French fries are a dish with a fragrant and crispy crust, also known as gratin. He came up with the French poor, who, because of the lack of money for butter, did not fry, but baked vegetables with the addition of chives from milk, so that the dish would not burn..
Later, cheese, meat, mushrooms were added to the potatoes baked in this way, receiving new variations of potatoes in French..
|potato –||500 grams|
|cream –||200 ml|
|hard cheese –||150 grams|
|nutmeg –||0.5 tsp|
|garlic –||1 tooth|
|salt and dry Provencal herbs –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 80 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 162 Kcal|
The sequence of work:
- First you need to prepare the potatoes. It should be peeled, washed and cut. Root vegetables need to be cut into very thin circles. The slice thickness should not exceed 3 mm;
- The next stage is the preparation of the filling, which will be the cream sauce. For him, in a saucepan with a thick bottom, you need to pour the cream and warm it well, but do not bring it to a boil;
- Hard cheese to rub on a small grater and divided into three parts. Two of them send in a stewpan to hot cream. There also send nutmeg and garlic, passed through the garlic crusher;
- When the cheese is melted in the cream, and the mass becomes homogeneous, the sauce is ready;
- Put a layer of potato slices into a baking dish with high sides, salt it, pour a portion of the sauce on top, then again – a layer of potatoes and sauce. So continue until all the ingredients run out. The last layer must be watered sauce;
- Potato slices laid out in the form will have to spend 40 minutes in the oven, heated to 180 degrees. 10 minutes before the end of cooking, sprinkle gratin with the remaining cheese;
- Serve hot, cut into portions and sprinkle with Provencal herbs.
French fries with meat in the oven
Only French fries with meat can be more delicious than potatoes in French. Probably, that cook who thought up this recipe thought so. It’s pretty easy to make sure that this idea is correct, you just have to cook and try this dish..
You must take the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of potatoes;
- 500 grams of pork tenderloin;
- 300 grams of hard cheese;
- 200 grams of onions;
- 200 ml of heavy cream;
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil;
- greens, black pepper and salt.
Cooking time: 1.5 hours.
Calorie dishes: 279.7 kcal / 100 grams.
The order of the cooking steps:
- Cut the meat into small pieces, as for chops, no more than 1 cm thick. Beat off on both sides, sprinkle with salt and pepper well;
- Peeled root vegetables cut into very thin round slices;
- Onions with a knife to turn into thin half-rings;
- Chop the cheese with a coarse grater;
- Lubricate the bottom of the baking dish with vegetable oil. Place half of the potatoes on top, meat on top, onions – on it, potatoes again. Sprinkle with cheese and pour cream on top;
- Bake in the oven at an average temperature of about 1 hour. During this time, the meat and potatoes should be well baked, and the cheese turned into a beautiful crisp.
Potatoes with minced meat
The following ingredients are required for this recipe:
- 400 grams of minced meat;
- 600 grams of potatoes;
- 100 grams of onions;
- 350 grams of sour cream;
- 150 grams of hard cheese;
- 1 clove of garlic, salt and spices.
Cooking time: 60-80 minutes.
Caloric content: 235.7 kcal / 100 grams.
The procedure for cooking potatoes in French with minced meat:
- Ready minced salt, season with spices, add a clove of garlic that has been put through the garlic and mix well;
- Prepared tubers of potatoes without a peel cut into thin rings of the same thickness;
- Cheese, as for previous recipes, grate;
- Onions chop thin half-rings;
- Put a part of potatoes in a baking dish, spread with sour cream. Top make a layer of onion, followed by a layer of minced meat, smear with sour cream again. Lay the remaining potatoes on top;
- On top of all smear sour cream and sprinkle with plenty of cheese;
- It is necessary to bake potatoes with minced meat in the oven for about 40 minutes at an average temperature (190-200 degrees).
Tips for a note
For potatoes in French, it is advised to use new crop tubers. With them the dish turns out to be the most tender, melting in the mouth..
For baking, no oil is used. You can only lightly smear the bottom of the form of vegetable oil, odorless. Fat pouring will help to relieve vegetables and meat from burning.
Fat cream, sour cream or mayonnaise can be used as a pot for potatoes in French. And you can specially cook the sauce. For example, cream sauce from hard cheese and cream, Dutch from yolks and butter, or simply Bechamel.
Cheese plays an important role in the recipe. He must be surely firm. Any attempts to use processed cheese will only spoil the finished dish. In extreme cases, you can try to mix the grated cheese with cream.
Particular attention should be paid to cutting potatoes. It should be cut into thin round plates. And the thinner they are, the tastier and juicier the final result will be. A food processor or a special shredder can help to cope with this stage of cooking..
Meat for potatoes in French can be pre-soaked, for example, in red wine, so that it becomes juicier.
You can diversify the classic recipe by adding mushrooms or an apple to the potatoes and meat, cut into thin slices too..
Preparing dishes for serving is a very crucial moment. Ready Gratin must be cut into portions, but so as not to spoil the overall aesthetic appearance. The finished dish does not need to be added, just sprinkle it with finely chopped greens..
Enjoy your meal!