Sochni, Sochniki – traditional cookies with curd filling made from shortcrust pastry, which was previously prepared on the eve of Christmas Eve. They are characterized by a thin rolling of dough (hence the expression “roll out on the juice”), an abundance of filling and not tipped edges, which remind many not finished dumplings.
Since the 90s of the last century, sandy juices began to be mass produced by the confectionery industry. And although now they can be purchased in almost every store, but still homemade pastries greatly outperform the store in their taste, and the simple preparation makes them very popular among housewives..
|excellent quality butter –||200 g|
|powdered sugar (or fine granulated sugar) –||100 g|
|chicken eggs –||4 things.|
|baking powder –||7 g|
|salt –||3 g|
|wheat flour –||500 g|
|cottage cheese –||400 g|
|fat (20%) sour cream –||40 g|
|Time for preparing: 65 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 383 Kcal|
In Russia, there were several variants of juicier – Yaroslavl, Arkhangelsk and Vytegorsky schni. The first were prepared with sweet curd or fruit fillings, the second – with meat or fish filling, and still others were kneaded with rye flour..
Perhaps one of these baking options can be called classic juices, but most housewives consider the recipe according to the GOST standard of the Soviet Union as classic..
How to make sour cheese with shortbread dough:
- For shortbread in a deep bowl, beat the chicken eggs in the amount of 2 pieces with powdered sugar. You should not beat up until a stable foam or peaks, it will be enough just to achieve uniformity and complete dissolution of powdered sugar. After that, in a bowl, put the butter soft enough in consistency and stir the mixture again;
- In a separate vessel mix together 440 g of flour (the rest will go to the filling) and baking powder. The resulting dry mixture is gradually introduced into the bowl to the liquid components. The result should be a fat, soft and slightly sticky dough to the hands;
- Split a ball of dough into 12 identical pieces. From each roll a bun, put them all on a flat dish, cover with a towel or cling film and send for 15-20 minutes in the refrigerator;
- While the dough is cooling, it’s time to start preparing the internal filling. Cottage cheese mixed with sugar, sour cream, flour, one egg and protein (leave the yolk for lubrication);
- After the filling is ready, it is fashionable to proceed to the formation of products. Each shortbread dough roll roll into an oval with sides of 10 and 12-15 cm. Put a generous tablespoon of cottage cheese mixture on one half and cover with the second side of the oval, without pinching the edges;
- Formed sochni lay on a small (2-3 cm) distance from each other on a sheet for baking, which you first need to cover the parchment, and on top go with a cooking brush dipped in yolk. The time that baking should spend at 200 degrees in the oven will be 20-25 minutes. After cooling the juice can be sprinkled with powdered sugar..
Step-by-step recipe is juicier with cottage cheese made from shortcrust pastry on sour cream
Despite the fact that, according to GOST, the dough is cooked on sasniki without sour cream, most housewives still prefer to add dairy products (sour cream or kefir) to the main ingredients.
Sour cream makes ready baking more delicate, and the shortbread dough itself becomes softer, more porous and moist. It is only important to choose dairy products with a high percentage of fat..
For home juicy on sour cream will need the following ingredients:
- 320 g flour;
- 100 g butter;
- 160 g sugar;
- 120 g fat sour cream;
- 2 eggs;
- 7 g baking powder;
- 3 g of salt;
- 200 g of cottage cheese;
- 30 grams of starch;
- candied fruits, raisins and vanilla in the filling to taste and desire.
The average baking time is 60 minutes..
The nutritional and energy value of juicy sour cream sand dough – 274.2 kcal / 100 g.
- In a deep bowl, combine the sugar (100 grams), diced soft butter of room temperature, one egg, and 90 g sour cream. Stir all with a whisk to make the mixture homogeneous;
- Pour the baking powder, salt and flour into the flour, then add to the bowl with the other ingredients. Well kneaded, slightly damp and greasy dough send in the fridge to cool a little;
- Cottage cheese mixed with protein, 60 g sugar, 30 g sour cream, starch. If the cottage cheese is too grainy, you can smash the filling with an immersion blender. In another case, it is enough just to wrinkle it with a fork;
- Roll out the cooled dough into a layer 5-6 mm thick. Squeeze out cups with a special cutting for dough or with the neck of a jar. To make the juice look more elegant, you can use tin molds for cupcakes with wavy edges;
- Put the curd filling on the circles of shortcrust pastry and fold it in half, giving the appearance of unwrapped dumplings. Lubricate the workpiece with beaten egg yolk and send to the oven for 20-25 minutes (temperature 200 g).
In the filling for juicy add flour or starch, so that it is not too liquid and does not flow out of the dough. But if suddenly it happened that the cottage cheese is too wet and the filling turned into slush, you can try to correct the situation with semolina. Only in this case, the curd mass should stand for a bit so that the croup swells..
Ready baking should not immediately be served hot, you need to give it time to cool down, and the juice of the filling soak into the dough and make it softer. Many people believe that the most delicious sesni from shortcrust pastry the day after baking.
Special attention should be paid to the storage of this biscuit, since even after heat treatment, cottage cheese and eggs cannot be stored at room temperature for more than two or three days..