Moussaka is a delicious national Greek dish. It is made from meat and vegetables, with the addition of bechamel sauce. Outwardly, it resembles a casserole, which is familiar to many people..
The main feature in the preparation of this dish is that vegetables, meat and other ingredients are laid simultaneously and then cooked for an hour.
For the preparation of this dish, mutton is most often used, but if it is not, you can take veal.
|eggplant –||1 kg|
|cheese –||0.25 kilogram|
|ground beef –||1 kg|
|potato –||0.7 kg|
|black pepper –||taste|
|celery –||2 pieces|
|bulbs –||2 pcs.|
|dry basil –||taste|
|white dry wine –||0.5 cup|
|dry oregano –||0.5 tsp|
|canned tomatoes –||350 grams|
|water –||1 tablespoon|
|olive oil –||2 tablespoons|
|flour –||80 grams|
|of milk –||1 liter|
|bay leaves –||2 pcs.|
|nutmeg –||0.25 tsp|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 130 Kcal|
Greek-style Moussaka with eggplants is a favorite dish in many countries. It is very simple to prepare it and any hostess will be able to cope with this task. From above, it turns out to be airy and light, thanks to the bechamel sauce, but also very tasty, nourishing and juicy..
It is very easy and quick to cook the moussaka, and the dish turns out to be extremely tasty, so all family members will love it..
- Potatoes are peeled and, together with eggplants, cut into 1 cm thick round plates;
- Smear the pieces of vegetables, put them on a baking sheet covered with parchment and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes;
- Cut the celery and onion into small pieces and fry in olive oil until golden brown, add the mince and continue to simmer;
- Combine water, wine, tomatoes, mix well and put them into the stuffing, then salt and pepper everything, add basil and oregano to taste, bring the mass to a boil, remove from the fire;
- Grease the baking dish with butter, layering potatoes, eggplants, minced meat and another layer of eggplants;
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, heat it;
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add flour to it and stir fry it constantly until golden brown, pour in the hot milk and stir constantly until the mass becomes thick, salt everything, pepper and remove from the heat;
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and sprinkle with grated cheese on top;
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 180 degrees.
If, during cooking, the sauce begins to darken too quickly, it is best to cover the form with foil. So the dish will turn out gentle and tasty, but will not burn.
How to cook a Greek dish with rice in a slow cooker
Multicooker – an indispensable kitchen assistant, in which today you can cook anything. Particularly tasty is the moussaka with rice..
- 2 eggplants;
- 0.7 kg veal;
- 2 onions;
- rice – 0.5 cup;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 100 grams of dry red wine;
- 100 grams of cheese;
- 200 milliliters of vegetable oil;
- 4 tomatoes;
- 1 egg;
- 65 grams of flour;
- 3 cups of milk;
- 125 grams of butter.
Cooking time: 50 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams: 120 kcal.
For cooking in Greek, be sure to choose only fresh and beautiful vegetables. If desired, and if opportunities permit, veal can be replaced by lamb.
- Wash eggplants, cut into rings, sprinkle with salt and leave for an hour, so that bitterness will be removed from them, then wash again and fry in a frying pan;
- Onions cut into cubes, chop the garlic thoroughly and fry in butter in a slow cooker in the “Frying” mode;
- Twist the meat through a meat grinder and put it in a slow cooker, pepper and fry until the moment when the liquid starts to evaporate a bit, then add wine;
- Butter is melted in a saucepan, flour is added to it, fried until soft brownish, then milk and salt are added and cooked over low heat until the sauce becomes thick;
- The rice is washed, filled with 300 ml of water and cooked until all the liquid is absorbed, then cooled a little and mixed with the egg;
- The form of the multicooker is oiled, a layer of rice is laid out, eggplant, minced meat and tomatoes, cut into circles;
- Pour all the sauce and put the cook in a slow cooker for 30 minutes in the mode “Baking”;
- When time is up, sprinkle with grated cheese and turn on Baking mode for another 10 minutes..
The finished dish is best served a little chilled, so that it more carefully cut into portions.
Recipe for eggplants with moussacks for vegetarians
Today, many people have refused to eat meat and try to cook healthy, but at the same time delicious dishes. Vegetarian moussaka is very delicate, juicy and perfect for those who watch their figure..
- potatoes – 4 pieces;
- 200 grams of carrots;
- 1 onion;
- 100 grams of champignons;
- eggplants – 300 grams;
- tomatoes – 3 pieces;
- Bulgarian pepper – 200 grams;
- olive oil – 50 grams;
- ground pepper;
- 0.5 teaspoon sugar;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- 250 milliliters of milk;
- 100 grams of cheese;
- 2 tablespoons of flour;
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste.
Cooking time: 40 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams: 65 kcal.
During the preparation of dietary musaka, you can use various herbs: parsley, oregano, basil or thyme.
- Peel potatoes, chop together with eggplant and tomato slices;
- Grate carrots, cut onions into cubes, champignons – plates;
- Sprinkle eggplants with salt and fry in olive oil;
- Fry the onions, carrots and mushrooms in a skillet, add tomato paste, 50 milliliters of water and simmer for 5 minutes;
- In a greased form put the potatoes, a little fried in butter, then a layer of eggplants, tomatoes, on top of a mixture of mushrooms, carrots and onions;
- Pour 30 grams of olive oil into a saucepan, add flour to it and slowly knead until smooth, pour in milk, add spices and brew sauce, and put grated cheese at the very end to dissolve;
- Pour the sauce over the moussaka and place it for 50 minutes in an oven heated to 170 degrees.
The ingredients for this dish are inexpensive, so everyone can afford to prepare such a treat for their relatives and friends..
While cooking this dish, you need to ensure that it is well baked, but it remains juicy and tender. If moussaka is cooked in a microwave, eggplants are best not to cut into circles. In this case, the vegetables are cut into two parts, slightly baked in the oven and cut into plates..
Serve the dish best hot, but if you want, you can put it on the table as a cold snack, watering it with a thick, tomato sauce.