Sour cream is a product that can be part of different types of dough: shortbread, sponge cake, yeast and sweet. This ingredient can simultaneously replace both butter and milk. On sour cream, you can bake a cake, pizza, various buns, cookies and wind or fried cakes.
It will be about different versions of pastry on sour cream for pies that will be discussed in this article: how to knead it for brass or fried pies, with or without yeast.
|sour cream –||300 g|
|kefir –||200 ml|
|eggs –||2 pcs.|
|baking powder –||30 g|
|Sahara –||15 g|
|vegetable oil –||25 ml|
|salt –||3 g|
|flour –||450-500 g|
|Time for preparing: 15 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 250 Kcal|
The yeast-free dough on sour cream has a lot of advantages.
- First, baking it makes it soft and tender..
- Secondly, the mixing process is very simple and it requires ordinary products that can be found, if not in every kitchen, then in the nearest shop..
- Thirdly, from such a basis you can cook pastries with any sweet or not sweet filling.
- And most importantly, the dough does not need time to separate and approach, immediately after mixing, you can start sculpt pies to bake in the oven.
The course of action:
- Salt, sugar and eggs in a deep bowl, whisk gently with a whisk to make the mass homogeneous and more airy;
- After add sour cream and kefir. If sour cream is not fat, then you can not add kefir, but simply increase the volume of sour cream by the same amount;
- Mix flour and sift together with baking powder. This will give pies pomp. In small portions, mix the flour to the liquid ingredients;
- At the end of kneading add vegetable oil to the dough. Thus, the result is a soft, non-sticky mass that is ready to become tasty cakes..
Yeast dough on sour cream
This is an airy variant thanks to the yeast and the tender, thanks to sour cream, base for the pies, but to bake something on this dough, you need to have enough time so that it can go.
Ingredients for yeast dough on sour cream:
- 420 ml sour cream;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 75 grams of sugar;
- 85 ml of water;
- 15 g dry, high-speed yeast;
- 820 g of flour.
The time from the beginning of mixing all the ingredients to the moment when it will be possible to start forming the pies will be 1 hour and 20 minutes..
The caloric content of this component in the finished product is equal to 264.6 kcal / 100 g.
- Heat the water to a comfortable temperature so that a drop of it does not cause a burning sensation on the back of the palm, and dissolve the yeast in it;
- While the yeast is activated, beat eggs with sugar in a separate bowl, then add sour cream to them;
- Next, the activated yeast and flour are sent to the dough;
- Elastic and very soft dough, which should turn out as a result of kneading, should be placed for 1 hour in a warmer place, it should fit and become larger in volume..
How to make dough for fried pies
Fried patties can be made from yeast and yeast-free dough on sour cream. In the first case, you can use the previous option, but if baking is planned without yeast, it is better to use the following recipe.
Products that are needed in the cooking process:
- 200 g sour cream;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 15 g sugar;
- 15 g of salt;
- 20 ml of vegetable oil;
- 5 g of soda;
- 400 g flour.
The mixing time is about 40 minutes..
The caloric value of 100 grams of this test will be 287.7 kcal.
- All ingredients, except flour, put in a deep bowl and mix using a mixer or immersion blender. It takes literally one minute;
- Then pour flour in small portions and knead the dough. Initially, you can do it with a spoon, and when the dough becomes thick, put it on a floured table and continue the process with your hands;
- Wrap the finished dough with plastic wrap or put in a bowl and cover with a towel. In this form, leave it for 30 minutes so that the gluten is well swollen. After this time, the dough is ready to use..
Sour cream does not require any prior preparation before kneading the dough; you just need to get it out of the fridge and allow it to warm to room temperature.
If you plan to cook sweet pies, then you also need to add more sugar to the base..
The filling for such baking can be varied, but for each there are small secrets:
- so that the pies with mushroom stuffing are not dry inside, mushrooms must be fried with onions;
- for the same reason, in each pie with potato and egg-onion filling should be put on a small piece of butter;
- another problem is typical for berry filling pies – they often burst from the excessive juiciness of the filling. A pinch of starch added to the inside of each product can fix it..
How tasty and soft the cakes on sour cream in the oven would not be, and the beautiful shiny (almost glossy) crust will immediately give them more palatability. You can get such a crust in several ways:
- Grease the patties with a beaten chicken egg before baking. This method is universal for pies with any filling;
- Grease the patties before sending them to the oven with melted butter. This method is more suitable for products with savory fillings;
- A few minutes before you get baking out of the oven, brush it with sweet syrup. This option of giving an appetizing crust is suitable for products with berry, cottage cheese and other sweet filling..