Fish cooked over hot coals may well become an evening meal that no modern electric stove can cook on any home.
Mackerel Marinade Recipes
Marinate mackerel for 20-30 minutes, all presented recipes were calculated on 1.5 kg of fish.
|refined olive oil –||¼ ordinary glass|
|lemon juice –||30 ml|
|lemon –||whole slice|
|chopped parsley –||2 tbsp. spoons|
|garlic (clove) –||2 pieces|
|white pepper ground salt –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 10 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 25 Kcal|
Mix olive oil with lemon juice, add a whole circle of lemon, chopped garlic, herbs, spices, mix. The resulting marinade pour the prepared mackerel. Leave for 20-30 minutes.
- peeled garlic (clove) – 3 pieces;
- Dijon mustard – 30 grams;
- a mixture of Italian herbs dried – 1 tbsp. spoon;
- white wine – ¼ glass;
- refined olive oil – 200 grams;
- sugar – 25 grams;
- ground pepper, salt are added to taste.
Marinade can be made in 10 minutes.
Grind the garlic cloves with sugar or grate it, you can simply chop with a knife. Combine in the bowl the oil with wine and mustard, beat well. Then add a mixture of Italian herbs and garlic, mix and beat again. Prepared mackerel pour Italian marinade.
The required set of ingredients:
- 20 ml of soy sauce;
- 200 ml of coconut milk;
- 75 g sugar (preferably brown);
- peeled garlic – 3 cloves;
- grated ginger – 3 tbsp. spoons;
- chili pepper;
- add salt to taste.
Cooking will take 10 minutes.
Chop garlic cloves, mix with brown sugar and grind well. In a wide bowl, mix coconut milk with soy sauce, grated ginger, chopped pepper, mashed garlic, stir and whisk.
Place the mackerel in a bowl, salt it, add the marinade and mix. Cover the dishes with a lid and put them in a cool place for 30 minutes for the fish to marinate..
Mackerel on the grill on the grill
Green stuffing and zest gives mackerel flavor and exquisite taste.
- 3 small mackerel;
- lemon and onion – 2 pieces;
- black pepper, salt – to taste;
- 2 bunches of your favorite herbs (choice: dill, parsley, basil or thyme);
The whole process will take: 40 minutes. Portion contains 199 kcal.
Recipe step by step:
Step 1. Rinse the mackerel thoroughly, remove the skeleton. Fish on the back do not cut, leave a whole piece.
Step 2. Peel the lemon, chop the zest.
Step 3. Squeeze juice from one lemon, chop the second one into thin slices..
Step 4. Wipe each carcass with lemon juice, make it inside and out.
Step 5. Chop greens, onions, add the zest, season with salt. Fill the mackerel carcasses with the mixture. Make shallow cuts on the skin and put thin slices of lemon in them. Put the fish in a cool place for 30 minutes.
Step 6. Fry the mackerel on the grill grate, turn the grill several times. Cook 10 minutes on each side..
Fish baked in foil
Special flavor gives this dish the aromas of ginger and dry wine, as well as lemon juice. Excellent taste combined with ease of preparation..
- Mackerel – 4 small carcasses;
- ginger root (fresh) – 1 piece;
- 0.4 kg tomatoes (plump);
- 0.1 kg of onions:
- bunch of green onions;
- lemons (medium-sized fruits) – 2 pieces;
- season with black pepper and salt to taste;
- 80 g dry wine.
Time required for cooking: 75 minutes. Portion contains 210 kcal.
How to cook:
- Wash the lemons, without removing the zest, cut into slices;
- Wash tomatoes, cut into thin slices with a sharp knife, chop the onion into rings;
- Place four rectangles of the foil for the grill on the working surface and put vegetables on each rectangle, mackerel on top with lemon slices, sprinkle with grated ginger, sprinkle with dry wine. Spice to taste;
- Raise the corners of the foil and wrap the fish. Foil bags should be spacious. Put them on the grill, fry on the grill for about 20 minutes until the mackerel is fully cooked;
- Put the fish on plates with foil, decorate with green onions.
Recipe for juicy mackerel shashlik
If you add sliced vegetables to the fish, you get a very tasty and satisfying side dish..
It will take:
- 2 mackerel;
- onions and carrots – 2 pieces each;
- sour cream or mayonnaise – at its discretion;
- use black pepper and salt to taste.
Total cooking time: 40 minutes, calorie content per 100 grams: 199 kcal.
How to cook:
- Prepared for frying, cut the fish into pieces weighing 40 grams, wash with water, rub with black pepper and salt, pour with lemon juice and leave to marinate for about 20 minutes;
- Grease mackerel with sour cream (mayonnaise) strung on metal skewers, interspersed with onion rings and carrots. Fry over hot coals in the grill (importantly, without flame) for 8-10 minutes;
- During frying, pieces of mackerel periodically grease with sour cream. Turn the skewers so that the fish roasts evenly;
- Before serving mackerel on a table, remove it from the skewers, put it on a warm dish, spread out a side dish of carrots and onions, roasted on skewers.
Before you put the mackerel on the grid or strung on the skewers, it should be placed in the marinade with a minimum amount of acid, herbs, soy sauce. Do not add a lot of sunflower or olive oil in the marinade, falling on the coals, it flashes with fire.
While cooking on the grill grate, the surface of the fish is slightly charred. It is appropriate to leave a little marinade to lubricate the finished mackerel, giving it a fresh and beautiful look..
Summing up, I would like to say that cooking shashlik from mackerel over hot coals requires some skill.
First, you need to pickle the fish. To do this, marinades of lemon juice, wine, Italian spices, soy sauce and coconut milk are suitable. They give mackerel a very special taste..
Secondly, ignite the coals, wait until they burn and are covered with white ash. Then fry whole carcasses on the grill grate, in the same way to cook fish in foil. Serve whole, sprinkle with herbs.