In fact, it is impossible to accurately name the country where the creme brulee ice cream appeared. In many European countries consider it their dessert. The French invented the product of the same name with the name “creme brulee”, which translates as “baked cream”, the British are experimenting with the dessert “Trinity cream”, and the Spaniards believe that their recipe for cream-catalan was spoiled by “all” foreigners. Perhaps the very idea of the producers of ice cream creme brulee still picked up from the French.
|white sugar –||125 g|
|milk –||350 ml|
|cream –||450 ml|
|corn starch –||20 g|
|powdered milk –||40 g|
|Time for preparing: 55 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 298 Kcal|
Unfortunately, ice cream manufacturers do not always follow GOST. Want to cook a treat according to the standard, learn how to make it yourself. This is not such a complicated “matter”. Cook the caramel syrup and combine it with other ingredients..
How to make creme brulee ice cream at home according to established GOST:
- Pour 50 ml of milk into a small dish, put on low heat and only heat, without boiling;
- Boil creme brulee syrup: put 80 g of granulated sugar in a small saucepan or pan with a thickened bottom and melt it over low heat to make a beautiful brown caramel..
- Very slowly pour the caramel mass into the heated milk, while continuously stirring to avoid coagulation of the dairy product. Continue to beat for some time;
- Prepare a base for ice cream: combine the remaining sugar with powdered milk, pour 50 ml of fresh milk into this mixture, mix thoroughly. Pour the resulting milk mixture into the syrup, add another glass of milk, be sure to mix and put on fire.
- With continuous stirring, heat until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes;
- After turning off the mixture, strain it into another pan using clean gauze or a sieve. Put on the stove again, bring to a boil;
- While the future ice cream is boiling, pour the remaining fresh milk into a small container and, adding starch, mix until smooth and gently put the starch mixture into the pan. Boil over low heat until thick, about 1 min;
- Cover the pan with a lid or tighten the film, in this form, leave to cool. Then send for two hours in the fridge;
- Whip the cream with a mixer in a lush and fairly dense foam, enter them into the cooled base and whisk again.
- Put the ice cream in containers, put in the freezer for one hour;
- An hour later, put the ice cream in the bowl, whisk with a mixer or food processor. Return to the same container, send in the freezer for two hours.
Simplified recipe creme brulee ice cream
The basis of the simplified version of ice cream is only 4 ingredients: 35% cream, yolks, sugar and milk.
- sugar – 190 g;
- 35% cream – 500 ml;
- egg yolks – 7 pieces;
- milk – 250 ml.
Cooking time: 45 min. + freezing. Caloric content of 100 g servings of ice cream: 299 kcal.
How to cook:
- Pour the cream and milk into a small bowl, warm it up to minimum heat until the first bubbles, then remove from the stove;
- Mix sugar (150 g) with egg yolks with a mixer. Without stopping the beating, pour the hot milk with cream with the thinnest trickle, whisk another slightly;
- Return the milk-egg mass to the bowl, stir, send to the fire. Warm up with continuous stirring until the mixture thickens. 3 minutes is enough;
- The remaining sugar (40 g) melt in a bowl with a thickened bottom. Pour in a little milk-egg cream to the sugar, stir and send back to the bowl with the cream, stir, allow the mass to cool down;
- Send the creme brulee to the freezer, periodically remove and mix well so that there are no ice crystals in the finished dessert, and the mixture evenly stiffens.
How to make a delicacy without eggs
The main secret of this recipe is that we will use not ordinary condensed milk, but boiled “Caramel”. It has a thick, mellow texture and a unique caramel flavor..
- Boiled condensed milk with caramel sugar – 1 soft package or can;
- gelatin – 2 plates (8 g);
- cream 33% fat – 950 ml;
- brown sugar – 90 g;
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract.
Cooking time: 40 min. + cooling time: 1.5 hours. Portion of 100 g: 305 kcal.
How to cook homemade ice cream creme brulee without eggs:
- In a small amount of chilled water, soak the gelatin;
- In deep dishes, combine condensed milk, cream, vanilla extract and brown sugar, then whisk with a mixer into a fluffy mass;
- Blot the swollen gelatin with a paper towel, add to the condensed milk with cream and mix well. If lumps remain, then wipe the mass through a sieve, whisk it all over again;
- Arrange creme brulee in containers, send in the freezer for 1.5 hours;
- After this time, place the ice cream in the bowl of the device and whisk. Put it in containers again, send it in the freezer..
Ice cream creme brulee in ice cream maker
Large selection of modern ice cream makers allows us to prepare ice cream without leaving home. It is quite simple to use the ice cream machine: you need to send the cooling tank to the freezer in advance so that the coolant between its walls gets cold, then fill it with the prepared mixture, close the device, press the button and go about your business.
- 6 yolks;
- 250 g brown sugar;
- 550 ml of heavy cream;
- 200 ml of milk.
Cooking time required: 45 min. + freeze time. A serving of 100 grams of ice cream: 310 kcal.
How to cook:
- Pour 400 ml of cream and 200 ml of milk into a saucepan, place on minimal heat, heat until the first bubbles appear, but do not boil;
- Pour 100 g of sugar into the pan, over a low heat, melt to get a caramel mass of brown tint. Pour this caramel into the warmed cream with the thinnest stream, stirring constantly to prevent the cream from curdling. After all the caramel mass has dissolved, keep stirring for another couple of minutes;
- In a deep bowl with a mixer, beat the egg yolks together with 150 g of sugar. Continuing to beat, slowly pour in the creamy caramel mixture and beat a little more;
- Pour the mixture back into the pan, stir a little, put on the fire. With constant stirring, warm until thick. Approximately 4 min. Then cool;
- In advance, place the bowl of the ice cream maker in the freezer so that the coolant, located between the walls of the tank, is well cooled. Take it out and fill it with the cooled mixture;
- In the device ice cream mix well. After about half an hour, put the finished creme brulee in containers, put in the freezer.
On a note
- In order for the ice cream to evenly freeze and there was no ice in it after it was sent to the freezer, it must be periodically removed and thoroughly mixed;
- You can do it differently: put the ice cream in a container for two hours in the freezer, then put it in the bowl of a food processor and beat. Return to container, send freeze;
- If you use an ice cream maker, then fill the bowl only half, so during the mixing process, the dessert is also saturated with oxygen;
- Cooked creme brulee reach from the bowl with plastic or wooden devices..
Treat the resulting delicacy to your loved ones – let them enjoy!