With the help of the sauce, you can give even the familiar dish of new vision and taste. No feast is complete without it, with it the food is more appetizing, juicier and richer. Sour cream-tomato sauce is popular and affordable, and, for sure, everyone at least once in his life cooked or tried it.
It is possible to call such filling universal, it is ideally suited to vegetable, meat, fish dishes and to hot appetizers. It is a classic cooking, known worldwide. There are quite a few recipes for cooking; everyone will choose the most suitable one for one or another dish. Depending on the cooking method and ingredients, the sauce will have a different taste and appearance..
|tomato paste –||2 tablespoons|
|flour –||2 tablespoons|
|sour cream –||1 cup|
|water or broth (meat or fish) –||1 cup|
|butter –||2 tablespoons|
|ground salt and red pepper –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 20 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 350 Kcal|
In just 15 minutes, using a minimum of products, you can prepare a wonderful universal seasoning..
- Preheat pan, put butter, flour. Fry slightly, stirring occasionally;
- Add water or broth, kneading thoroughly so that no lumps form;
- Add sour cream, mix well until smooth;
- Add tomato paste, salt and mix. After 4 minutes, season with red pepper;
- Knead everything until a homogeneous consistency and remove from heat..
The resulting creamy tomato sauce can be used in finished form or for subsequent roasting or stewing.
Cooking sauce of sour cream and tomato paste for cabbage rolls
Cabbage rolls are considered a traditional dish in our country. In this case, each housewife will find several recipes for its preparation. An important component of cabbage is the sauce in which they stew. Sour cream-tomato fits perfectly, a dish with it will look appetizing, smell good and get an unforgettable delicate taste.
- tomato paste – 1.5 tbsp;
- sour cream – 3 tablespoons;
- flour – 1 tbsp;
- water – 2 tablespoons;
- garlic – 4 cloves;
- salt, spices and herbs to taste.
Cooking time: 10 minutes.
Caloric content: 320 Kcal / 100 gr.
How to cook tomato-sour cream sauce for cabbage rolls:
- Mix sour cream and tomato paste;
- Add flour, salt, spices, mix;
- Grind greens, squeeze garlic through a press;
- Water, greens and garlic add to the mass and mix thoroughly;
- Brush the stuffed cabbage with the mixture, add half of the water to the pan, simmer or bake.
A masterpiece of sour cream and tomato paste is easy and quick to prepare, regardless of the selected ingredients. But there are several recommendations with the help of which you can make it tastier and richer:
- The fat content of sour cream does not matter when cooking, where its shelf life is more important. It is necessary to choose the freshest, if sour cream with sourness, flakes in the finished sauce can not be avoided;
- As a tomato base, choose tomato puree or pasta. It is important to know that tomato paste is much thicker than mashed potatoes, so it will need half the amount;
- The sauce is based on sour cream. It can be used both in pure form and diluted with white sauce based on broth.
With the help of such a simple and quick in preparation of the product, like sour cream-tomato sauce, any food will be more appetizing and tasty..
There are many options for cooking, choosing one or another ingredient, taste and appearance will be different.
Sour cream-tomato sauce is the basis for stewing and baking various dishes, but it can also be used as a ready seasoning..