It is difficult to find a dish as simple as stew. You can cook it in several ways, each of which depends on the ingredients, quality and variety of meat. Let’s talk about pork stew with gravy, as it is cooked quickly, soft in texture, and affordable at cost.
|pork (shoulder part or ham) –||500-600 g|
|bulbs –||2 pcs.|
|tomato –||400 ml|
|butter –||for roasting|
|sifted flour –||25 g|
|fine salt –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 50 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 145 Kcal|
Thick gravy perfectly complements any side dish, be it potato, rice or buckwheat. And with the addition of pork it becomes much tastier..
Step by step cooking stewed pork with gravy:
- Washed meat cut into small pieces;
- Heat the butter in a thick-walled pan and fry the pork in it;
- Add the onions and continue frying for another 7 minutes;
- Roast the ingredients with salt, add sifted flour to them and continue cooking for another 3 minutes;
- Mix in your favorite tomato spices and pour the mixture into the pan;
- Cover the lid. Simmer the contents for about half an hour;
- Meat gravy to pour over garnish.
Braised Pork with Tomato Sauce
List of required products:
- pork ham – 800 gr .;
- bulbs – 3 pcs .;
- melted fat – 50 g .;
- sifted flour – 30 gr .;
- “Cabernet” or “Merlot” (dry red) – 75 ml;
- Paprika (dry) – 10 g .;
- tomato paste (without preservatives) – 100 g;
- broth – 200 ml;
- coarsely ground black and white pepper – 0.25 tsp;
- Pepper varieties “Spark” – 1 pc .;
- fine salt – 5 g .;
- bunch of greens;
- garlic – 5 pcs.
Gravy cooking time: 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Caloric content: 3108 kcal. (178.27 kcal per 100 g).
Step by step instructions for cooking stewed pork with tomato sauce:
- Wash and dried ham cut into chunks;
- Put melted fat in a frying pan and fry meat in it for a minute;
- Add chopped onion to the pork, cover and simmer the ingredients;
- After the onions become soft and transparent, pour in the wine and continue stewing for 10-12 minutes;
- Dissolve the tomato in the meat broth, mix with flour and pour into the pan;
- Continue quenching for a quarter of an hour;
- As soon as the pork is almost ready, the gravy needs pepper, salt, add paprika and chopped garlic.
- Serve with a side dish, sprinkled with herbs.
How to stew pork with white gravy on cream
Since the fermented milk ingredient is added at the end of the process, the recipe should be started with a sauce for pork goulash..
List of ingredients:
- pork goulash – 1 kg;
- sunflower not deodorized oil – 30 ml;
- bulbs (large) – 3 pcs .;
- sifted flour – 30 gr .;
- fine salt – 15 g .;
- black pepper – 15 peas;
- meat broth – 400 ml;
- cream or 20% sour cream – 1 cup (200 ml).
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes.
Caloric content: 2155 kcal. 100 gr. 84.3 kcal.
How to stew pork with cream sauce:
- In a well-heated oil, fry the meat. As soon as it changes the shade to reduce the heat to medium;
- Grind and add onions;
- Stew for 5 minutes;
- Pour the flour, salt and pepper, pour in the broth for a little, not forgetting to constantly mix;
- Cover the lid. Stew for half an hour;
- At the end add sour cream, stir and stew for 2 more minutes.
In order to “muffle” the taste of pork a little, you can add garlic. Serve meat with gravy greens and pickled vegetables.
Pork with vegetables and gravy in a slow cooker
In fact, gravy is the same stew, only with the addition of a large amount of broth. And if you have never tried to cook such a dish in a slow cooker, then it’s time to comprehend new culinary tops..
- pork – 700 gr .;
- carrots – 1 pc .;
- bulbs – 2 pcs .;
- Bulgarian pepper – 2 pcs .;
- tomato – 100 g;
- butter for roasting,
- filtered water – 2 glasses (from the multicooker kit).
Cooking time: 1.5 hours.
Caloric content: 1998.9 kcal. 100 gr. 133.71 kcal.
Cooking stewed pork with vegetables and gravy in a slow cooker:
- Pork chop into cubes;
- Pour oil into the bowl of the apparatus. Set the frying mode, the timer for half an hour. After heating the oil, begin roasting the meat;
- Roast pork until a crust forms;
- Add the tomato and continue cooking for a few more minutes;
- During this time, rub the carrots and add to the meat;
- Then put onions and peppers in the multicooker bowl.
- Pay attention to the kitchen appliance display: the timer by this time should show 7 minutes before the end of the frying process. If you have not calculated the time, then add another 5 minutes;
- Pour water, salt, spice up the spices, cover the lid and switch to “stewing”, 1 hour timer.
The recipe for delicious mushrooms with pork and gravy
Sometimes a combination of simple ingredients creates a real masterpiece. But to cook in the mushroom season pork is a matter of honor for any hostess.
Ingredients for dishes:
- pork – 500 gr .;
- boletus – 300 gr .;
- onions – 1 pc .;
- Bulgarian red pepper – 1 pc .;
- sifted flour – 30 gr .;
- bunch of dill;
- pepper, fine salt;
- Bay leaf.
Cooking time: about 2 hours.
Calorie dishes: about 2000 kcal.
- Washed, dried and diced meat, salt, pepper and fry;
- Add finely chopped onion to the pan;
- Sprinkle the ingredients with flour and continue roasting for another couple of minutes;
- Put the ingredients in a saucepan, add liquid (it should cover the meat), bring to a boil, reduce the heat to minimum and cover;
- Boiled peeled and sliced mushrooms;
- Throw them in a colander, then fry;
- Cooked mushrooms add to pork;
- Then send the chopped peppers to the pan;
- Simmer the sauce on low heat for at least 1 hour;
- Chop the greens and add to the almost cooked dish;
- At the end of the process, put a bay leaf with marjoram, pepper and cook another 20 minutes..
Cooks note: useful tips and tricks of cooking meat
Fresh meat – half the success of the dish, the second half – the process of cooking.
- After purchase, be sure to rinse the meat, but do not soak it. Chefs suggest first pour hot water over the ingredient and then rinse with cold;
- Before cooking (especially before frying), be sure to dry the pork, as the excess moisture contributes not to frying, but to stewing;
- Before using spices, think about what you want to get at the final stage of cooking: the taste of spices or meat? If you choose the second option, then give preference to the classics and limit the use of black pepper and salt. Also to the pork, you can add cloves, lemon zest;
- If you want to follow the example of professionals and shade the taste of pork, use garlic with rosemary. But do not sprinkle the meat with them, add to the oil, on which the ingredient is fried;
- Marinate pork preferably in a traditional marinade: sugar, bay leaf, vinegar, salt and pepper. Marinatedness is determined by color – the meat becomes ashen;
- To avoid dryness, learn to combine pork with juicy ingredients. For example, with mozzarella. Under the action of high temperature, it will melt and release brine;
- Also for juiciness, you can use the cheese “Gouda” and ham;
- The following parts of pork are best suited for stewing: scapula, ham, brisket and knuckle.
Enjoy your meal!