Lamb pilaf is a national Uzbek dish. It is prepared both daily and for any celebration. Each family has its own secrets and cooking tricks: pilau can be made more or less greasy, change the quantitative and qualitative composition of spices, add dried fruits – each of the variations will reveal completely different flavors.
|Steamed long grain rice –||1.5 kilograms|
|Large carrots –||5 items|
|Large onions –||4 pieces|
|Young lamb –||1.5 kilograms|
|Pepper red and black ground –||on 1 bag|
|Caraway –||1 bag|
|Turmeric –||1 bag|
|Garlic –||1 head|
|Cottonseed oil –||50 grams|
|Fat fat tail –||150 grams|
|Purified water –||450 milliliters|
|Time for preparing: 120 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 250 Kcal|
Instead of traditional Turkic dishes, you will have to be content with a deep stewpan with thick walls. Fold the sliced strips of fat evenly along its bottom and put on the cooking surface to fry.
We clean vegetables. We chop onion and carrot in thick half rings. We chop with a sharp knife the pulp of lamb into large pieces. Put in the cauldron. As soon as it is slightly fried, then throw vegetables, spices and garlic with whole teeth..
After stewing this part of the dish for 20 minutes, lay out well washed rice. Pour the water, stir and cook another 50 minutes on moderate heat, cover tightly with a lid..
Uzbek plov with pork
If for some reason lamb is not suitable for taste or meat is too fat for you, pork will be an excellent alternative..
- Pork tenderloin – 550 grams;
- Long grain rice – 450 grams;
- The average carrot – 3 pieces;
- Onions large – 2 pieces;
- Garlic – 1 head;
- Barberry – 1 tsp;
- Vegetable oil – 150 grams;
- Spices, salt – to taste;
- Purified water – 2 glasses.
Wash and dry the meat, cut into large cubes.
We clean the prepared vegetables, chop the onion rings,
and carrots – straws.
Pour the butter into the pan, put it on the stove, send the chopped pork into it and lightly fry.
We spread vegetables to meat, add spices, water and simmer for an hour.
Then pour well washed rice.,
stir, paste whole unpeeled garlic in the middle, cover with lid and continue cooking for another hour.
Uzbek pilaf with beef in a multicooker
Having such an irreplaceable unit in the kitchen as a slow cooker, you can easily make Uzbek pilaf with beef.
- Young veal – 400 grams;
- Onions average – 2 pieces;
- Small carrots – 1 piece;
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons;
- Garlic – 4 cloves;
- Turmeric – 1 sachet;
- Purified water – 3 multi-glasses;
- Spices, salt – to taste;
- Steamed rice – 250 grams.
Cut the veal into small pieces. Turn on the appliance in the frying mode, pour the oil and lay in the bowl to fry the meat.
We clean and chop vegetables on thick slices, transfer them to a heated pan with olive oil and fry.
Season the meat with spices, lay out well-washed long grain rice, zazharku, pour water.
We mix everything, in a chaotic order we stick in garlic, close the lid and set the extinguishing mode for an hour and a half.
Uzbek chicken pilaf
- Homemade chicken – 2.5 kilograms;
- Steamed rice – 600 grams;
- Onions average – 3 pieces;
- Small carrots – 2 pieces;
- Barberry – 2 tablespoons;
- Olive oil – 4 tablespoons;
- A mixture of red and black pepper milled – 1 tsp;
- Turmeric – 1 tsp;
- Salt – to taste;
- Water – 450 milliliters.
We take a deep iron pot, pour vegetable oil, put on the cooking surface. We divide the poultry carcass into pieces and put in a container of roasting.
We clean the onions and carrots, chop in thick slices and shift them to the cauldron for the meat. Mix everything and add spices, leave to cook 40 minutes.
Then pour the thoroughly washed rice, pour water, cover with a lid and continue cooking for half an hour.
- Before cooking, rinse the rice well several times until all the dregs are gone. This way you will remove the extra starch that turns the dish into a sticky mass. To be faithful, you can pre-soak it for an hour and a half;
- Before cooking, make sure that among the spices you have turmeric. It gives a characteristic golden color, without which the dish will look like ordinary porridge with meat;
- Vegetable slicing also plays an important role in this dish, do not rush and chop the onions and carrots by hand, carrots – in thin strips, onions – in rings or half rings;
- Uzbek pilaf is cooked not only with meat, there are many exotic recipes: with seafood, mushrooms, vegetables, even with berries and dried fruits;
- Do not cut the meat into too small pieces so that all fat and moisture will not come out of it, otherwise it will be dry and hard;
- The key to successful Uzbek plov will be exclusively young, dairy meat;
- Garlic does not need to be cleaned: this way you protect the dish from transferring bitterness. At the same time, the husk does not become an obstacle to the transfer of flavor..
Enjoy your meal!