Pea soup is one of the most favorite dishes in Russian cuisine. Its main advantage is that you can cook both in meat broth and chicken. Varying the recipe, adding or removing smoked meats, you can get a completely new taste every time..
|Chicken leg –||1 piece|
|Water –||2 liters|
|Split peas –||glass|
|Bow –||1 piece|
|Carrot –||1 average|
|Potatoes –||3 small tubers|
|Butter –||for frying|
|salt and spices –||to taste and desire|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 239 Kcal|
Wash the leg, and then pour it with ice water. We put on fire. As soon as the water boils, remove the foam, reduce the heat and salt the broth. Cover with lid and cook for 40 minutes over low heat..
Soaked peas in cool running water.
Peel the onions and carrots, then grate them. Pour oil into a frying pan and pass vegetables to a light golden hue..
Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes.
Meanwhile, our broth is ready. Put the peas in it and cook until half cooked. At this moment we put potatoes in our future soup and cook until all the products are ready. And the final stage – adding zazharki and regulation of the amount of salt. If you wish, you can put a few peas in the pot.
How to cook pea soup with smoked chicken
- Smoked chicken leg -1 piece;
- Water – 2 liters;
- Potatoes – 3 small tubers;
- Split peas – 1 cup;
- Onions – 1 large onion;
- Carrot – 1 average piece;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Time – 1 hour 20 minutes. Caloric content -260 kcal per 100 grams.
With the legs cut off all the meat. Send a bone in boiling water and cook for about 20 minutes. Wash and clean the potatoes, cut into cubes. As soon as the broth is ready, add peas into it, and after 10 minutes – potatoes. Cook until all ingredients are ready..
Meanwhile, let’s zazharkoy. Grate carrot. Onions cut into thin half rings. In a hot frying pan fry vegetables until soft. Make sure that nothing is burned, otherwise it will spoil the appearance of the soup. Add smoked chicken pieces to vegetables.
Zazharku should be added to the soup at the very end, about 10 minutes before turning off the fire. Try the salt dish and adjust the taste if necessary..
You can make chicken broth. In this case, smoked chicken can simply be put in the soup at the end. The recipe is the same, only first cook chicken leg or another part..
Recipe for pea soup with garlic croutons in a slow cooker
We will cook pea soup, but this time in a slow cooker. In addition to it we will make garlic croutons in the oven. Getting started:
- Chicken leg – 1 piece;
- Slightly smoked sausages (if any) – 100 grams;
- Potatoes – 3 tubers;
- Water – 2.5 liters;
- Onions – 1 piece;
- Carrot – 1 piece;
- Salt, spices;
- Split peas – 1 cup.
Time – 1 hour 20 minutes. Calorie content – 220 kcal per 100 grams.
You can make this soup with or without roasting. Onions and carrots can be fried in a pan separately, and then added to the soup. We will prepare a quick option where the vegetables will not be fried.
Rub grated carrots or cut into strips. Onion cut into half rings. Potato wash and clean. Peas need to pre-soak. In the bowl multicooker put the leg, fill with water. Turn on the “Soup” for 50 minutes. 10 minutes after the start of boiling, add onions, carrots, potatoes and peas to the water, as well as smoked meats (if any). We salt and close the lid. The soup will be especially tasty if you leave it on the floor for another half an hour. The taste will turn out like from a Russian stove..
Take a croutons. Slices of white or rye bread rubbed with garlic and salt. Send them in the oven and dry at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes. You can fry them in a frying pan in a small amount of oil. So that the bread does not absorb too much oil, it must first be dried in a dry frying pan, and then add oil.
Another option for more refined croutons is cheese with garlic. Slices of bread rubbed with garlic. Lubricate with mayonnaise, then sprinkle with grated cheese on top. Bake in the oven until the cheese is completely melted.
Serve ready-made soup a la carte, and to him a small bowl with crackers. If you have cooked croutons, serve them on a beautiful dish..
Tips from experienced chefs
Pea soup will be even more tasty if you follow some tricks:
- When peas are boiled in the broth, place half of the whole peeled carrot in it. It will give a beautiful color and taste. Then the root can be cut and add to the frying.
- Chicken broth should be placed only in cold water. You can also put a whole onion with a husk for a beautiful color in the broth, as well as carrots and parsley root.
- Chipped peas are cooked much faster. You can take the usual, but then you need to soak it in hot water for a couple of hours. In addition, boil the peas must be in unsalted water or broth. Salt slows down the digestion.
- Another point – to leave peas at night is very dangerous. In this case, it can swell and sour. Such peas will cook for a really long time! Therefore, we leave the peas in water for a couple of hours and exclusively under the supervision of.
- Sometimes the soup is served with sour cream sauce. In this case, add sour garlic and greens in sour cream..
Now you know how to cook a delicious pea soup with chicken..