When the beet harvest succeeds, the housewives are puzzled over what to cook for maximum preservation of the product and the variety of the winter table.
Therefore, we decided to help by preparing the best golden recipes of beet blanks for the winter. Get ready for the cold with us!
The most delicious preparation of beets for the winter
The task is solved with ease, when you know a considerable number of useful and interesting recipes blanks. For example, beets can be pickled, close the juice, syrup, kvass, cook caviar, salad, and even cook tasty jam..
Canned with maximum benefit
Such a natural harvesting of beets is convenient because in the minimum of time you can prepare a vegetable for future preparations, salads, dishes, etc. And it is called natural because the recipe preserves its taste qualities as much as possible..
So, for the preparation will need:
- Beets – 2-3 kg;
- 2% brine;
- Water – 1 l;
- Salt – 20 gr.
Blanch well-washed beet for 20 minutes, then peel. If the selected roots are small in size, then they can be preserved whole..
And large and medium ones are best cut into slices, straws, circles, cubes – at your discretion..
Pour the beets in brine and put the jars for sterilization: liter – 45 minutes, half a liter – 40 minutes.
Please note that the ratio of root crops and pickles in the bank should be 60% to 40%.
The oldest and proven method of harvesting for the winter of beets. Everyone knows that in Russia the housewives quenched almost everything that came to hand – cucumbers, cabbage, watermelons, tomatoes, beets, and even apples. And few people know that, in the old days, borscht was not seasoned with fresh, but sour root vegetables..
List of products required for souring:
- Beets – 1 kg;
- Water – 1 l;
- Salt to taste.
- Rinse the roots, peel and chop in any convenient way;
- Dissolve salt in water and pour beetroot with this brine;
- Cover with a lid and press down with a load;
- After 2 weeks, pickled root vegetables will be ready.
Do not forget during this time to remove the foam formed on the surface..
Variant of beet juice
Needless to say about the benefits of the juice of this root, when everyone knows that this drink enriches our body with beneficial vitamins and lowers blood pressure.
And who, after such a refusal of a glass of refreshing and healthy juice?
So, for the preparation of such a billet for the winter of beets will need:
- Beets – 1 kg;
- Citric acid (see ratio below).
- Blanched washed vegetables over steam for about 25 minutes, without removing the skin;
- Chop the roots and squeeze the juice, also, without removing the skin;
- Strain the resulting juice and add citric acid. For each liter of juice add 2 grams. acids;
- Bring the drink to a temperature of 80 ° C and pour it into prepared clean cans;
- Sterilize containers for about 10-15 minutes, then roll up.
Sugar free syrup preparation
- Water – 1.5 liters;
- Beets – 1 kg.
Technology of cooking beet syrup for the winter:
- Washed root vegetables cut into slices 3 mm thick;
- Boil and leave for 1.5 hours to insist;
- Filter and put on fire again;
- Boil the juice until tender and periodically remove the formed foam..
How to determine readiness? To do this, drop a little of the cooled syrup on a plate. If the drop does not spread, then it is ready. Can also be identified by taste and color. The finished syrup has a brown tint and a pronounced beet flavor.
Marinated in apple juice, beetroot with the addition of plums
Perhaps, one of the most interesting and unusual in taste properties is the preparation of beets for the winter, for the preparation of which you will need:
- Carnation – 5 pcs .;
- Beets – 1.5 kg;
- Salt – 1 tbsp. l;
- Plum (Hungarian variety) – 1 kg;
- Sugar – 1 cup;
- Apple Juice – 1.2 L.
- Washed beetle boil until half ready, then drench with cold water, peel and cut into circles;
- Arrange the chopped root vegetables in a jar, arrange plums on top, after removing the stones and throw the cloves;
- Prepare the marinade from salt, sugar and juice, bring it to a boil and pour the contents of the cans into it;
- Place the jars in the pot and begin sterilization after boiling the liquid.
Beet Salad “On Health”
Simple, but very tasty salad with onions for the winter.
- 9% table vinegar – 100 ml;
- Beets – 2 kg;
- Salt – 1 tbsp. l .;
- Onions – 1 kg;
- Vegetable oil – 150 ml.
Step-by-step instructions for making salad for the winter:
- Peeled root grate on a large grater;
- Onion cut into half rings;
- Mix all ingredients and leave to infuse in a cool place for 12 hours;
- After a specified time, put the salad on the stove, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for about 20 minutes;
- Ready salad decomposed sterilized banks.
Preparation for borsch for the winter
To prepare this harvesting of beets for each hostess is a matter of honor. Which of the household will refuse rich borscht on a cold winter day? Moreover, the time for the preparation of the workpiece will take at least.
- Beets – 3 kg;
- Onion – 1 kg;
- Carrots – 1.5 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 kg;
- Vegetable oil – 100 ml;
- Tomatoes – 1 kg;
- Chili pepper – 1 pc .;
- Sugar – 5 tbsp. l .;
- Table Vinegar – 1 cup.
Preparation for the winter for beet borscht is done as follows:
- Bulgarian pepper cut into strips;
- Shred onions;
- Grate carrots and beet;
- Do pepper or remove the seeds and finely chop;
- Chop tomatoes in small cubes;
- To prepare the billet, a large pan is needed in which all ingredients will be stewed;
- Pour in oil and begin to fry onions;
- After adding carrots and after 2 minutes lay the rest of the ingredients, except for tomatoes;
- After 3 minutes, add the tomatoes, sprinkle with sugar, pour in vinegar, stir and simmer for another quarter of an hour under the lid closed;
- The finished billet decomposed sterilized banks.
Her Majesty, caviar!
Tasty and original caviar is obtained from vegetables, including beetroot. This preparation of beet caviar for the winter in banks perfectly diversifies the winter feast, and even in time it will not be too expensive.
- Beets – 1 kg;
- 9% table vinegar – 75 ml;
- Bulgarian pepper – 250 gr .;
- Vegetable oil – 250 ml;
- Tomatoes – 750 g;
- Granulated sugar – 100 gr .;
- Onion – 250 gr .;
- Salt – 30 g .;
- Garlic – 100 gr.
Step by Step:
- Grate buryak on a coarse grater, chop the tomatoes into small rings, cut the onion and pepper into half rings, and finely grate the garlic or skip through the garlic dressing;
- Boil the onions in boiling oil, then add the tomato to it and simmer the ingredients for about 5 minutes;
- Throw pepper;
- After a couple of minutes, pour in the vinegar, pour in the sugar, salt and add the beet;
- Stir and simmer the eggs for about 40 minutes;
- At the end add the garlic, mix and immediately decompose the beet caviar in sterilized jars..
- Vegetable oil – 1.5 cups;
- Beets – 1 kg;
- Salt – 50 g .;
- Eggplant – 1 kg;
- Sugar – 7 tbsp. l .;
- Apples – 1 kg.
Step-by-step instructions for preparing the preparation of beets for the winter:
- Eggplants and apples finely cut into cubes, grate the beet;
- Put the crushed ingredients in a saucepan with salt, sprinkle with sugar and leave for an hour;
- Put the container with vegetables on the stove, pour in the oil and bring to the boil;
- Reduce heat and simmer for half an hour with the lid closed;
- Remove the lid and continue quenching for another 15 minutes;
- Spawn ready-made caviar in sterilized cans..
Secrets of conservation
In order to not lose the bright color during the heat treatment of beets, it is necessary to cut the root with the tops before cooking, and pour a little vinegar, lemon juice into the water or pour in citric acid.
For quick peeling, roll over boiled beets with cold water..
For the starter, it is best to use a late vegetable variety, which has a lot of sugar..
To prepare brine for souring, it is necessary for each 10 liters of liquid to add 500 grams. salt. When fermented, you do not need to add any spices or herbs..
Successful to you preparations from a beet for a winter season!
- 1 The most delicious preparation of beets for the winter
- 2 Secrets of conservation