Potato dish “Babka” belongs to the Belarusian cuisine. In fact, this is the same as potato pancakes. The difference is that “Grandma” is much larger in size, and often they also put in any filling, for example, from meat or vegetables. It always turns out very tasty and satisfying..
This treat can be safely cooked for lunch or dinner, while it goes well with any treats. But a particularly gentle “Grandma” is obtained in a slow cooker, and we’ll talk about the recipes of cooking this dish in a multicooker machine below..
Potato “Grandma” – what is it?
Potato dish “Grandma” came to our table from Belarus. This treat is the hallmark of this country. He was still skillfully prepared by our great-grandmothers. Traditionally, it was baked in ovens in special pots. After baking, a ruddy crust formed from above, and the aroma spread throughout the house..
In the classic recipe of this dish at the base are only roots. Already then they began to supplement it with various products — minced meat, greens, roasted mushrooms, beans, and vegetables. Traditionally, it was cooked with cracklings, and when served, be sure to apply sour cream or fat cream to it..
If earlier potato “Grandma” was cooked in the oven, then at present this possibility is rarely available to anyone. And in order to get the finished dish, which will be as close as possible to the old and the present, it can be made in a slow cooker. Moreover, this device allows much to facilitate the entire cooking process..
|lard or fatty pork –||350 g|
|of milk –||glass|
|onions –||three heads|
|seasoning –||at its discretion|
|Time for preparing: 120 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 432 Kcal|
- To begin, prepare the lard. It needs to be cut into small cubes;
- Peel the onion. Cut two onions into cubes; cut one head into thin circles;
- Release the potatoes from the peel, put them in a slow cooker, pour water, select the “Cooking” mode and boil until done;
- Place the pan on the fire, lay out the bacon and fry until fat appears;
- After 5-7 minutes we fall asleep the chopped onion to the bacon, mix and fry until golden;
- As soon as the potatoes are cooked, put the tubers in a cup, drain the water;
- We make mashed potatoes, add milk and salt to it;
- Mix mashed potatoes well;
- The multicooker bowl needs to be smeared with oil on all sides;
- Put ½ part mashed potatoes and level it;
- Then put a layer of onions and cracklings;
- Layer of onion and fat add salt, pepper;
- Top with the remains of mashed potatoes;
- Next you need to choose the mode “Baking”, choose the time 50 minutes;
- After that, cut the potato casserole and spread on plates.
“Grandma” of potatoes with meat in a Redmond multicooker
Ingredients required for cooking:
- a kilo of potatoes;
- minced pork – half a kilogram;
- three onions;
- one large spoonful of flour;
- a mixture of peppers – to your taste;
- salt to your taste;
- vegetable oil.
How much to cook – 1.5-2 hours.
Calories – 458 kcal.
How to cook:
- With potato tubers, peel off, thoroughly wash;
- Wipe grated tubers with medium teeth;
- Bulbs cleaned from husks;
- One onion must be grated with fine teeth and add to the potatoes;
- The remaining two onions need to chop into small pieces;
- Pour chopped onion in mince and stir;
- We remove the gas stove for gas, pour the oil and heat it;
- Put minced meat with onion in hot oil and leave to fry;
- After a quarter of an hour, the stuffing should be removed from the heat, we shift it to the mashed potatoes with onions;
- Sprinkle with salt, season with black pepper and sprinkle with flour;
- All components must be thoroughly mixed;
- The capacity of the multicooker is well oiled on all sides with vegetable oil;
- Put in a slow cooker a mixture of potatoes and ground beef, level well;
- Cover the multicooker with a lid, set the program “Baking”;
- Cooking “Grandma” for 50 minutes;
- After everything is ready, open the lid, let stand 10 minutes and put on a wide dish.
Cheese and Bacon Dish Option
What components will be needed for cooking:
- 10 potato tubers;
- 100 grams of hard cheese;
- 150 grams of bacon;
- two onions;
- cream with any fat content – about a glass;
- two eggs;
- vegetable oil;
- salt to your taste;
- mix of spices at your discretion;
- some breadcrumbs.
Cooking time – 1.5 hours.
How to cook potato “Grandma” with cheese and bacon in a slow cooker:
- Peel the onions from the husk, cut into small cubes or another convenient way;
- Bacon needs to be cut into thin strips. Bacon can be used raw or smoked;
- Fill in a slow cooker oil, select the “Baking” mode and heat up;
- On the heated oil pour onions, mix and fry until transparent;
- We spread bacon to the onion and fry all together for a couple of minutes;
- With the potatoes cut off the rind, wash;
- Wipe grated potatoes with large teeth;
- From potato chips need to squeeze the juice well;
- We drive eggs into the container and stir them with a fork or a whisk;
- Slice a piece of cheese grated into small chips;
- To the potato chips lay out the grated cheese, pour the eggs, cream (it is desirable to preheat them);
- Then lay out the fried bacon with onions and stir everything;
- The capacity of the multicooker is oiled, sprinkled with breading on all sides;
- Putting potato mixture with cheese and bacon in a slow cooker, level the top well;
- Then you need to put the program “Baking” and leave to cook for about 40-50 minutes;
- Next, insist for 10 minutes;
- Carefully remove the finished potato “Grandma” on a large flat plate and serve.
How to make “Grandma” with mushrooms and chicken
What components will be required:
- 10 medium sized potato tubers;
- 400 grams of chicken fillet;
- onions – 2 pieces;
- half a glass of milk;
- champignon mushrooms – 200 grams;
- 200 ml of sour cream;
- vegetable oil;
- natural cow oil – 60 grams;
- some salt;
- spice mix.
Cooking time – 1.5-2 hours.
Calories – 448 kcal.
How are we going to do:
- We clean potato tubers, rinse with cool water;
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan, pour water, add some salt and boil;
- While the potatoes are boiled, prepare the mushrooms, wash them and clean the caps;
- Cut champignons into thin slices;
- Onions clean and chop cubes;
- Put the pan on the fire, pour the oil and heat it;
- Put the onions and mushrooms into warmed up heated butter and fry for about 10 minutes;
- Wash chicken fillet, cut into medium pieces and put in a blender. Grind chicken until minced;
- Put the stuffing in the cup, and in the blender lay out the onion and mushrooms zazharka, add the cream, grind everything until smooth;
- As soon as the potatoes are ready, you need to drain the water and knead it to the state of mashed potatoes;
- Add the puree milk, a slice of natural oil and mix;
- The capacity of the multicooker should be smeared from all sides with vegetable oil;
- Spread half the mashed potatoes and level;
- Mince the salt and season with spices;
- Put a layer of minced meat on potatoes and level;
- Next, put a layer of mushrooms with cream and flatten;
- Then lay out the rest of the mashed potatoes and level;
- We set the “Baking” mode and leave to prepare for about 40-50 minutes;
- After that, serve the potato “Grandma” on a large dish.
- potatoes can be pre-cooked and made of it jure, it can also be rubbed on a grater;
- vegetables or greens can be added to potatoes;
- after cooking, Grandma can be spread on top of a small amount of sour cream and sprinkled with pieces of greens.
Potato “Grandma”, made in a slow cooker, turns out very tasty and fragrant. Her cooking does not take too much time, but in the end you can make a delicious and hearty lunch or dinner. Therefore, start cooking this dish as quickly as possible..