By origin, samsa refers to Central Asian dishes, and more specifically to the cuisine of Uzbekistan. This baked many liked, because it is a surprisingly tasty combination of thin puff pastry and rich juicy stuffing.
|butter –||0.1 kg|
|flour –||250 g|
|water is cold –||0.1 l|
|salt pepper –||taste|
|chicken ham –||2 pieces|
|onion –||2 pieces|
|sesame seeds –||2 tablespoons|
|egg yolk –||1 piece|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 325 Kcal|
- Mix flour and salt in a deep container;
- Chop up the well-cooled (but not frozen) butter using a large grater, add to the flour;
- Mix the contents of the container, then add cold water to the same place;
- Knead the dough with bare hands, and then put it in the fridge (let it stand there for about half an hour);
- Then you can start preparing the filling: remove the skins from the ham, remove the meat from the bones and chop it (if there is fat on the hams, then it must be saved for the filling – this will make it more juicy);
- Onions clean and nashinkovat;
- Chopped poultry meat and onions mix, pepper, salt, add spices (if desired, they can be replaced with fresh greens);
- Cooled dough divided into a pair of approximately equal parts;
- One of the parts is again placed in the refrigerator, and the second is rolled up into a sausage and cut into equal pieces (there should be seven in total);
- Flush the work surface with flour and put all the pieces on it
- Roll each piece using a rolling pin, giving it a cake shape (its diameter should be about 12 cm);
- To make the parts of the dough triangle-shaped, you need to lift the lower and one side edge and blind them to each other, forming a corner;
- Insert the filling into the resulting corner pocket and, lifting the free edge of the scone, bring it to the center and fasten it with the edges of the “pocket” (all seams should be fastened very carefully so that the baking does not disperse during cooking);
- Beat the yolk and a tablespoon of water, use the mixture to lubricate the back side of the samsa (the one with no seams), this will be the upper part of the baking;
- Triangles can be sprinkled with sesame;
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment, put the future pastry on it and put it in the oven (set the temperature to 180 ° C and cook for about 40 minutes);
- Eat Samsu with chicken in food should be hot.
Recipe for samsa with chicken and potatoes
Samsa stuffed with chicken and potatoes is not only tasty, but also very satisfying pastries. Such dishes easily create a feeling of coziness at family meals and many come to taste..
- flour – 1 kg;
- water – 0.5 l;
- butter – 0.2 kg;
- salt, spices – to taste;
- potatoes – 0.5 kg;
- chicken – 0.5 kg;
- onion – 3 pieces.
Cooking time: 75-80 minutes.
Caloric content: 340 kcal.
- In a deep bowl, mix the sifted flour and salt, and in small portions, continuously stirring the contents of the container, pour 0.5 liters of boiled water;
- Melt the butter and add to the dough, knead all the ingredients until the mass becomes taut and plastic;
- Put crushed potatoes and shredded chicken meat in a separate bowl, mix everything with spices;
- Dough shape sausages, slightly twist it in a spiral direction and cut into pieces;
- Roll out each part into a flat cake (due to the twisting on the “disk” a picture should be formed);
- Put the stuffing in the center of each cake and zaschipnut edges;
- Place it on a parchment-covered baking tray of samsa, put it in the oven and cook pastries for 20 minutes at 200 ° C, then reduce the heat to 150 ° C and sprinkle it with water (this will allow you to get samsa with a juicy and soft baked dough);
- Full readiness will come in another quarter of an hour.
Samsa puff pastry with chicken and cheese
Cooking samsa at home is a pleasure. The following simple recipe will not cause problems even for a beginner in cooking, and the dough, the preparation method of which is indicated in the recipe, can be replaced with purchased lavash.
- chicken fillet – 0.6 kg;
- onions – 0.3 kg;
- butter – 100 g;
- flour – 0.5 kg;
- water – 250 ml;
- vegetable oil – 30 ml;
- vinegar – 30 ml;
- spices – to taste;
- cheese – 50 g.
Cooking time: 70 minutes.
Caloric content: 338 kcal.
- Knead a simple dough made from flour, water and salt, let it brew for 40 minutes;
- Meat cut into small pieces to combine with pieces of butter, chopped cheese and onions (this stuffing);
- All components of the filling mix and season with spices;
- Roll out the dough with a thin layer, cover its surface with a thin layer of sunflower oil (not cold!) And fold the sheet in the form of sausage;
- Separate a small piece of the total mass of dough, roll these pieces into cakes;
- Put the stuffing in the center of all the cakes, and blind the edges together, forming a triangle;
- Bake billet samsa with chicken and cheese in the oven at 200 ° C for half an hour;
- Serve hot.
To feel the taste of this samsa, you need to remember the following points:
- only fermented milk products, green tea and radish salad can be used as “accompaniments” of the samsa;
- the dough is preferably seasoned with vinegar;
- Before adding spices like cumin to the meat, you can knead them with a mortar so that they give more flavor;
- the dough for making this pastry in the classic version should be layered.
There are very few recommendations, which is why it will not be difficult to observe them, if desired, which means that everyone has the power to cook samsa with chicken, indistinguishable from the one that you would be served in Uzbekistan.