This dish has a fabulous story. So, according to the legend, the three eastern wanderers, gathering in the evening for the night by the fire, put into the common pot what everyone had: meat, flour and vegetables. The result was a hearty meal that went into cooking called “Lagman”.
How to cook this lamb dish according to a classic or simplified recipe in a cauldron or a slow cooker is described below. So that every housewife, having absolutely any level of culinary knowledge, will find the recipe she feels comfortable with and will be able to please her tired “traveler” who has returned from work.
|water –||2000 ml|
|lamb –||600 g|
|potato –||400-520 g|
|onions –||300 g|
|sweet bell pepper –||160-200 g|
|fresh tomatoes –||200 g|
|carrots –||150 g|
|daikon or radish –||100 g|
|garlic –||16 g|
|tomato paste –||50 g|
|paprika –||10 g|
|turmeric –||10 g|
|ground chili –||5 g (or to taste)|
|fenugreek (shambhala) –||10 seeds|
|wheat flour –||1000 g|
|eggs –||5 pieces.|
|Time for preparing: 150 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 165 Kcal|
There are more than a hundred Lagman recipes, but no matter what the various ingredients are included in the composition, the basis of the dish remains the same: meat, vegetables and homemade noodles.
In the historic homeland of the lagman, it is cooked from mutton, so it can be said that those who have not tried the lambman from mutton do not know what it is. Learn the taste of a true lagman, you can cook it at home, guided by a detailed recipe.
The recipe for cooking lambman lamb step by step:
- Laghman starts with noodles. For her, in a bowl with the flour sifted through a fine sieve, drive in eggs, add salt to the top and from the contents, adding just a few drops of water, knead a dense dough, like on dumplings;
- So that the dough does not become cloudy, it is wrapped in film or put in a pack. In this form, it should lie down for 30 minutes;
- After the test for noodles comes the turn of lamb and sauce. Wash the meat, blot with a paper towel, cut into medium-sized chunks and fold into a cauldron or thick-bottomed saucepan;
- Onions (it is better to take a little more) chop into half rings and send to the lamb. Add spices (paprika, chili, turmeric and fenugreek) and tomato paste, add water and put on the stove. In a boiling cauldron, lamb should spend about an hour until it is fully cooked;
- All vegetables should be washed, if necessary, peeled and peeled, and then cut into large chunks. When the meat will be laid out to him pre-prepared vegetables, salt and pour water, so that it completely covered them. After that, the sauce should be mixed as little as possible (therefore, a thick bottom pan is needed), so the vegetables will not turn into a shapeless porridge in the future;
- The dough for noodles, which has already managed to rest, divided into three equal parts. Roll each piece into the thinnest cake. To do this correctly, you can roll out the dough on a linen towel. The pellet will be the desired thickness when the pattern of the towel will be viewed;
- Spread the dough lightly (you can even say, powdered) with flour, roll them up and cut into narrow strips of noodles, which you boil in salted water;
- Arrange the noodles on plates, and topple pieces of meat, vegetables on it, and generously pour over the sauce. Serve hot.
Making exhaust or rolled noodles requires a lot of effort and effort, and it can be difficult for a novice cook to cope with this task..
Only it is not necessary in this connection to get upset ahead of time and put an end to their culinary abilities..
The skill and ability to cook home-made noodles will come with experience, but for now you can practice preparing a simplified version of the lambman of lamb with noodles from the store.
To cook a lagman for easy-cooks for beginners, you must have in the kitchen:
- 500 g of lamb;
- 500 grams of noodles (or spaghetti);
- 1500 ml of drinking water;
- 75 g onions;
- 300 g of eggplants;
- 75 g carrots;
- 160 g of sweet pepper;
- 50 g fresh hot pepper;
- 360 g fresh tomatoes;
- 260-420 grams of potatoes;
- 30 grams of greenery;
- 10 g of garlic;
- salt and traditional spices and spices to taste.
Preparing for this simplified recipe, the hostess will spend about one and a half hours in the kitchen.
Caloric content of the dish is 89.7 kcal / 100 g.
How to cook a simplified lambman of lamb at home:
- Fry meat prepared and cut in medium pieces in a cauldron. Since mutton is usually quite a fat type of meat, no additional oil will be needed;
- All vegetables washed, peeled and cut into small and small pieces (slices, slices, cubes, etc.);
- Add roasted vegetables to the roasted meat. First, onions, carrots, peppers (hot and sweet), eggplant. After them, sliced tomatoes, now the cauldrons need to be covered with a lid and let the vegetables stew for 5-10 minutes;
- Then add water, and after boiling, put in a cauldron (or pot) slices of potatoes. Bring the sauce to readiness for all ingredients, a few minutes before the end of cooking, add salt, garlic, spices and herbs;
- Boil noodles or spaghetti, following the instructions on the package, arrange in plates and pour over the sauce of lamb and vegetables.
Cooking lambman of lamb in a slow cooker
A good 50% lagman is properly prepared sauce, and the remaining 50% is tasty noodles. If you can cheat with noodles and buy it in the store, then you have to work hard over the sauce, although if the kitchen has a multicooker helper, then this part of the dish becomes not so difficult..
To prepare this Uzbek dish in a modern gadget you will need:
- 500 grams of fat mutton;
- 200 g homemade or shop noodles;
- 390 g of potato tubers;
- 80 g paprika;
- 100 g onions;
- 120 g carrots;
- 100 g of radish;
- 1000 ml of water for sauce;
- 30 grams of tomato paste;
- 15 grams of garlic;
- 30 g of dill or parsley for serving;
- salt and spices to taste.
It will take about 2 hours to cook the sauce in a slow cooker and boil the noodles..
The caloric value of this variant of the dish, calculated per 100 g, will be 86.0 kcal..
- In the multicast, using the option “Frying” or “Baking”, fry the lamb pieces to a beautiful golden color;
- After roasting the meat in a slow cooker, add shredded radish, carrots and onions. Mix everything thoroughly and fry for another 10-15 minutes;
- At the next stage, Bulgarian pepper and potatoes are sent to the multicastry. Dilute tomato paste in water and pour in vegetables and meat. Close the multicooker lid and turn on the Quenching program for 1.5 hours (90 minutes);
- 10 minutes before the end of the process, add garlic, spices and salt;
- In salted water, boil noodles homemade or purchased in the store;
- Put the ready-made noodles in plates, and the meat and vegetables on top of it with a multicastry sauce. Sending a plate to the dining table, do not forget to sprinkle it with chopped greens..
For cooking lagman better to choose fresh lamb. This can be a fat cut or ribs cut..
As for vegetables, then you should not limit yourself, you can use absolutely everything that will be in the kitchen. In addition to potatoes, carrots, peppers and onions, these can be eggplants, zucchini, radish, daikon, cabbage, summer squash, fresh tomatoes, etc..
Another incredibly important element of the sauce is spices. They should pay special attention. You can use ready-made mixtures of spices and spices (for example, hops-suneli) or individual spices (paprika, kukurma, cardamom, cumin, fenugreek, chili pepper and black ground). Do not forget about garlic and adjika, which will be an ideal addition to other ingredients..
Noodles, regardless of whether it is homemade or from a store, should not be digested. Otherwise, the appearance and taste of the dish will be irrevocably damaged..
Freshly cut greens (kanza, dill, dzhusay or parsley) will add to the lambman a lot of taste and make it more appetizing..