Cookies from puff pastry, which we call “Ears”, also bears the name “Berlin cake”. In fact, such cookies are more like hearts than ears. According to the classic recipe, it is coated with icing, and the special chic is the presence of lemon flavor, as well as the baking of dough, mixed with cottage cheese.
This delicacy is called a cookie or cake, depending on the size (larger, iced – cake, smaller – cookies).
At home, “Ushek” is considered to be the most well combined with coffee, diluted milk..
We offer the most interesting recipes for making puff pastry. Prepare a notebook and pen!
|cottage cheese –||250 g|
|butter –||250 g|
|flour (premium) –||250 g|
|baking powder –||3 tsp.|
|sugar –||150 g|
|lemon juice –||squeeze out of two fruits|
|powdered sugar –||250 ml|
|Time for preparing: 100 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 320 Kcal|
According to the traditional version of “Berlin cake” is prepared with the addition of cottage cheese, but the process of creating a delicacy from this is not at all complicated..
The process of making cookies from puff pastry “Ears”:
- cool products, sift flour (be sure to take the flour of the highest grade, this will provide “Ears” pomp);
- add salt and baking powder to flour, mix thoroughly;
- chop the butter into pieces, add to the container with flour;
- after butter, put cottage cheese in the same container;
- how to knead everything until a homogeneous mass;
- lightly sprinkle the surface of the table with flour and put the dough on it;
- roll out the mass into a rectangular layer about 5 mm thick, fold in half and roll out again (repeat the procedure at least 8 times);
- put the dough in the refrigerator for 8-10 hours, or in the freezer for 1 hour;
- at the end of the required time period, get the mass, sprinkle sugar on the table and roll the layer on the sugar according to the scheme given earlier;
- turn the resulting sheet from the opposite edges to the middle line (the opposite movement should turn out);
- cut “roll” cut into pieces (15 mm in thickness);
- cover the baking sheet with baking paper and grease it with butter;
- put cookies on a baking sheet (with a distance of at least half of one “ear” to prevent them from sticking together);
- baking tray in the oven (preheated to 220 ° C) and bake cookies for 15-20 minutes;
- while the cookie is being prepared – mix lemon juice with powdered sugar (you should get a syrup in which you can dip the cookies later);
- after 20 minutes, cookies and syrup can be served.
Option number 1
- Layered dough – 1 pack;
- Sugar – 100 gr.
Time: 30-40 minutes.
Caloric content: 520 kcal.
Quick cookies from puff pastry with sugar is prepared as follows:
- defrost the dough and roll out a little;
- when the mass is already slightly “warmed up” you need to sprinkle it with water and sprinkle with sugar (if you wish, you can use cane instead of regular sugar and add vanillin);
- the prepared layer of dough is rolled up from the edges, forming a roll;
- cut the roll into pieces of 15 mm thick;
- lay out the “Ears” on a baking sheet covered with baking paper (pre-lubricated), at some distance from each other, so that when the pastry rises, they will not stick together;
- Sprinkle cookies with sugar and put the pan in the oven (preheat it to 180 ° C), bake cookies for 8 minutes;
- when a “blush” appears on the cookie, the baking sheet can be taken out of the oven, and the ears should be served on the table.
Option number 2
The second quick recipe for making puff pastry with sugar.
Ingredients (for 15 servings):
- Puff yeast dough (purchased) – 0.5 kg;
- Chicken egg – 2 pieces;
- Sugar – 200 gr.
Time: 40-50 minutes.
Caloric content: 520 kcal.
The process of making cookies from puff yeast dough:
- prepare all the necessary ingredients;
- defrost the dough (it must first lie in the freezer for 0.5 – 1 hour);
- turn on the oven so that it starts to warm up;
- in a small bowl, beat two eggs;
- if you have to cook in cramped conditions, it is best to divide the dough into several parts (about 3-4);
- roll out each part in turn to a thickness of 2 mm, and having rolled it out, brush the layer on top with a beaten egg using a silicone brush and sprinkle with sugar;
- sprinkle baking water;
- using special molds, squeeze cookies out of the dough and put the already formed cookies on the baking sheet;
- when the whole baking sheet is busy, put it in the oven and bake the cookies for a third hour at 230 ° C;
- after 20 minutes, treats can be served.
Cookies from puff pastry with jam
Another option “Ears” using jam.
- yeast-free puff pastry – 500 gr .;
- jam – 300-350 ml;
- egg yolk.
Time: 30 minutes.
Caloric content: 532 kcal.
The process of making puff pastry with jam:
- defrost and roll out a layer of yeast-free dough;
- put jam on the rolled dough; the thicker the jam, the more dense the layer can be applied, but you still need to follow the measure;
- roll the dough into a roll and slice it;
- lay out “Ears” on a baking sheet;
- shake the egg yolk in a small bowl and, using a special silicone brush, brush the “Ears” over with a whipped yolk;
- put the pan in the oven (temperature – 180 ° C) and bake cookies for 30 minutes.
- after half an hour, take out the delicacy from the oven and serve.
Lenten patties with cabbage from different types of dough according to a simple recipe.
Stewed potatoes with meat in a slow cooker. Read our selection of recipes..
Read how to cook beef gravy. This is a great addition to vegetables or cereals..
- It should be sufficiently twist the dough into a roll, so that the cookie then retains its integrity, but you can not overdo it, because then the “Ears” will lose their pomp;
- To cut a roll, you need the sharpest knife you can (you can prepare a container with cold water to rinse the tool during the work process);
- When using a recipe with cottage cheese, you should make sure that the cottage cheese does not contain lumps (if any, sift the cottage cheese using a sieve);
- Already prepared cookies should be immediately spread from the baking sheet, otherwise it may stick to the baking paper;
- You can use powdered sugar, nuts, cinnamon for sprinkling;
- As a filling for sweet puff pastry, you can use nut butter, liquid chocolate, condensed milk;
- For savory pastries, cheese, caviar, finely chopped sausage, boiled meat are suitable as a filling (however, you do not need sugar when kneading dough, but you can add seasonings: dried dill, cumin, thyme, basil, savory);
- In a simpler variant of making cookies, you can not fold the dough from two opposite sides, but roll it up like a normal roll to one side and cut it (it definitely will not affect the taste, but the process will go faster);
- Raw baking is not suitable for puff pastry, otherwise the final product will not be baked and will get an unpresentable look;
- Cooking puff pastries should be as fast as possible before the dough has finally warmed up, or you need to work with it in a relatively cool room..
It is allowed to store the already prepared dough in the refrigerator for 1-1.5 weeks (approximately from the 5th day a small fermentation process begins, when cooking this gives the liver extra lightness). Bake homemade cookies according to one of the recipes suggested above and treat your family to them.!