Delicious puffy pies with a variety of sweet and savory fillings – this is what can gather the whole family in the kitchen for a fragrant tea. But many housewives believe that in order to prepare the dough for the pies, you will have to spend a lot of time, and therefore do not often indulge their home baking.
In order not to spend all day on the fuss in the kitchen, you can use recipes for quick dough, which is kneaded on kefir. Even without yeast, it turns out to be soft and tender, and goes well with any fillings..
Below are recipes for yogurt from yeast and yeast-free dough with the three most popular fillings (apples, cabbage, meat), and useful tips and little tricks will help to avoid possible failures..
|kefir (fat content not less than 2.5%) –||500 ml|
|eggs –||3 pcs.|
|sour cream –||50 g|
|vegetable oil, odorless –||30 ml|
|Sahara –||30 g|
|soda –||10 g|
|salt –||10 g|
|flour –||350-450 g|
|apples –||500 g|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 161 Kcal|
- In a deep bowl or pan, in which the dough will be kneaded, pour the kefir, add soda, mix and let stand for one or two minutes;
- Then pour sugar, salt and stir until they are completely dissolved;
- In a small bowl, beat a little 2 eggs with sour cream and vegetable oil, pour the mixture into kefir and mix;
- Now, in small portions, you need to sift the sifted flour into the dough so that you end up with a dough that does not stick to your hands and does not spread, but not too elastic;
- From the kneaded dough to form a bun, wrap it with cling film and let it rest for about half an hour;
- In the meantime, you can do stuffing. Apples for patties, you can simply grate on a coarse grater or cut into small cubes. And you can caramelize in a pan with butter and sugar. The second method is suitable if they are not very sweet;
- When the dough has lain, and the gluten in it has had time to swell well, you can proceed to the formation of pies. Roll the dough into a sausage to be cut into slices. Make a cake from each piece, put the filling in its center and pinch the edges;
- Formed patties lay on a parchment-laid pan, brush with a beaten egg and bake for about 30 minutes in an oven, the temperature of which is 180-200 degrees.
Yeast patties on yogurt with cabbage
Cabbage filling for pies is not less popular than apple. Usually it is prepared from white cabbage, fresh or fermented. Often eggs, mushrooms, minced meat, sausages and even prunes are added to the cabbage filling, which makes the taste of the finished products more rich and interesting..
For yeast kefir dough and cabbage filling, you must take:
- 250 ml of kefir;
- 125 ml of vegetable oil in the dough and 30 ml for frying;
- 50 grams of sugar;
- 50 ml of water;
- 25 g dry yeast;
- 10 g of salt;
- 5 g of soda;
- 550 g of flour;
- 700 g white cabbage;
- 150 g onions;
- 50 g of tomato paste.
The cooking time will take 2-2.5 hours, of which most will have to spend on the dough kneading.
Calorie pies with cabbage is 190.7 kcal / 100 g.
Stages of work:
- Start with a test. To do this in warm water you need to dilute the yeast with half the sugar and set aside for 10 minutes;
- In a separate bowl, heat to a comfortable temperature so that a drop of liquid does not burn the back of the hand, kefir and vegetable oil;
- Combine the yeast and warm kefir that started to work with butter, add soda, salt and the rest of the sugar, mix everything diligently so that the mass becomes homogeneous;
- In the resulting liquid base gently mix the flour, form a large lump of dough and send it to come warm for one and a half hours;
- While the dough will ripen it’s time to do the filling. Cabbage should be finely chopped, put in a saucepan, pour in some water and put on fire;
- Peel the onions into cubes and fry in vegetable oil to a transparent state, add tomato paste to it and stew for a few minutes;
- When the cabbage is almost ready, put onion with tomato paste for it, mix and simmer everything together until ready. Cool the prepared filling;
- From the dough to form the patties, putting inside the cabbage filling and bake in a preheated oven. At a temperature of 180 to 200 degrees it will take 25-30 minutes.
Recipe for pies on kefir with meat in the oven
Pies on kefir with meat filling is simple and quick baking, which is perfect as an addition to tea or first courses. Especially tasty such hot and warm pies..
The following ingredients will be used for cooking:
- 220 ml of kefir;
- 450-550 grams of flour;
- 40 ml of vegetable oil;
- 10 g of sugar;
- 5 g of soda;
- 5 g of salt;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 20 g sesame;
- 400 g ground beef;
- 150-200 g of onion;
- 30 grams of greens (dill, parsley, cilantro);
- spices to taste.
It takes about 1.5 hours to cook..
Calorie pies with meat filling – 238.4 kcal per 100 g of finished baking.
- In warm kefir stir soda, vegetable oil, sugar, salt;
- Adding a little flour, knead a soft dough, which by its consistency will resemble yeast;
- Wrap the dough with a film and let it lie down for 30 to 40 minutes;
- For the filling, mix the stuffing (it is better to take a mixture of chicken and pork), chopped onion, chopped greens. The filling is well knead, salt and pepper. If it is too thick, it can be diluted with cold water or kefir;
- From the rested dough to form the patties, put them on the prepared baking sheet with seams down, brush with a beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame and bake for about half an hour in a hot (200 degrees) oven.
Regardless of whether yeast or yeast-free dough is prepared for pies, kefir must be warm or at least at room temperature. Otherwise, the dough in the oven will rise poorly..
When yeast-free version of the test should strictly follow the recipe and not overdo it with soda, because it can give the finished baking an unpleasant taste.
It is worth remembering that a tight and dense dough will also rise poorly, so do not overdo it with flour and kneading. The dough should be soft and tender..
The beautiful appearance of the pies and the appetizing ruddy crust depend on the sugar that is put in the dough, so even for savory pastries, you should add at least one teaspoon of sugar when kneading the dough.
A beautiful shiny glossy crust in the pies in the oven can be obtained by brushing them with a beaten egg, sweet water or the same yogurt that was used to knead it..