Laghman is a Central Asian dish prepared by Uigurs and Dungans living in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China and Uzbekistan. But, despite this, the treat has long been firmly entrenched in the menu of other nations, including in Russia..
But no wonder! This dish has a great taste, and its composition is quite diverse. It includes vegetables, potatoes, meat, and most importantly, long drawn noodles. What I want to note, noodles for him need to specifically cook.
|flour –||750 grams|
|baking soda –||1 small spoon|
|egg –||1 piece|
|water –||2 tbsp. spoons|
|vegetable oil –||Little|
|Time for preparing: 120 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 75 Kcal|
How to make noodles:
- first you need to sift the flour to remove all the garbage from it;
- put the flour in the cup, make a recess in the middle;
- we pour salt into the water and stir until dissolved;
- break the egg, lay it in a hollow in the flour, pour water with salt;
- Stir all ingredients thoroughly with a spoon, then knead the dough by hand. It should not be very steep, with a soft and elastic structure;
- wrap the dough with cling film, refrigerate for 1 hour;
- pour soda into the water, mix, remove the dough and lubricate its surface with a solution of water with soda;
- Leave to lie under the film base for noodles for a while;
- then we cut the dough into small strips, stretch them into medium bundles, lubricate with vegetable oil and leave to lie for a while;
- then again we pull them into smaller bundles;
- put a pot of water on the stove, add salt and heat to boil;
- after boiling the liquid, lay out the noodles, boil until cooked;
- remove the finished noodles from the water, add some oil and set aside. Now you can proceed to cooking lagman.
Uzbek lagman in a slow cooker
Prepare the following components:
- 500 grams of beef meat;
- noodles – 500 grams;
- onions – 2 pieces;
- carrot – 2 pieces;
- potatoes – 3 small tubers;
- one bell pepper;
- 2 hot chili peppers;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 1 turnip;
- 100 grams of green beans;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 8-10 sprigs of dill, parsley;
- 5-6 sprigs of celery;
- a bunch of onion dzhusaya;
- vegetable oil;
- some salt and spice.
How much to do – 1.5-2 hours.
How many calories per 100 grams – 195 kcal.
How to cook Uzbek lagman in a slow cooker:
- make noodles, boil and shift into a container, pre-lubricated with oil so that it does not stick together;
- clean the onions, potatoes, carrots, turnips. All rinsed;
- cut vegetables into medium slices;
- we lower tomatoes for several seconds in hot water, we remove from them a thin skin. We cut the peeled tomatoes in squares;
- sweet pepper cleanse the seeds, remove the stem. Cut the pepper into strips;
- cut the string beans into pieces about 3 cm in size;
- peel garlic cloves, skip through the crush;
- one hot pepper is shredded in the form of thin circles, which need to be cut into small pieces. We do not touch the second pod yet;
- wash the meat, cut into thin strips;
- pour oil into the bowl of the multicooker, pour the meat slices, select the “frying” mode;
- simmer the meat until all the liquid has completely evaporated;
- then pour the onion slices, mix and fry until golden brown;
- Fall asleep slices of potatoes, chili peppers, beans, turnip slices. We change the program for “extinguishing”, we prepare further;
- After about 10 minutes, we put tomatoes in the pan, put a whole pod of chili pepper. We mix everything, continue to stew;
- After 3-5 minutes, we put celery stalks into the container, sprinkle with seasoning and pour straw into straws;
- After 3 minutes, pour water over it so that it covers the vegetables;
- rinse the onion dzhusay, cut it into small pieces;
- after 10 minutes add finely chopped onion dzhusay, add some salt;
- change the mode to “heating”, leave to languish for another quarter of an hour;
- in a deep plate lay out some noodles, put vegetable cutting with meat on top, pour broth and decorate with lots of greens.
How to cook the Crimean Tatar Lagman
What is required for cooking:
- beef meat – 450-500 grams;
- 2 carrots;
- 3 potato tubers;
- 2 pieces of bell pepper;
- eggplants – 200 grams;
- 1 black radish;
- 3 medium tomatoes;
- 3 garlic teeth;
- 500 grams of noodles;
- 8 parsley stalks;
- 2 leaves of laurel;
- fat – 2 tablespoons;
- some salt;
- black pepper in a ground form to your taste;
Cooking time – 2 hours.
Nutritional value per 100 grams – 185 kcal.
We start cooking Lagman in Crimean Tatar:
- Boil noodles until cooked, put in a pan, pour with vegetable oil, set aside;
- potatoes, carrots peeled, washed and cut into small cubes;
- Bulgarian pepper cleaned of seeds, cut into strips;
- wash eggplants, cut into squares;
- my radish, cut into cubes;
- wash the meat, cut into strips;
- in the capacity of the multicooker we spread the fat or pour the oil, we lay out the meat, set the “frying” mode, leave to fry until the juice is completely evaporated;
- pour the tomatoes with hot water, remove the peel and mash into tomato puree. This can be done in a blender or manually using a grater;
- we fall asleep the cut vegetables to meat, we fry some time;
- in 10-15 minutes, pour all the components with tomato puree, pour a glass of water, change the mode to “quench” and cook for a quarter of an hour;
- After that, we lay out the chopped garlic, add some salt, season with spices and leave to stew for another 15 minutes. Then turn off and let stand in the “heated” mode for 15 minutes;
- Spread noodles on plates, spread vegetables on top, sprinkle with tomato broth and sprinkle with plenty of greens.
Quick dish option
- beef – half a kilo;
- spaghetti – 400 grams;
- onion – 2 heads;
- carrot – 1 piece;
- tomatoes – 2 pieces;
- one radish;
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 piece;
- potatoes – 3 pieces;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- some vegetable oil;
- salt to taste;
- spices for lagman.
Cooking time – 1.5-2 hours.
How many calories per 100 grams – 180 kcal.
How to cook a quick lagman in the Redmond unit:
- To start, boil spaghetti until cooked, rinsed and put into a saucepan. Pour vegetable oil to the noodles are not stuck together;
- wash the meat, cut into small cubes;
- in the capacity of the multicooker we pour vegetable oil, lay out the meat, select the frying mode and fry;
- in 10 minutes we pour in an incomplete glass of water, transfer to the extinguishing mode and leave the beef to cook for 40 minutes;
- vegetables, all washed, peeled and diced, chop the pepper into strips;
- after the beep of the multicooker, change the mode to frying, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil;
- we put onion and carrot to the meat, mix everything and leave to fry for a couple of minutes;
- then lay out potatoes, radish, tomatoes, peppers. All stir;
- season with salt, spices;
- pour water so that it covers all the ingredients. We leave to prepare for 1 hour;
- 10 minutes before the end, add garlic;
- then put spaghetti on the plates, put vegetables on top, pour broth, sprinkle with greens.
Tips from experienced chefs
- Be sure to use as much greens as possible. Greens can be used any – dill, parsley, onion dzhusay, celery, cilantro. The main thing – it should be put when the dish is fully prepared;
- the more vegetables with meat will languish in the broth, the tastier they will be;
- after cooking in the noodles add a little oil so that it does not stick together.
Laghman in a slow cooker is a fairly substantial main course, which consists of a large number of vegetables. Such a variety makes this dish incredibly tasty, in front of which hardly anyone can resist. Although during the preparation will have to work a little, but it’s worth it!