Decorate homemade cake can not only mastic. You can use lighter and delicate roses. They are a classic of pastry decorations: they never lose popularity and always attract the looks of sweet teeth. And you can cook them in several ways and techniques.
|water –||70 ml|
|Sahara –||0.2 kg|
|chicken eggs proteins –||3 pcs.|
|lemon juice –||5 ml|
|Time for preparing: 20 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 240 Kcal|
How to whip cream for roses on the cake:
- Pour sugar into a bowl or pan, and then pour water into it. Put on fire;
- The resulting syrup must be boiled for five minutes, the fire is medium, all the grains of sugar should dissolve;
- Then add a little lemon juice here, and you can use citric acid, just a couple of grains. Stir and turn off, remove from warm plate;
- Take proteins, necessarily chilled. Add a pinch of salt to them and begin to beat with a mixer, in order to get a strong foam;
- Pour the hot syrup in a thin stream and continue to beat the mass. The cream and bowl will heat up, and you need to continue working with the mixer until they cool down;
- After that, you can shift in a pastry bag. Optionally, at the end of whipping, you can add food coloring and stir a little more..
Oil cream for delicate roses on the cake
- 45 grams of sugar;
- 0.1 kg of oil;
- 60 ml of water.
Time: 30 min.
How to beat:
- In a skillet pour sugar;
- Next, pour water here and put on fire. Constantly stirring with a spoon, it is necessary to achieve the dissolution of the grains;
- When foam appears, you need to remove it, turn off the stove and cool the syrup;
- In a deep bowl, melt the butter;
- After that, you need to beat the mixer with it for about twelve minutes, until you get a white fluffy mass;
- Without turning off the mixer, you need to gradually pour the syrup;
- It is now possible to add dyes or flavors;
- Beat another ten minutes, no more, after which you can use for decoration and interlayer.
- 0.2 kg of oil;
- 60 g sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- 90 ml of milk.
Time: 40 min.
How to beat:
- Pour milk into a saucepan and put on the fire;
- Immediately add sugar here and constantly stir the mixture. Wait for boiling and immediately turn off;
- In another bowl, use a mixer to beat the eggs. Continuing to beat, you need to pour hot milk here. Need to move quickly;
- Return to the fire, continue to stir and almost bring to a boil, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly;
- In another bowl, beat the butter. It is desirable that it be at room temperature, this will speed up the process. Beat until fluffy, it will be white;
- Then pour the milk mixture into the oil, without ceasing to interfere. Then knead all until a homogeneous fluffy mixture. Let cool.
Instructions for making roses from the cream on the cake
To create roses can not do without special tools. Fortunately, they are pretty simple..
Need a pastry bag with at least one simple nozzle. Also need a pastry nail, they are of different diameters. You need baking paper and a small piece of biscuit in the form of a cone or marzipan, because a rose will be built on this base..
So let’s get started:
- Baking paper should be cut into even squares, slightly larger than the future rose;
- Next, this box with a drop of cream should be glued to the pastry nail;
- In the same way, on a drop of cream, to a piece of paper, you need to glue marzipan or a cone-shaped sponge cake. Need to glue the widest part;
- Take a flat nozzle, if any, and install it in a pastry bag, and you need to fill it with cream;
- Carefully rotating the nail in one hand, with a cream and a syringe, apply the base of the rose on the cone;
- Next, continuing to rotate, you need to make three rose petals around. One petal occupies about a third of the circumference of the cone, they can and should be slightly superimposed on each other;
- The next layer consists of the same jerky movements: five petals, the size of a fifth of the entire circumference;
- Repeat the same thing, already making seven petals on the next layer;
- Carefully remove the finished rose from the nail. Repeat the same thing with the rest of the cones as needed;
- Ready-made flowers should be removed in the refrigerator. They should be removed along with pastry paper;
- When the roses are cold, they can be fixed to the cake;
- Next, from the nozzle and green cream, you can create neat leaves and stems of roses right on the cake.
Alternatively, you can do much easier. You can simply use a special nozzle on the pastry bag. Squeezing a piece of cream directly onto the cake, you can immediately make simple flowers. They will not be so similar to real roses, as with a more complex technique. But if you take a fairly wide nozzle, with a diameter of one and a half centimeters, you can achieve an open rose.
In addition, from such attachments you can make both closed and open types of stars, corrugated patterns, weave baskets, create whole reefs, Christmas trees, etc. And you can create simple peaks, as you like.
Cake Decorating Ideas
Roses can be placed as you like, it all depends on the style of the cake. They can lie in a wave, and it is beautiful, when there is no symmetry. These roses are great for two or more level cakes..
You can wave a whole network of roses and leaves on top of the sides. You can decorate in the form of a basket with flowers. And you can make it in the form of a bouquet of flowers or even as a gift, without forgetting the ribbons. Using satin ribbons, you can beautifully emphasize the flowers..
The color of roses plays a significant role. The cake can be completely white, and can have a whole palette. You can combine only cold colors: blue, blue, turquoise. Red roses look beautiful on a white base. Delicate cakes are obtained using pink, purple, peach tones.
In the manufacture of such edible flowers need a little practice and a whole sea of fantasy. Roses can be huge, and maybe a hundred small. They can be black, and gold, and with pearls inside. You can create forever!