Marshmallow is a very tasty delicacy that almost everyone loves: both adults and children. However, the delicacy that we used to buy in stores is of dubious quality, and does not always contain natural ingredients..
Consider a few recipes for its preparation..
|Gelatin –||25 grams|
|Egg whites –||7 pieces|
|Water –||300 ml|
|Sugar –||1 kg|
|Vanillin –||1 bag|
|Lemon acid –||½ tsp|
|Baking soda –||½ tsp|
|Time for preparing: 420 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 277 Kcal|
Cooking Traditional Marshmallow:
Gelatin put in a small cup with 100 ml of boiling water. It should be infused for about 2 hours, during which time it will swell;
In the meantime, make sugar syrup. To begin with, pour 150 ml of cold water into a metal container, pour the granulated sugar and put it on the stove. As soon as it starts to boil, boil it for 3-4 minutes and remove from gas. The consistency of the syrup should not be very thick;
Next, add the gelatin to the syrup and mix well, until the grains of gelatin are completely dissolved. Cool the mixture;
Break the eggs and separate the yolks from the proteins;
Egg whites are laid out in a deep bowl and whipped with a mixer at medium speed. It is advisable to beat the proteins before the formation of foam;
After that, add vanillin, baking soda and citric acid to whipped proteins. Whisk the whole mixture;
Then mix the mixture with sugar syrup and gelatin. Everything is whipped up to the formation of foam, so that the protein mass is greatly increased. Then the mixture is infused for half an hour;
We wipe the chopping board with a damp cloth or napkin;
Protein mass should be put in a pastry bag. Using this bag, squeeze small portions of marshmallow onto a chopping board. As an option, put the mass in a flat container, then the marshmallow will be square in shape;
After that, put the board with marshmallow in the fridge and leave it there for 4 hours. This time will be enough for the gelatin to clutch and the marshmallow acquire a dense structure..
Apple marshmallows at home
The following components will be required:
- 600 grams of fresh apple pulp;
- Granulated sugar – 300 grams;
- 15 grams of gelatin;
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp;
- 6 egg whites.
How to make marshmallow from apples:
- Gelatin pour boiling water and leave to infuse for 2 hours, during which time it will swell;
- Apples should be peeled and pitted;
- Pulp apples need to bake in the oven to medium soft;
- Next, the pulp of apples must be grated on a fine grater;
- In the middle bowl, beat the egg whites with a mixer at medium speed. Beat up to foam;
- Applesauce needs to be mixed with whipped proteins, granulated sugar, gelatin and lemon juice;
- Whip the whole mass with a mixer, you should get a homogeneous mixture. Beat up about 10 minutes;
- The cutting board should be wiped with a damp cloth or cloth;
- Put the whole apple-protein mixture into a pastry bag and squeeze small portions of marshmallow in the form of roses onto the board;
- The chopping board should be left in the fridge for 3 hours, so that the gelatin grabs and the marshmallow acquires a dense structure.
The following products will be required:
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 70 grams of gelatin;
- 300 ml of water;
- Lemon acid – 20 grams;
- Soda – 5 grams;
- Dark Chocolate – 2 Tiles.
How to make a chocolate treat at home:
- Gelatin pour 100 ml of hot water and leave it to swell;
- Pour sugar in a small metal container, add a little water and boil over medium heat;
- After boiling the syrup, pour the gelatin in there, mix well and remove from the gas;
- Hot syrup should be whipped with a mixer in two stages for 5 minutes;
- Then add lemon acid to it. Beat another 10 minutes. Then leave the mass for 20 minutes;
- Prepare a baking sheet or board for marshmallow, wipe with a damp cloth;
- Then, using a pastry syringe or spoon, place small portions of marshmallow on the board;
- We put the board or baking sheet with marshmallow in the fridge for 4 hours, during which time the marshmallow will acquire a dense structure;
- After that, black chocolate must be broken into pieces and melted in a water bath;
- Hardened marshmallows should be dipped in chocolate icing..
- If the third part of granulated sugar is replaced by molasses or glucose syrup, then the shelf life of the dessert will increase and, when dried in the middle, it will be tender;
- In order for the dessert to keep its shape well, the mass should be whipped for a long time;
- The basis for apple marshmallow should be thick. For him perfectly suited apples variety Antonovka. You can also use any apples that bake well..
Making marshmallows at home is not so difficult. Of course, it will take some work, but it’s worth it. Homemade dessert will be very tasty and tender. Be sure to cook the marshmallows for these recipes and treat them to yourself and your family.!