Pollock is a popular ocean fish of the cod family. It is distinguished by its availability and low cost, but in terms of its useful qualities it is not worse than expensive fish varieties..
By the amount of some vitamins and microelements, pollock is among the top ten. Especially rich in iodine, selenium, phosphorus, vitamins A, groups B, PP, C and E. It is recommended for children, pregnant women, people weakened after an illness.
Pollock is indispensable for the diet, because it contains 99% protein and water, and almost no fat. Caloric content of this fish is 72 kcal.
The taste of pollock dryish, that not everyone likes. To correct this deficiency, it is cooked with vegetables, add sauces, cream, sour cream. For those who have not done it for a long time and have forgotten the details of the preparation, the following materials will help. You can learn how to improve the taste of this healthy fish..
General cooking recommendations
These tips are useful for any recipe:
- Most often the store sells frozen pollock. Before you start cooking, you need to defrost it beforehand. If this is not done, then it will fall apart when extinguishing and lose taste. Defrost best naturally – leave in a bowl at room temperature;
- The carcass needs to be gutted, remove the dark film from the abdomen, remove all fins, and if necessary cut off the head and tail. Caviar and liver can be put out with fish;
- If the carcass is too large, then the ridge is removed: carefully cut the meat along it, starting from the tail;
- Vegetables are added to the fish half-baked, they are only slightly passer in a crushed form, and then stewed together with the fish;
- To the dish during cooking is not burnt, add sauces or water to it;
- From the spices to extinguish the pollock, allspice, nutmeg, bay leaf, ginger, cloves. Sold and ready seasonings for fish.
|pollock –||1.5 kg|
|vegetable oil –||3 tbsp. spoons|
|tomato puree –||3 tbsp. spoons|
|low-fat cream –||70 ml|
|onions and carrots –||4 pcs.|
|Bay leaf –||1 PC.|
|seasonings and salt –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 45 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 74 Kcal|
This recipe can be called a classic, as it consists of carrots and onions – the most popular vegetables for cooking pollock.
The procedure for cooking stewed pollock with vegetables in tomato:
- Carcasses with giblets and washed, remove the fins and tail;
- We cut them up into portions, rub them with our favorite seasonings, pepper, salt. While the fish is soaked with spices, prepare carrots and onions;
- Peel vegetables. Onion cut into thin rings, shred carrots;
- We mix cream with paste, if it is necessary salt.
- Fry the onion until it turns golden;
- We add carrots to onions, we pass everything to softness;
- When the vegetable mixture is ready, divide it into two parts, leave half in the pan;
- In the pan with the vegetable mixture, lay out the pieces of fish, top cover with the remainder;
- Pour the contents of the pan with a mixture of cream and tomato paste and simmer for 30 minutes. After the pan heats up well, make a low fire;
- Bay leaf add at the end.
- Decorate fish stew in plates with greens.
Pollock with vegetables, stewed in sour cream
Sour cream makes the taste of fish creamy, adds juiciness and fat content. It is better to take sour cream with a fat content of at least 20%.
- pollock fish – 1 kg;
- sour cream – 400 ml;
- carrots and onions in 150 g each;
- black pepper;
- sunflower oil – 30 g;
- water – 100 ml.
Prepare the dish for 40 minutes. Calories – 142 kcal per 100 g.
Step-by-step recipe for cooking pollock stewed with vegetables in sour cream:
- We cut the carcasses, cut them into pieces, add them, pepper them to taste, add seasonings and leave to soak for 20 minutes;
- Peel and chop vegetables: onions in half rings or quarters, carrot shred;
- Passe them in vegetable oil;
- After 7 minutes, add water, and lightly salt;
- Put fish on vegetables, pour sour cream on top;
- Stew for 20 minutes. The lid must be closed, the fire is weak.
Pollock with carrots and onions, stewed in a slow cooker
This recipe will appeal to those who love a variety of vegetables. It is suitable for low-calorie diets, because all foods are prepared almost without oil in their own juice..
- pollock fillet – 1 kg;
- vegetables – 2 pcs. average size:
- black pepper;
- tomato puree – 25 g;
- vegetable oil – 30 g;
Preparing the dish for about 1 hour. Caloric content – 65.5 kcal per 100 g.
- We cut the fillet into pieces, add salt, add seasoning and pepper;
- Vegetables are peeled. Before peeling, we blanch the tomatoes — place them briefly in hot boiling water;
- All in turn we grind: onions with thin rings, pepper with cubes or thin strips, tomatoes with arbitrary slices, carrot shred;
- Pour oil into a slow cooker, put the fillet pieces first, then the vegetable mixture, add salt;
- Cover with lid and cook for 50 minutes in the “Quenching” mode;
- Bay leaf, tomato puree and herbs add 10 minutes before the end. Mintai fish, stewed with onions and carrots in a slow cooker, is ready.
Stewed fish fillet with vegetables in the oven
In the oven, all dishes acquire a special taste, the same goes for fish with vegetables..
- fillet – 600 g;
- sunflower oil – 70 g;
- vegetables – 2 pieces: tomatoes, carrots, onions;
- black pepper;
- ground cloves.
Preparing the dish for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Calories – 69.4 kcal per 100 g.
- Rub small pieces of fillet with pepper, paprika, ground cloves, salt and leave to soak for half an hour with spices;
- Shred carrots, cut the onions into quarters of rings and pass 5 minutes;
- Peel tomatoes, cut into cubes;
- Add the chopped tomato to the pan and sauté for another 7 minutes;
- Fry fillet on both sides;
- Put the vegetable mixture and fried fillet in layers in baking dishes until they run out;
- Place in the oven for half an hour. Cooking at 180 degrees.
We decorate the stew in the plates with parsley.
Stewed pollock with vegetables is served as a hot dish, boiled rice will suit it as a garnish. If there are a lot of vegetables in the recipe, then you can do without a side dish. After cooling, the dish does not lose its taste and is served as a cold snack..
Using simple recipes for cooking pollock, you can significantly improve the taste of this simple, but useful fish, and diversify the menu..