When the summer vegetables are still far away or, on the contrary, they have already passed, then it’s time to remember hundreds of dishes from always-available potatoes and cabbage. These products are very simple and can be easily combined with other vegetables and meat. Cooking stews from them will not take away neither the strength nor the time, and the result is a rather nourishing dish..
|hunting sausages –||4 things.|
|potatoes –||4 things.|
|bow –||1 PC.|
|cabbage –||1 head|
|melted butter –||150 g|
|Time for preparing: 75 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 64 Kcal|
Steps of cooking stews with cabbage and potatoes:
- Washed cabbage free from the first two leaves, then chop it into wide short strips. No need to take a big cabbage, the average head is enough. Do not use stalk;
- Peel the husks from the onion and cut the root vegetable into quarter-rings;
- Peel potatoes too, cut them into 2 cm cubes;
- Heat a little oil in a deep stewpot, preferably with a thick bottom;
- First fry the onions, add the potatoes in five minutes, mix, fry for another five minutes;
- Pour the cabbage, season the dish, cover with a lid. The fire should be small. Twenty minutes it is necessary to stew the dish so that the cabbage becomes soft;
- Cut the sausages into slices, or you can simply cut them into several pieces. Add six minutes before cooking the cabbage. After that, mix again and serve.
Vegetable stew with sauerkraut and potatoes
- 2 carrots;
- 220 ml of water;
- 240 grams of rice;
- 270 g sauerkraut;
- 20 ml of tomato paste;
- 500 g potatoes.
Cooking time – 1 h 15 min.
Calories – 94.
- Rinse sauerkraut under running water in order to remove excess acid. After that, it must be wrung out with hands so that the remaining water is gone;
- Peel the carrots and cut them into small strips. Alternatively, you can use a grater for Korean carrots;
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes of medium size;
- Heat a small amount of butter in a cauldron and put carrots in it. It should be fried for about five minutes;
- Next, add the potatoes and mix. Fry until cubes turn golden;
- In a separate saucepan, boil the rice until half cooked, lightly salt it;
- Add the grass to the potatoes and carrots, put the sauerkraut here;
- In the specified amount of water dilute tomato paste, you can add spices or chopped greens. Pour the mixture to the rest of the products in the cauldron;
- Stir all ingredients for half an hour. Alternatively, instead of rice, you can use beans. She, too, must first be cooked and put in a cauldron fifteen minutes before the dish is fully prepared.
Ragout with cabbage, potatoes and meat
- 15 g sugar;
- 380 g pork fillet;
- 2 onions;
- 0.5 pc cabbage;
- 6 pieces of allspice;
- 6 potatoes;
- 170 g fat;
- 2 carrots;
- 270 ml of water;
- 3 leaves of laurel.
Cooking time – 1 hour.
Calories – 104.
- Cut the bacon into sticks and shift it to the iron pot. It plays the role of vegetable oil, but only the dish is cooked faster;
- On medium heat, it is necessary to heat the pieces to cracklings;
- During this time, cut the washed fillet into pieces and add it to the cracklings, cover with a lid;
- Wash finely chopped cabbage with a sharp knife;
- Peel the husks from the onions and cut them into thin feathers, but can also be diced;
- Peeled carrots cut into small pieces;
- When the meat turned out light crust, to it you need to add cabbage and mix;
- Top carrots with onions and cover again, let it stew;
- Next, you need to peel the potatoes and cut it into cubes;
- To prevent all the ingredients in the pot, and as soon as the cabbage starts to stick to the walls of the dishes, you need to add potatoes;
- Add spices, including sheets of laurel with sugar, salt, stir;
- Pour a glass of water and close the lid again;
- Simmer until the potatoes are fully cooked. Most often it takes fifteen minutes. Serve with mayonnaise.
Vegetable stew in a slow cooker
- 30 ml of tomato paste;
- 1 large zucchini;
- 60 ml of soy sauce;
- 1 head of cabbage;
- 2 kg of potatoes;
- 225 ml of water;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 30 ml of oil;
- 1 carrot;
- 40 ml of mayonnaise.
Cooking time – 50 min.
Calories – 56.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. It is desirable that it was a young potato;
- Peel the zucchini from the stem and peel and cut it into the same cubes;
- Peeled carrots should be cut in half, and then chopped into thin half-cloves;
- Remove the first two leaves from the cabbage, cut the spine, cut everything else into small squares;
- Garlic free from the husk and cut into thin circles;
- Pour oil into the bowl of the device and select the “Frying” mode;
- Add carrots and fry them until lightly browned;
- After that, add zucchini and fry it to the same condition, periodically mixing both ingredients;
- Add the garlic and keep everything on fire for another five minutes;
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, tomato paste and mayonnaise;
- After the sauces are completely mixed, add water and mix everything again;
- Add potatoes and cabbage to the bowl, mix everything and top with dressing;
- Select the mode of “quenching” and cook for another half hour, after which you can lay out on plates.
Ragout with cabbage, mushrooms and zucchini
- 1 bunch of parsley;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 300 grams of cabbage;
- 15 ml of tomato paste;
- 90 ml of oil;
- 2 onions;
- 4 potatoes;
- 170 g of champignons;
- 3 carrots;
- 130 ml of mineral water.
Cooking time – 1 h 25 min.
Calories – 79.
Algorithm of actions:
- Peeled carrots cut into long cubes, put it in a saucepan and sauté in oil;
- In a frying pan, sauté finely chopped onion in the pan, after which pull it out;
- Peel the potatoes, chop them into pieces and send them to a frying pan, where there was onion, lightly fry;
- Pull roasted carrots, and in its place send chopped cabbage and also sauté, so that it becomes softer;
- All four ingredients to shift to the saucepan and mix;
- Remove all seeds from the Bulgarian pepper, cut it into thin feathers and sprinkle it on top of other products;
- Pour water into a frying pan and boil it, then add the tomato paste, salt and stir, add a pinch of sugar, boil for two minutes and pour into a saucepan;
- Mix everything and simmer on low heat for fifteen minutes;
- Clean the mushrooms from litter and cut into four parts. Slightly add them to the oil in a frying pan, it will take about ten minutes;
- Finely chop the greens and, together with the mushrooms, add to the stew-pan, mix;
- Protom under the lid for about five minutes, then give another fifteen minutes to infuse.
In the stew plays an important role gravy, it gives the dish juiciness. In addition to tomato, you can use and sour cream dressing. Some housewives use mayonnaise and then add less spices. Although in the old recipes no dressing was used at all.
So that the dish turned out more gentle, instead of white cabbage, you can use Beijing. It is worth noting that it is preparing faster. And for a more pronounced mushroom flavor, you can add a little ground dried mushrooms. They can be added even to those recipes where mushrooms are not used..
Aromatic, nourishing and simple stew with cabbage and potatoes can be cooked even in fasting. In addition, it does not overload the stomach and is suitable for dinner. Experiments with spices can open even more taste in any recipe..