The most delicious aspic is obtained from pike perch. Prepare it completely easy. The main thing is that the pieces of fish do not fall apart, preserve the appearance and structure.
|pike perch (weighing about 1 kg) –||1 PC.|
|laurel –||2 leaves|
|bow –||1 PC.|
|parsley –||½ piece of root|
|granulated gelatin –||10 g|
|quail eggs –||5 pieces.|
|sweet pepper –||half|
|pickled cucumber –||1 PC.|
|pepper peas –||5 pieces.|
|Time for preparing: 150 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 105 Kcal|
After reading the recipe, you will learn a little trick to make it easy to prepare pike perch.
Consider the step by step recipe of cooking.
Scale the zander from the tail section. Spread the abdomen and remove the insides. Cut the gills and fins.
Separate the fish head from the carcass, remove the spinal portion with ribs. If you can not immediately cut the edges, you can remove them separately. This is convenient to do with tweezers. The output will be two fillets, a head and a lot of bones..
Fill the pot with cold water (1.5 liters), put the head, fins, and bones into it. There also lower the onion and parsley root. Put on the stove. Add boiled leaves and pepper to boiling water.
Cover the pan does not close, cook for 1 hour. The resulting foam must be removed. During the cooking process, the amount of water will be reduced to about 1 liter..
Gelatin granules put in a glass and pour chilled water. You can add an ice cube. While the aspic is being prepared, the granules will increase almost 3 times..
Strain the ready broth through cheesecloth into a regular saucepan (do not use aluminum dishes). Add swollen gelatin granules to the strained liquid. Mix well. Jelly is ready.
Add to the jelly 8 grams of salt. Leave on the table to cool to room temperature. To speed up the process it is necessary to decompose the ice on a flat surface and put a pan on it. If the broth is cold, you can warm it up in a water bath..
Little tricks: put the perch fillet on cook paper, skin down. A little salt, pepper. Cover the top with paper. Put in a hot oven, cook at 100 degrees for 60 minutes. Of course, the fish can be boiled in the usual way, but then its taste decreases..
At the bottom of the form for the fill pour the first layer of jelly, put in the refrigerator. Remove the fillet from the oven, cool. So that the fish do not crumble when sliced, put it in the fridge (you can do it all night). Then divide the fish into portions.
Pike perch (pieces) spread on a plate with a frozen broth. Top with three ladle jelly. So fix the fish in this position. Place the dish in the fridge;
Vegetables (pickles, sweet peppers), cut quail eggs for decoration. Dip each piece into the jelly mass and spread on a plate with pike perch.
Pour the fish in the next, but already a thin layer of jelly. Put it in the fridge for freezing. Serve with horseradish, pickled cucumbers, red cabbage, vegetable salad.
Aspic from fish without gelatin
To prepare the broth for the fish in the intake and not to use gelatin, you will need small and bony fish (ruff, perch).
- 1 pike perch;
- 800 g of small fish (ruff, perch);
- 3 liters of water;
- 30 grams of vodka;
- 3 bay leaves;
- salt – to taste;
- big onion head.
- 2 boiled eggs;
- half a jar of green peas.
Cooking will take 2, 5 hours. One serving of filler contains 90 kcal.
- Cook fish broth. It is prepared the same way as for an ordinary soup;
- In addition to small fish, it is necessary to add fins, head, bones and pike perch tail, an onion and a bay leaf. Do not forget to cut the gills from the head of the perch; if they are not removed, the broth will taste bitter;
- Rinse small fish, wipe with salt or paper towel;
- Take a suitable saucepan, fold the washed out and gutted small fish, the tail, the head, pour 3 liters of water to the bottom, season with salt and put on the fire (medium);
- When the broth boils, remove the foam from the surface, make the minimum heat, cover the pan with a lid, cook for 1.5 hours. The result is a very strong and rich broth;
- Remove the ready broth from the heat, cool slightly, remove boiled fish and bones from it, and then strain. Put a colander on the pan, cover it with two layers of gauze and a thin stream pour the fish brew into it;
- Further, everything is simple. Put the peeled broth on the stove when it boils, put the peeled onions, bay leaf, perch fillet into it. After another boiling pour vodka;
- After 15 minutes, you can take out the fish, do not cook the perch for a long time. Get fish pieces with a skimmer and fold to cool in a plate;
- After another 10 minutes, remove the broth from the heat, remove the leaves and onions. Try on the salt, if you need to season to your liking. Slightly cool the broth;
- Before folding fish, pour a little cooled jelly on the bottom of each mold. Cut fish into portions, arrange them into forms, add a spoonful of canned peas and half a boiled egg. Pour the last layer of jelly and put the dish in the fridge;
- Sauces and table horseradish are traditionally served to aspic.
If you are going to put the filler from the perch on the holiday table, get ready for cooking two days before the gala dinner. The main thing in the preparation of the filler from pike perch is not to cook the fish pieces. It is necessary that they preserve the appearance and structure.
You will need a fish and a bag of granulated gelatin. The jelly around the fish will turn out to be gentle, not interrupting the fishy taste, if the rate of gelatin is slightly reduced. It is important to know if gelatin is filled with warm water, it will stick together and it will not be possible to dilute it..
It is not necessary to add lemons to the jellied fish; they give the dish bitterness. You can put a few circles on the finished jelly on top.