For children, the cake is the main treat at the children’s birthday. Besides the fact that it must be tasty, it must also be beautiful. A huge delight at the little birthday boy and his guests will be able to call cartoon characters. They can be on plates, glasses, caps, flags, and, of course, on the cake.
Practically, the children of the whole world know and love the funny little mouse, invented by Walt Disney, Mickey Mouse and his girlfriend Minnie, so the cake, decorated with these characters, will appeal to small sweet teeth..
The decor in the style of Mickey Mouse can be made from both mastic and cream. Below are the recipes for making mastic and cream, as well as descriptions of the process of making and decorating the cake. They will help even a not quite experienced mum-confectioner, bake a cake for the birthday of their beloved daughter or son..
|Marshmallow Marshmallows –||200 g|
|powdered sugar –||500 g|
|lemon juice –||1 teaspoon|
|butter –||1 teaspoon|
|Time for preparing: 30 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 384 Kcal|
Consider the most simple mastic recipes with a minimum set of ingredients and do not require long preparation. This mastic is made from marshmallows and based on condensed milk..
- In a saucepan or deep bowl put the marshmallow, butter and pour lemon juice. Then put the pot with these ingredients in the steam bath;
- When the marshmallows begin to melt, start pouring powdered sugar in portions and knead a lump of thick homogeneous mass that will resemble plasticine..
For mastic on condensed milk, you must take:
- 210 g of condensed milk;
- 165 g of powdered sugar;
- 150 grams of milk powder;
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
To knead the mastic for this recipe, it will also take no more than half an hour..
Caloric content – 390.2 kcal / 100 g.
- Powdered sugar and milk powder should be mixed together and sieved several times through a sieve. This will make the dry mix more uniform;
- Then mix the liquid ingredients and pour in the dry component. Mix everything well into a round ball.
Mastic, cooked and the first, and the second recipes, you need to wrap cling film, and let it rest overnight in the refrigerator. Only after that you can work with it..
For the decor in the style of Mickey Mouse will need mastic of several colors: light (beige or white), red or pink and dark (black or chocolate).
It is easiest to paint mastic with helium dyes, but if they are not or do not want to add ingredients with a complex chemical composition to the cake, you can use natural dyes. Beige color will give carrot juice, pink or red – beetroot or cherry juice. Chocolate color can be obtained by adding melted chocolate to the mastic.
Cake recipe with Walt Disney characters from mastic
So, for biscuit cakes needed:
- 7 chicken eggs;
- 200 grams of sugar;
- 130 g of flour;
- 30 grams of starch;
- 10 g vanilla sugar.
Cake for mastic will need to be leveled, so you need a thick cream. It can be butter with powdered sugar, butter with condensed milk or curd butter. The latter option is preferable because it is not as fat as the others, and curd is good for children..
For the cream will need:
- 500 g of fat cottage cheese;
- 250 g high-quality butter;
- 200 g of powdered sugar (its amount can be increased or decreased depending on how acidic the curd is).
You can also put seasonal fruit in the cream filling between the cake layers..
Preparation for the birthday should begin in advance, two days before the celebration, you need to bake cakes in the evening, make cream, mastic and some decorative elements, and start assembling and decorating the next day. In total, all processes may take from 36 to 48 hours.
Calorie sponge cake 281.5 kcal / 100 g.
- With a mixer at high speed, beat the whites of seven eggs to soft peaks, and in another bowl, beat the yolks with sugar (vanilla including) at high speed too;
- Reduce the speed of beating and gently pour sifted flour with starch to the beaten yolks;
- When the mass becomes homogeneous, turn off the mixer, take the silicone spatula and gently mix the proteins into the dough from the bottom up;
- Lay the bottom of the split form with parchment, do not lubricate the sides, put the dough and bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees;
- Allow the finished biscuit to cool in the oven with the door ajar, then use the knife to carefully walk along the sides of the mold to separate the biscuit. Get the cake, wrap it with cling film and put it in the refrigerator for the night, so that later the cakes will not crumble when sliced;
- For a cream, blend cottage cheese with a blender and mix soft butter with icing sugar with a mixer:
- Then to curd the butter in portions, continuing to beat with a mixer. The finished cream must also spend the night on the bottom shelf in the fridge to stabilize;
- The next day, a ring of split forms to lay out cling film and set on a substrate or spacing. Sponge cake cut into 2-3 Korzh. Lay the cakes in the ring, perelaivaya their cream and fruit. The last cake can be crushed with a press and send the cake for 3-4 hours in the fridge;
- Then remove the ring from the cake, cover it with cream on the top and sides, leveling everything with a pastry spatula or a wide knife dipped in cold water. Then again for an hour in the cold, and after you can already begin to decorate;
The decor in the style of Mickey Mouse mastic can be done in several ways:
- Bake an ordinary round cake, wrap it with mastic or smooth it with cream and decorate with Mickey Mouse and / or Minnie Mouse figures;
- Bake a cake in the shape of the head of a cartoon mouse;
- Decorate the cake with a picture of Mickey Mouse made from mastic.
To make the decoration in the first embodiment, you need to prepare in advance the figure of a mouse and other details of the decor of the mastic, so that they have time to dry out and not be deformed when installed on the cake.
Those who are not sure of their sculptor abilities can first practice and try to make Mickey Mouse together with the plasticine child. If the result is satisfactory, then you need to stock up on light, dark and red mastic and begin to sculpt from it.
For the second option – in the form of the head of Mickey Mouse, you need to bake the base from one big circle and two smaller ones. To do this, you need two servings of the test. This will be the head and ears of the little mouse. Then connect all the details together, a little undercut ears at the junction with the head, so that they fit snugly. Then cover the cakes with mastic and decorate with additional elements of decor..
For example, multicolored circles, asterisks, hearts and other.
For pictures of mastic need to find and print a picture of Mickey or Minnie Mouse. Then the picture is cut into separate fragments, which are made in one color. Then, using these templates, parts of the picture are cut from a thinly rolled mastic of the corresponding color and are combined on the cake into a color mastic picture..
When working with mastic, you need to remember that for the table and the mastic, so that it does not stick to the rolling pin and hands, starch is used.
The remaining starch is subsequently removed with a soft brush, and the paste on the finished cake is smeared with vodka. It will give her shine. You should not worry about alcohol, before serving it will have time to evaporate.
How to make a cake “Mickey Mouse” from the cream with your own hands
For cream decor, you can also bake a cake according to your favorite recipe, or you can try something new, for example, “Milk Girl” cakes. For them you will need:
- 380 g of condensed milk;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 20 g baking powder for the dough (can be replaced with slaked soda);
- 160 g flour.
Cream for smoothing and peremazyvaniya korzhey fit the simplest of whipped cream, for which you need:
- 500 ml of heavy cream (not less than 33%);
- 150 grams of powdered sugar.
You can also put fruit in the layer of this cake..
Baking cakes, whipping the cake and assembling it will take no more than 1 hour, but the decorating process may take twice as long, depending on the complexity chosen..
The caloric value of 100 grams of this cake will be equal to 310.8 kilocalories.
- Using a mixer or a hand whisk, mix all the ingredients for the cake layers. It should make the dough like thick sour cream;
- On a sheet of parchment draw a circle with a diameter of 16 to 20 cm. In its center put two tablespoons of dough and spread it to the edges to make a circle;
- So bake 10-12 cakes in the oven at a temperature of 180-200 degrees;
- For cream, wash and degrease with lemon juice (or citric acid solution) bowl and whisk mixer. The cream must also be ice cold;
- Beat cold cream at high speed, gradually adding powdered sugar. After 10-15 minutes the cream will be ready.
- Smear cream crust, add to the layer of fruit. Align the sides and top, and then you can start decorating.
You can also make a cake in the style of Mickey Mouse in the form of a mouse’s head or make a cream picture on top..
Cake in the form of a head is prepared in the same way as its mastic version, only then it is not covered with mastic, but decorated with cream. To do this, on the blank dark, beige and red (Mickey Mouse tongue or a bow on Minnie’s head) you need to draw a cute little mouse.
And to make a creamy picture, you first need to print a suitable image on paper, paste it into a file that should be disinfected with vodka.
Melt chocolate or confectionery glaze in a water bath or in a microwave, put it in a parchment kornetik, and draw liquid outlines on the file with a pattern of liquid chocolate.
Send the prepared drawing to the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, and then shift the chocolate down to the cream-lined cake. Carefully remove the file so that the contours of the picture remain on the cake. After that, putting the cream in different colors from the pastry bag, color the picture..
How to decorate a cake in the form of a cartoon character
When decorating a cake for a children’s party, you should remember that girls like Mickey Mouse’s girlfriend Minnie more. And more appropriate to use for the decor girlish colors: pink, beige, light shades of green, yellow and others.
To decorate a birthday cake for a boy, you should give preference to more saturated shades of yellow, green, red and blue. Boys will be more excited about Mickey Mouse than his girlfriend.
If the cake is prepared for the birthday of a boy and a girl (for example, twins), then you can conditionally divide it into two halves by completing the decor each in a boy and girl style, and you can make a cake in one neutral style, but with Mickey and Minnie.
But choosing how to decorate a cake, you should not forget to consult with the child and find out what the birthday man himself wants. Only under this condition will it be possible to arrange an unforgettable holiday for the child..