Chicken liver pancakes are a tasty, tender and fragrant treat that will not leave anyone indifferent. In addition, part of the chicken liver is very useful and contains vitamins and substances that are necessary for normal functioning of the whole organism..
How to cook this wonderful dish? Everything is very simple! But still, first you need to familiarize yourself with the recommendations for the selection and preparation of chicken offal.
How to choose and prepare chicken liver
What to look for when choosing a chicken liver:
- If it is of good quality and freshness, then its color will be brown with burgundy tint;
- The surface must be shiny and smooth;
- It should have a pleasant and slightly sweet smell. If the liver is not fresh, then it will smell of ammonia;
- If suddenly she has a light and slightly yellowish color, it means that the bird was sick and most likely was infected with Salmonella;
- If it has green spots, then it is not worth buying. These spots indicate that the gallbladder was damaged when it was pulled out. This liver will have a pronounced bitter taste;
- Do not buy an orange, loose, pale liver. This indicates that the storage conditions have not been respected..
|chicken liver –||0.5 kg|
|potato –||1 PC.|
|Luke –||1 PC.|
|eggs –||2 pcs.|
|wheat flour –||glass|
|baking powder –||20 grams|
|salt and spice –||taste|
|lean oils –||for frying|
|Time for preparing: 40 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 120 Kcal|
Step by step preparation:
The by-product is thoroughly washed and ground to a state of minced meat. For grinding, you can use a meat grinder. Also a blender is perfect for this purpose;
Potatoes should be washed and cleaned with his skin. Then rub it on a fine grater;
We peel the husks from the onion and cut them into small pieces;
Put the crushed liver in a cup, add the grated potatoes and chopped onion to it. We also lay there chicken eggs, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly;
Then pour the flour, baking powder and mix. The consistency of the mixture should be similar to sour cream;
The gas is put on a brazier. Next, pour vegetable oil into it and warm it up;
As soon as it warms up a little, scoop the liver mixture with a spoon and spread it in the form of round pancakes;
Fry over high heat on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
Tender pancakes from chicken liver and zucchini
Products you need:
- 700 grams of chicken liver;
- 200 grams of fresh bacon;
- 1 kilogram of fresh zucchini;
- Chicken eggs – 3 pieces;
- 2-3 bulbs;
- 400 grams of flour;
- Starch powder – 200 grams;
- 150 grams of stale bread;
- Salt and ground black pepper;
- Vegetable oil.
- The by-product should be rinsed and scrolled with lard. For skipping, you can use a meat grinder;
- Onions should be peeled and chopped with a knife;
- Put onion in mince and mix;
- With zucchini need to peel the skin, pull out the seeds and wipe with a fine grater;
- Then rubbed zucchini must be salted and left. After 15 minutes, they must be squeezed out of excess fluid;
- Next, lay out the zucchini in the stuffing and mix;
- Bread chopped into small pieces and lay out in stuffing;
- Pour into a mixture of flour, starch. We also lay there chicken eggs, salt, pepper and mix to a uniform consistency;
- We put a brazier on the fire, pour oil and heat it;
- As soon as the butter warms up, spread on it with a spoonful of minced meat in the form of round pancakes;
- Fry each side until golden brown for 5-6 minutes.
Liver pancakes with rice
- 650 grams of chicken offal;
- One onion;
- A glass of boiled rice;
- Flour – 100 grams;
- One egg;
- Salt and ground black pepper;
- Vegetable oil.
How to cook:
- The by-product must be washed and minced using a food processor, meat grinder or blender;
- The bulb must be peeled and cut into small pieces;
- Pour onion in mince and mix well;
- Fall asleep boiled rice and mix;
- Then pour the flour there, lay out the egg, salt, black pepper and mix. It should turn out not very thick mass;
- Next, a brazier is put on the stove, vegetable oil is poured there and heated;
- On the heated oil spread with a spoon stuffing in the form of round fritters;
- We burn them from both sides for about 3-4 minutes.
- In the mince you can put baking powder. It will give tenderness and softness to pancakes;
- Onions and potatoes can be crushed in a meat grinder, but it is best to cut them. In this state, they will give a good aroma and unusual taste;
- After frying the pancakes it is necessary to put on paper napkins so that the glass has excess oil;
- Rice is best used steamed. It will not stick together and will not become porridge when frying.
Chicken liver pancakes are a dish worth trying. It can be cooked for breakfast or dinner. They can also be served with various side dishes of vegetables or with sauces. They are best combined with sour cream sauce..
Just lay them on a plate and add a spoonful of sour cream. Be sure, this dish will turn out excellent and appetizing..