Food should be not only tasty and fragrant, but also healthy. Bulgur soup is fully consistent with this rule. Bulgur is cereal, obtained by crushing wheat, which is pre-scalded with boiling water, and then dried. Useful properties and high nutritional qualities determine the increased interest in this product..
The most common cereal received in the southern regions of our country, in the Middle East, in the republics of the Caucasus. Useful properties are determined by the fact that wheat is used in the dairy stage of production..
It is rich in vitamins and trace elements, among which are the B, K, PP vitamins. In addition to these components, croup contains substances such as carotenoids, phosphorus, iron, fiber, magnesium and calcium. Caloric content of the product without additives is 348 kcal.
That is why the product is included in the menu diet or medical nutrition. The main properties that are good for the body and health in general:
- regulation of the digestive system;
- active nutrition and saturation of cells with beneficial substances;
- positive effects on the nervous system;
- help in cleansing from toxins.
The peculiarity of the product – its use will be useful only in a small amount, so the ideal use is cooking first courses. It is important to remember that people who are unable to digest gluten, those who have been diagnosed with gastritis, ulcers and other gastrointestinal diseases will have to stop using bulgur..
The tendency to be overweight and the presence of food allergies is also a contraindication to the use of this product in the nutritional system. Bulgur can be purchased in stores, in the markets – in departments with oriental products or cereals..
The subtleties of cooking Bulgur
In order to cook a delicious first course with bulgur, you will need to take into account several subtleties in the process of cooking the product. It combines well in taste and flavor with meat, poultry, fish and vegetables. That is why any soup will turn out appetizing and tasty. A good option – adding bulgur in combination with lentils.
The preparation of this product has its own characteristics:
- it is not necessary to wash the rump, if there is a need, it can be washed once;
- if the recipe involves the use of boiled bulgur, then it will be necessary to fry it in butter before cooking – as a result, the dish with it will acquire a delicate and spicy taste with nutty notes;
- It is recommended to use dishes (pots, cauldrons or wok) with a thick bottom – in this case, the cereal will languish during the heat treatment process, but not boil;
- the increase in the volume of cereals occurs 3 times after cooking (it is necessary to take into account when cooking soups).
The optimal ratio of water and cereal during the cooking process is 1: 2. Do not add paprika, tomato paste or tarragon in the first dishes, as well as potatoes, cabbage and beets (soup and borsch with bulgur are not cooked). If in order to cook Bulgur a multivark is used, then the best mode for cooking will be “Buckwheat”.
|bulgur –||40 g|
|common onion or leek –||1 PC.|
|potatoes –||2 pcs.|
|carrot –||1 PC.|
|ripe juicy tomatoes –||1 PC.|
|garlic –||2 teeth|
|water –||0.5-1 l|
|fresh dill or other greens –||3 branches|
|salt, black pepper, curry powder –||taste|
|vegetable (olive) oil –||20 ml|
|Time for preparing: 45 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 287 Kcal|
- All vegetables used in the recipe should be washed in warm water, cleaned;
- Greens, onions and carrots need to be finely chopped, add curry;
- Skip garlic through a press, add to vegetables;
- Frying occurs as follows: onion, then garlic is added to it, then carrot;
- If potatoes are used, they must be peeled and cut into small cubes;
- Add bulgur to vegetables (do not rinse), simmer for 3-5 minutes;
- Place tomatoes for 2-3 minutes in boiling water to remove the skin, then chop;
- Mix all the vegetables, add water, salt, add ground pepper, cook for 20 minutes.
After cooking, add cream and sour cream to each serving..
Turkish soup with bulgur and lentils
This version of the first dish is called the “brides soup”. You can prepare it if you have the following ingredients:
- Bulgur (not boiled) – 120-160 g;
- red lentils (not canned) – 150 g;
- tomato paste or more preferably – chopped blanched tomatoes – 75 g;
- spices and seasonings – sweet paprika, dried mint, black pepper, dried greens, salt coarse to taste;
- vegetable oil – 50 ml;
- water – 3 l;
- onion – 2 pcs;
- fresh green – optional.
Cooking time – 40 minutes.
Calories (100 g) – 296 kcal.
- Pour water into a saucepan with a thick bottom, bring to a boil;
- Wash lentils, pour into a container;
- Then add bulgur to the same place;
- Add ground red paprika and allspice to them;
- Bring to boil again;
- After cover, strangle the heating force;
- Peel the onions, chop, fry (4 minutes);
- Then add tomato paste or chopped blanched tomatoes to it (simmer another 2 minutes);
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to the pan, add salt, mint, cook until softened bulgar and lentils.
Before serving, add to each portion of finely chopped fresh greens. You can also change the spice of the dish using seasonings. We do not recommend cooking this soup in large quantities, since bulgur absorbs water well and swells, which can turn the first dish into porridge.
Chicken soup with bulgur
This option of cooking soup is suitable for those who seek to choose healthy food, diets or just want to lose weight. All components here successfully complement each other. To prepare you will need the following ingredients:
- water (or broth) – 3 l;
- fresh vegetables – carrots, onions, potatoes – 1 pc;
- Bulgur – 120 g;
- chicken (fillet) – 200 g;
- vegetable oil – 10 ml;
- seasonings and salt to taste.
Cooking time – half an hour.
Calories per 100 g – 280 kcal.
- Peel the potatoes (cut into small cubes);
- Wash the bird fillet in warm water;
- Pour water into a saucepan, add chicken, potatoes and bulgur (you can rinse 1-2 times), put warm;
- Cut carrots (peeled) and onions, quickly fry in butter (no more than 2 minutes), add to soup;
- Chop boiled poultry meat and return to the broth;
- Add spices, salt and cook until ready (about half an hour).
After cooking, it is recommended to enhance the flavor of the soup by adding fresh herbs or a little garlic..
Bulgur soup with mushrooms
An appetizing and flavorful soup that is perfect for both lunch and dinner, is prepared using the following ingredients:
- mushrooms (fresh, peeled) – 600-800 g;
- fresh vegetables (you can use frozen carrots in the recipe) – carrots and onions, 1 pc each, potatoes – 3 pcs;
- Bulgur (not boiled) – 100 g;
- fresh herbs – to taste;
- sunflower oil (for frying) – 10 ml;
- salt – to taste (fine).
Cooking time – 30 minutes.
Calorie – 301 kcal.
- Wash mushrooms, cut, if they are very large;
- Pour water (3 l) into the container, add mushrooms, cook broth;
- Part of the mushrooms to postpone;
- Peel potatoes and cut (can be cube or slices);
- Peel carrots and onions, cut, fry;
- Add to them the bulgur and fry a little (5 minutes);
- Add mushrooms to vegetables and simmer all ingredients for another 3-5 minutes;
- Add boiled potatoes and vegetables with bulgur in boiled mushroom broth, add salt and seasonings and spices if desired. Cook for about 20 more minutes..
Serve with fresh herbs or sour cream as a supplement.
Soup with bulgur and meat in a slow cooker
Soups in meat broth are distinguished by their rich taste and aroma. They contain a set of microelements and components necessary for the body, which will allow to fill a person with strength and energy. To prepare the soup for this recipe, you will need to have the following set of ingredients:
- potatoes – 500 g;
- beef – 300 g;
- carrots and onions – 1 pc;
- Bulgur – 100-120 g;
- salt, dried herbs, black pepper – to taste;
- sunflower oil – 10 ml;
- water – 2.5 l.
Cooking time: 35 minutes (soup mode).
Calories per 100 g – 308 kcal.
- Wash the beef, cut into small pieces;
- Peel and chop the vegetables;
- Pour oil into the bowl of the multicooker, place the vegetables (carrots and onions) prepared for frying, put the Frying program;
- Pour water into the capacity of the multicooker, place the prepared beef and bulgur (it can also be filled in with vegetables at the frying stage);
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes, add to the total capacity, then salt, pour in the spices and dried herbs;
- Close the multicooker lid and put on the “Soup” program, cook until it ends (beep).
Giving is made in portions. Fresh herbs or garlic will complement the aroma and taste.
In order for the croup to become softer faster, it is recommended to soak it for 10 minutes in hot water. The aroma and taste will give a simple method – boil the bulgur in the broth for 10-15 minutes.
If the soup is cooked in a slow cooker, then it is recommended to fry this ingredient in butter for 2 minutes (“Baking”), and then on the “Frying” program, cook another 2-3 minutes by adding vegetable oil. Bulgur is great for thick soups. After the cooking process, it will not be necessary to rinse it before adding it to the soup..
Thus, recipes for soups with bulgur in the composition will diversify and complement the menu of any person. The first dishes will be more satisfying due to the fact that this cereal is well boiled soft and swells.