Light, dietary pike fillet is very susceptible to aromatic spices and herbs, while it is fried almost instantly, it is very important not to overdo it in the marinade and on an open fire.
|pike –||1 PC.|
|butter –||60 g|
|freshly ground black pepper –||2 pinches|
|lemon juice –||50 ml|
|Time for preparing: 35 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 205 Kcal|
Before you place the skewers on the grill, you must send the pieces of fish in the marinade with a minimum acid content.
- Rinse the fish, clean, remove fins and head. Cut the pike, cut the ridge, remove small bones with tweezers. Carefully cut the fillet from the skin.
- Cut the fish meat into pieces, add salt, season with freshly ground black pepper, add juice. Stir, leave for 25 minutes.
- On thin skewers strung pickled fish pieces.
- Melt the butter, pour the kebab.
- Bake in the grill until tender.
Tip: fry kebabs for 5 minutes on both sides, this time is enough for the fish to brown.
For a festive dinner
- pike fillet (1.5 kg);
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 orange;
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary;
- 100 g onions;
- 60 ml of olive oil;
- 20 g of honey;
- to taste black pepper and salt + salt;
- 150 grams of dried tomatoes;
- 650 g zucchini;
- bunch of dill.
35 min required.
Calorie portions: 199 kcal.
How to cook:
- From the pike fillet pull out the small bones with tweezers. The skin can not be removed, with her kebab will be stronger. Cut the fish and zucchini into pieces, approximate size – 3.5 cm.
- Put the pieces of fish in a container for marinating, add zucchini, whole tomatoes, crushed garlic cloves. There send the onion, chopped rings. Be sure to stretch the onion with your hands, so he quickly saturate the marinade with juice. Add orange juice, chopped rosemary, honey, butter. To mix everything. Marinate for half an hour.
- On thin skewers string the products alternately: zucchini, pike, tomato, and so on. Season with salt, freshly ground pepper before cooking..
- Cook fish skewers on the grill, roasting each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Put ready shish kebab on dish, decorate with chopped dill.
Cooking option in tomato sauce
Bright taste will give the fish tomato sauce. The main condition is to pickle a pike quickly, no more than 30 minutes.
With tomato juice
- 2 kg of pike;
- 3 onions;
- 200 g of tomato juice;
- freshly ground black pepper + salt to taste.
55-65 min required.
The number of calories: 210 kcal.
- Cut out spinal bones from fish, remove small ones with ordinary tweezers. Cut the fillet into slices.
- Peeled onions chop rings.
- Put fish pieces, onion, pepper, salt, pour tomato juice and marinate in a suitable container (40 min.).
- Marinated fish strung on the prepared skewers, alternating with onion rings.
- Fry on the grill, not forgetting from time to time turn the kebab.
To the note: if you do not want to mess with the pieces, you can take a barbecue grill, only the fish must be cut into large pieces, leaving the skin, and the grill should be smeared with refined oil in advance.
Do you like fish? Learn how to cook pike filler.
A good recipe for pike in batter can be found here..
Want to surprise guests? Prepare the stuffed pike in Jewish for this recipe..
With fresh tomatoes
- 800 g pike fillet;
- 200 g tomatoes;
- 2 pinches of turmeric;
- 250 ml of refined oil;
- 100 ml of wine vinegar;
- 200 g onions;
- to taste salt + white sugar;
- 4 sprigs of cilantro.
20 min required.
Caloric content: 198 kcal.
- Marinate the fillet with chopped tomatoes and turmeric. Enough 35 minutes.
- Prepare marinade for onion: combine butter, wine vinegar, sugar, salt and chopped cilantro. Chop the peeled onions into rings, pour the marinade (10 minutes).
- Grill pike and serve with pickled onions.
Note: fresh tomatoes can be replaced with ketchup or tomato juice.
Pike skewers in a pan
Any kebabs are usually grilled over coals using skewers. But if there is no opportunity to get out into nature, you can cook it at home in a skillet.
- 300 g pike fillet;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 30 ml of orange juice;
- 200 g of natural yoghurt without sugar;
- 1 thyme stem;
- 35 ml of olive oil;
- to taste the spices;
- for decorating greens.
It takes 30 min. Each serving: 207 kcal.
- Chop the fillet pieces. Prepare marinade: combine orange juice with chopped garlic, thyme and salt. Put the pieces of fish in the marinade, soak for 25 minutes.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a heavy frying pan, put the skewers in and cook until half cooked..
- Heat another frying pan, put some charcoal into it and heat it.
- Move the fish to the edges of the pan, and put the red-hot coal in the center, cover with a lid. Wait over low heat until the kebab is fully cooked..
- Prepare the sauce: combine yogurt with chopped greens, freshly ground black pepper, orange juice.
- Serve fish skewers with sauce.
Culinary trick: so that the kebab does not look like ordinary fried fish, add hot charcoal to the pan.
Oven Cooking Recipes
Stringing on skewers, you can alternate pieces of pike with diced white bread. It is appropriate to leave a little marinade to sprinkle the skewers in the process or grease already prepared.
With slices of white bread
- 2 kg of pike;
- 1 large garlic clove;
- 100 ml of olive oil;
- 1 loaf of white bread;
- 1 tbsp. dry rosemary;
- freshly ground black pepper + salt at its discretion.
40 min required Number of calories: 196 kcal.
- Pike clean, gut and remove the ridge, tweezers to pull out small bones. Cut the prepared fillet into slices. Cut the white bread into the same pieces..
- Pound the cloves of garlic with rosemary in a mortar, pour in the oil, mix.
- Fish pieces are alternately dipped in marinade, then strung on skewers, alternating with diced bread.
- Put the skewers on a baking sheet, pour the marinade.
- Cook in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. at 190ºC.
- 900 g pike fillet;
- 30 ml of olive oil;
- 15 g chopped paprika;
- 300 g onions;
- 180 grams of tomatoes;
- parsley + dill at its discretion;
- 30 ml of lemon juice;
- 120 ml of carbonated mineral water;
- salt to taste.
35 min required.
Portion (100 g): 208 kcal.
- Cut fillet into 2×2 cm cube. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle the pieces with olive oil, then roll in the paprika.
- Prepare marinade: combine tomatoes, chopped with a blender, with onion rings, pour juice, water. Marinate fish pieces (30 minutes).
- On the prepared skewers strung fish, put on a baking sheet. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Ideally, it is better to marinate chilled pike, but if this could not be obtained, it is possible to use fresh frozen semi-finished product. Put it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator, leave overnight. Do not use the microwave to defrost, do not immerse the pike in cold water. The fish should thaw on their own..
- In the morning, chop the skinless fillet into pieces. You can pickle anything. Sprinkle the pieces with lemon or pomegranate juice, brush with tomatoes, crushed in mashed potatoes, season with salt, freshly ground pepper..
- Take the thinnest skewers so that the pieces do not fall apart. String is not tight, but with small intervals.
- Fry fish skewers over medium heat. To determine this temperature, you need to hold your palm at the level of a kebab, you will be able to hold your hand for 6 seconds, you can start cooking.
- Remove the soft fish skewers with skewers can not be fork and knife. To do this, roll the napkin in several layers and, wrapping a piece of fish with it, remove it.
On the video – cooking pike on the grill:
From pike make great kebabs. The fish is slightly marinated in lemon or tomato juice. Also onions, garlic cloves, greens, slices of lemon, lime and orange are added to the pike..