Almost every morning, many people start with a cup of hot tea and a sausage sandwich. But today, very often on the shelves of stores you can find low-quality product. An alternative to smoked sausage can be pork belly cooked at home from natural products..
|pork belly –||0.6 kilogram|
|water –||1 liter|
|onion peel –||50 grams|
|table salt –||100g|
|Lavrushka –||a couple of leaves|
|pepper peas –||3-4 pieces.|
|garlic –||6 teeth|
|Time for preparing: 900 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 510 Kcal|
- Husk with onion cleared of dirt and washed. It is put in a saucepan and filled with water. It is brought to a boil;
- When the contents boil, you need to put lavrushki, pepper and salt;
- The sternum is cut into several pieces and put in a saucepan. Pieces must be completely immersed in water. If not enough water, you can add a little more;
- Meat must be put on the fire and wait for boiling. Then the fire must be reduced and boiled for thirty minutes;
- 3 cloves of garlic need to cut into thin slices and put in a pan twenty minutes after boiling;
- When the sternum will be ready, on its pieces it is necessary to put a peel from the bottom of the pan. Leave to cool;
- After placing the entire contents of the pan in a container with a tight lid, put in the refrigerator for twelve hours;
- After that, the pieces of brisket need to be soaked with wet wipes, removing the husks from them;
- Rub garlic with minced garlic and wrap in foil.
- Meat should be left in the refrigerator for a couple of hours so that it is well soaked..
If desired, the brisket can be rubbed with black pepper and any seasoning.
Asian pork belly onion peel
- pork belly – 0.5 kilogram;
- 3 buds cloves;
- onion peel – 20 grams;
- ginger root.
Cooking time: 15 hours.
Caloric content: 510 kcal / 100 grams.
How to cook pork belly in onion peel in an Asian way:
- Husk is poured into the pan;
- Ginger is peeled and cut into semi-circles. After that, laid out on top of the husk;
- Chili pepper is cut into rings, previously cleared of seeds;
- Put ginger, cloves, unpeeled garlic, pepper;
- The contents of the saucepan are filled with water and brought to a boil;
- Then the meat is laid and cooked on low heat for about one hour;
- The sternum should cool at room temperature;
- After that, the pieces of meat are soaked with paper napkins, wrapped in foil.
For better taste, the meat should be put in the freezer for about fifteen minutes. Served with horseradish or mustard.
Cooking Recipe with Turmeric
- brisket – 0.5 kilogram;
- salt – 60 grams;
- onion peel – 15 grams;
- coriander – 10 grams;
- pepper – 6 peas;
- turmeric – 10 grams;
- Lavrushka – 4 leaves.
Cooking time: 12 hours.
Caloric content: 408 kcal / 100 grams.
- The husks washed under running water should be put on the bottom of the pan with pepper and bay leaf;
- Salt and turmeric are added to a separate saucepan in water. Bring to a boil;
- Pork sternum should be washed, make small cuts and put garlic cloves in them. You need to lay it deeper – it should not fall out during cooking.
- Garlic-stuffed sternum fits into the pan and sprinkles with the remnants of the husk;
- Content pour brine and cook for half an hour;
- The brisket should cool at room temperature;
- After that, it is rubbed with coriander and pepper and put in the refrigerator in a closed container..
Meat can be eaten in a few hours with horseradish or mustard.
- The brisket need not be with a lot of fat. If desired, you can choose pieces with stones;
- Onion peels will stain the pot. It is very difficult to wash it, so it is better to take a dark or unwanted pan;
- When cooking large pieces, you need to take a small saucepan so that they are tightly pressed to each other;
- Onion husks are put only to give the breastbone a golden hue. If desired, you can use liquid smoke to give a smoked taste;
- Meat cooking time depends on its size. But readiness can be checked with a fork: the pieces should be easily pierced.
- Finished pork belly can be stored in the freezer for several months;
- For cooking in a slow cooker, you must immediately lay all the products, including the sternum;
- The pickle, in which the sternum was boiled, can not be poured. If you add it to any soup, the taste will be unforgettable..
Homemade pork belly cooked in onion skins is a very tasty dish that will be appreciated not only by family members, but also by guests. The tenderloin can perfectly decorate the festive table and become a delicious addition to the breakfast..