Italians living near the sea do not know anything about such a soup as an ear. However, their traditional tomato cream soup with seafood is a real masterpiece of culinary art..
|fresh or thawed seafood –||1 kg|
|peeled shrimp –||1 kg|
|dry white wine –||400-500 ml|
|cod fillets or any other marine fish –||700 g|
|fish broth –||1 l|
|boiled water –||0.5-1 l|
|peeled tomatoes in their own juice –||700 g|
|onion –||2-3 pieces|
|garlic –||2-3 teeth|
|butter –||150 g|
|Bay leaf –||2 pcs|
|dried basil –||1 tbsp|
|thyme and oregano (dried) –||0.5 st. L|
|salt and black pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 130 Kcal|
Stages of cooking classic tomato soup with seafood:
- To begin with, the prepared sea cocktail should be defrosted, rinsed under running water and cleaned;
- Vegetables also need to wash, peel and peel. Cut in small pieces;
- Put on a slow fire a deep soup pot, heat the butter in it, add chopped onion and garlic, fry until transparent and soft onion;
- Add tomatoes to the roast, after having gently stretched them with a spoon;
- Infuse fish broth, wine and water. Then pour the dried spices and bay leaf. All this stir and cover. Simmer for half an hour;
- Then add to the shrimp broth, diced cod and sea cocktail. Bring everything to a boil, slow down the heat and cook for another 7 minutes..
Serve hot, spilling into deep plates. Warm crisp white bread is ideal for tomato soup Chiopino.
Tomato soup with seafood and cheese
To please the household and guests with a hearty and delicious dish you just need to prepare Chiopino with cheese for them..
For this tomato soup you will need:
- water (boiling water) – 1 l;
- dry white wine – 100 ml;
- extra virgin olive oil – 30 ml;
- durum cream cheese, for example, Gouda – 50-100 g;
- pureed tomatoes in their own juice – 1 kg;
- onions – 170-200 g;
- carrots – 80 g;
- garlic – 10 g;
- peeled shrimp – 400 g;
- lemon – 100 g;
- brown sugar – 10 g;
- oregano – 10-15 g;
- basil (fresh) – 10-15 g;
- ground salt and black pepper to taste.
Cooking time – 45-60 minutes.
Caloric content of 100 g – 160-180 kcal.
Soup preparation method:
- To begin with, all vegetables need to be washed and cleaned, and thawed seafood and also cleaned;
- After that, all the vegetables are cut and chopped. Carrots are rubbed on a fine grater, onions are cut into thin half-rings, garlic is cut into plates;
- A deep thick-walled cast-iron pot is put on the fire and heated in it olive oil. When it warms up, an onion is added to it. And when it becomes transparent – carrots and garlic. Fry cover and stew for 5-10 minutes over low heat, until the carrots are soft, stirring occasionally;
- Then wine, freshly squeezed lemon juice (half volume) and oregano are added to the vegetable base. Stew over low heat for another 7 minutes;
- Next to this pot send tomatoes. They are heated, and then all this mass with the help of a blender is ground into mashed potatoes;
- Boiled water and spices are added to the finished vegetable puree. Then cover with lid and boil for 20 minutes over low heat;
- At this time, peeled prawns sprinkle the remaining half of freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil, salt, pepper and bake in the oven on the grill mode or simply grill for 3-5 minutes on each side;
- Cheese rubbed on a coarse grater. Prepared tomato puree soup is poured into plates, prawns are laid out on top and sprinkled with grated cheese.
The dish is decorated with basil sprigs, served hot.
Tomato soup with seafood cocktail in a slow cooker
When cooking tomato soup in a slow cooker, you can use both fresh seafood and thawed. Best of all, if for this national Italian dish will be used a cocktail of seafood: scallops, mussels, octopus and shrimp. But instead of Chiopino cocktail, you can only use shrimps..
- fish broth or boiled water – 500-700 ml;
- seafood cocktail – 500-600 gr;
- fresh scallops – 300-500 gr;
- mussels in oil – 2 tbsp. l;
- pickled tomatoes in their own juice – 500-700 ml;
- tomato juice (or diluted tomato paste) – 400-600 ml;
- canned capers – 1 tbsp. l;
- onion medium size – 2 pieces;
- cleaned garlic – 2-3 cloves;
- Bulgarian red pepper – 1 pc;
- olive oil – 20-30 ml;
- spices and dry Italian herbs – 1 tbsp. l;
- salt – to taste.
Cooking time – 50-60 minutes.
Caloric content of 100 g – 140-150 kcal.
In the recipe, the calculation of the ingredients is given on a large bowl, so when cooking tomato soup in a small slow cooker, you need to make a recalculation of the volume. To do this, it is best to focus on the thickness of the dish..
How to cook Italian seafood soup in a slow cooker:
- To begin with, all the ingredients must be washed and peeled. Seafood is defrosted in advance – then they will retain their freshness and taste;
- Garlic is cut into small pieces, onions – thin half rings. Then they are fried in heated olive oil in the “Frying” or “Baking” mode;
- As soon as onions and garlic become transparent, finely chopped sweet pepper is added to them. Vegetables are lightly fried for a couple of minutes, and then the slow cooker is transferred to a more benign mode, for example, “Cooking” or “Stewing” and stew on it the vegetable base for another 1-2 minutes;
- Then add pickled tomatoes and fish broth or water to the vegetables, as well as tomato juice. The volume of the resulting mass should be such that the multicooker pan is filled, but there is still room for seafood. The soup is necessarily mixed with a wooden or silicone spatula;
- After the broth begins to boil, it is necessary to send the peeled and sliced (if necessary) sea cocktail into it. If it has squid, then it is best to cut them into rings. There you also need to send mussels, capers and a dry mixture of herbs;
- Then all this is stirred and cooked for another 5-7 minutes..
This Italian tomato soup should be served hot with thick cream, crackers and fresh herbs. If desired, the dish can be decorated with cheese.
Tomato soup with white fish and shrimps
- large ripe tomatoes – 6-7 pieces;
- peeled shrimp – 400 g;
- fillet of any white fish – 300 g;
- vegetable broth – 3 cups;
- butter – 2 tbsp. l;
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. l;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- fatty cream 30% – 1 cup;
- Cognac – 2 tbsp. l;
- dried oregano – 1 tsp;
- salt and pepper mix – to taste.
Cooking time – 50-60 minutes.
Caloric content of 100 g – 110-120 kcal.
- Before cooking, vegetables and seafood should be washed, peeled and chopped. Vegetables should be cut as small as possible. Tomatoes should be peeled, and shrimps from the shell;
- White fish fillets should be washed and pre-boiled in lightly layered water for 15-20 minutes. Then it must be removed, cooled and cut into large pieces;
- Peeled tomatoes need to be cut into small cubes, and then put them out for a few minutes in olive oil in a saucepan. After – they should pour broth and stew for another 15 minutes;
- The basis for the soup should be poured into a blender and grind to the consistency of mashed potatoes;
- In a clean pan, put the butter and fry the shrimp in it for 3 minutes over medium heat. Then you should pour brandy there and evaporate it;
- After that, the shrimp need to pour vegetable puree from a blender, add cream, salt and pepper. Cook the tomato soup with seafood on medium heat for another 5-10 minutes.
The finished dish should be poured into deep plates, add pieces of white fish fillet, garnish with fresh herbs.
Italians have been cooking tomato soups with seafood for centuries. In their arsenal there is a wide choice of not only recipes of such hot dishes, but also various secrets. Here are some of them:
- As a tomato base is best to use fresh tomatoes, but not pickled. Preparing them is not difficult. To do this, you need to wash and rinse with boiling water, and then – remove the skin. After that, the vegetables need to either grind through a sieve, or pass through a blender. Before use in cooking soup ready tomatoes can be salted;
- Fish broth is always better to cook in advance. But at the same time it is not at all necessary to use separately taken good fish. This broth can be cooked on the heads, tails and shells of those seafood that will be further used in the soup itself;
- The speed of cooking tomato soups with sea cocktail is influenced by the presence of ready-made tomatoes and broth. Therefore, it is better to make this basis while seafood is being defrosted, and to cook the soup itself later..
And the most important secret is that if you experiment with the ratio of ingredients in a seafood cocktail, you can cook a new delicious tomato soup every time..