not very cool dough. Add melted butter at the end, mix and ferment to the warmest place in the kitchen;
- After 2 hours, when the dough rises well, gently knead it with your hands. Let stand for another 50 minutes and again mash it. Put it on a floured cutting board or on a table;
- For a roll, roll out the dough into a layer, cover it with stuffing and roll it up gently. Be sure to let it stand in a warm place, and before baking, brush with egg yolk to make a shiny crust.
How to make apple strudel with a Viennese recipe
In order to get strudel with apple filling according to the Vienna recipe, you need to consider the following:
- The dough must be oiled with olive oil, so it turns out very tender;
- In addition to apples, vanilla and cinnamon, they certainly add rum and ground walnuts;
- Before you send the apples to the dough, they must be dipped in cream, pre-whipped or in sour cream..
- vegetable oil – 45 grams;
- flour – 250 g;
- breadcrumbs – 1 bag;
- 200 grams of sugar;
- butter – 35 grams;
- a pinch of fine salt and cinnamon;
- 120 grams of almond flakes;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of raisins without stones;
- 1 kg of apples.
To bake strudel it will take 1 hour and 45 minutes, the caloric content of 1 serving is 280 kcal..
How to cook Viennese strudel with apples? Consider the whole process step by step..
Rinse the raisins under running water. Put in a bowl, pour boiling water. After 10 minutes, when the raisins become soft, drain the liquid, and press it well with your hands. To remove excess water, put the raisins on a paper towel..
Put almonds on a hot frying pan, dry it without oil for 3 minutes. Flakes should have a golden hue. Remove the flakes in a cup and leave alone for the time being. By the way, if there are no almond flakes, it is allowed to replace them with other nuts. For example, finely chopped hazelnuts.
To make a roll, you need a sweet crumb. To do this, fry the bread crumbs in a dry frying pan. In another container, melt the butter, divided into equal parts. Remove the batch and mix the second together with sugar and bread crumbs..
For the filling, it is better to choose green apples. They perfectly retain their shape even after heat exposure, so the finished roll in the cut looks very beautiful. Apples cut into plastics, and so that they retain color immediately sprinkle with lemon juice.
Some sweet crumbs need to be left, it is still useful. The remaining part is mixed with apples, almond flakes, sugar, raisins, sprinkle with cinnamon and mix, leave on the table.
In a cup, combine 100 ml of water with flour, vegetable oil, salt. Next, mix all the ingredients with a mixer. If the dough is elastic, does not stick to the hands, then it is ready.
Dough mash your hands and roll it into the thinnest layer. Then it should be stretched so that it becomes transparent. Spread the cloth on the table, powder it with flour, put the dough out and stretch it, giving it a rectangle shape. Lubricate it with oil and powder.
The filling is laid out on the layer of dough at the very beginning. With the help of cloth, roll up the roll, with each turn should be well compressed hands. In the finished product to remove excess dough, which are usually formed on the edge.
Baking a baking sheet with cooking paper, put a strudel on it, grease with oil.
Set an oven temperature of 195 degrees. And already in the heated put the strudel. Cook for 20 minutes.
Useful cooking tips
- the dough for making strudel is done in advance, because it must be drawn;
- baking tray is better to choose with a protective coating or use cooking paper;
- vegetable oil will give the dough a lamination, although small;
- exhaust dough must be stretched quickly so that it does not dry out and does not become brittle;
- during baking, the strudel is smeared with an egg several times;
- in the classic strudel preparation recipe, brandy is added to the apple filling.
Apple stuffing, the thinnest dough – that’s all you need for the “aristocratic” strudel.