Ketchup is one of the most famous sauces, which can harmoniously complement almost any hot dish, whether it be pasta, meat in various forms or potatoes.
However, ketchups, sold in the windows of supermarkets, contain a high concentration of chemical additives, for example, preservatives, dyes and flavor enhancers.
In order not to keep concern for the health of loved ones, experienced and novice housewives can try to cook ketchup from tomatoes for the winter at home using only natural ingredients..
Especially good, if the leading ingredient of the recipe, tomatoes, annually enters the country harvest. Preparing ketchup from them, you can significantly save the family budget, because the sauce can be enough for the whole winter season..
The classic recipe “Lick fingers” for the winter
If you are going to make a ketchup of tomatoes for the winter “You will lick your fingers” on your own, you can explore many different original ways. For example, the recipe for a piquant, spicy, thick tomato sauce, etc..
To make a classic homemade ketchup of tomatoes, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- Tomatoes – 3 kg;
- Onion – 3 pcs;
- Salt – 3 tsp;
- Granulated sugar – 1,5 glasses;
- Table vinegar – 35 g.
Preparing ketchup from tomatoes “Yum Fingers” is important to start with the preparation of ingredients. Vegetables should be thoroughly rinsed from dirt, especially if they were taken from the beds..
Peel the onions and cut them into small pieces. With each tomato to remove the stem and cut into slices identical to onion.
Then you need to pour the chopped onions and tomatoes into the pan, pour water so that it covers the vegetables, and put the container on a small fire.
You need to boil them for 60 minutes..
As a result, onions and tomatoes should soften properly, forming a not very homogeneous mush.
To make the ketchup homogeneous by weight, it should be cooled and poured into a blender. It is necessary to grind the mixture by switching on the slow mode first, and then gradually increasing it. This will make equipment easier..
Add sugar and salt to the resulting puree and mix it thoroughly with a wooden spatula..
After beating the blender, the mass must be put back on fire in order for it to gain the necessary density for the ketchup. As soon as this happens, you should pour vinegar into it and leave the sauce to cook for another 5-7 minutes.
It remains only to cool the ketchup and pour it into prepared containers..
It is important that they are pre-sterilized..
Spicy Homemade Ketchup for the Winter “Lick Your Fingers”
While classic ketchup is versatile and will be to everyone’s liking, hot sauce is a more unusual addition to any snack. It is especially well combined with kebabs and other types of meat dishes..
In addition, preparing such a sauce at home, the hostess can vary the sharpness of the added ingredients, which means that she will skillfully please each guest..
For the preparation of acute ketchup for the winter will require the following components:
- Tomatoes – ½ kg;
- Onion – ½ kg;
- Red Bulgarian pepper – 1 kg;
- Red chilli (hot) pepper – 200 g;
- Olive oil – 115 ml;
- Table vinegar (9%) – 25 ml;
- Garlic – 1 pc (head);
- Black pepper (peas) – 8 pcs;
- Salt – 1 tsp;
- Granulated sugar – 1 glass.
Start cooking spicy ketchup of tomatoes for the winter “Yum fingers” is necessary with thorough washing of vegetables, as well as cleansing them of excess greens and fruit stalks. Onions and garlic must be removed husk.
Then you will need a blender or meat grinder, with which you need to grind Bulgarian and spicy peppers, not clearing them from the seeds, as well as onions. To reduce the load on the equipment, you can pre-cut vegetables in half or quarters.
In a small saucepan, pour chopped vegetables, pour water so that it covers them, and then put on a small fire. Cook for half an hour.
Black pepper peas should be put in the middle of a piece of gauze, then, connecting the ends of the fabric, wrap them. Put in a saucepan with vegetables on the bottom. You can chop the garlic using a special tool, a grater or a small sharp knife. Then you can add it to the rest of the mass..
Add sugar, salt and table vinegar to gruel, mix using a wooden spatula. Continue to cook until the porridge will not gain the necessary degree of density, and then remove from heat.
Ready spicy sauce “Fingers you will” remains to be poured into sterilized containers and hidden on the kitchen shelf for the winter cold.
Beginner housewives who have decided for the first time to try out the recipes for making homemade ketchup for the winter can use the following recommendations:
- You can make a delicious ketchup of tomatoes using only fresh and red fruit when cooking. When buying them in a store, it is important to avoid tomatoes with stains and inhaled areas;
- Non-lazy housewives can remove the skin from tomatoes before cooking, this will increase the taste of the ketchup;
- Garlic taste and aroma can frighten off many, therefore it is worth asking the family how they relate to garlic in ketchup. If necessary, you can do without it;
- To get a rich shade of the sauce will help the right choice of tomatoes, you need to choose only the fruits of only bright red color;
- If desired, the sauce can be supplemented with some spices, for example, cinnamon, cloves, mustard powder or nutmeg;
- To prevent tomato ketchup from spoiling for a long time, you need to spill it exclusively in sterilized forms..
Homemade ketchup of tomatoes “Fingers you lick” for the winter can be the best recipe in the kitchen of every hostess:
- It is very budget for those who grow tomatoes in their own gardens;
- The cooking process takes a little time;
- Ready-made sauce can delight with its taste throughout all winter days;
- It is a home cooking option is very useful, because it does not contain a high concentration of chemicals and calories.