Khachapuri is the pride of Georgian national cuisine. It is a big pie or a cake with cheese filling inside. The dish is made from any dough: sand, yeast or puff.
The main ingredient is matsoni. Due to the fact that the product is not always available for sale, many chefs have got the hand to replace it with ordinary kefir or ryazhenka.
|Flour –||600 g|
|Butter –||250 g|
|Egg –||3 pcs.|
|Salt, sugar –||taste|
|Kefir –||200 ml|
|Soft cheese –||300 g|
|Fresh greens –||bundle|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 330 Kcal|
Khachapuri stuffed with cheese is considered one of the classic variations of this dish..
Mix together one egg and fresh kefir, salt and add sugar. We mix everything well and pour a pound of crushed flour in small portions. Knead the base, cover with a bowl and leave to rest. Pour the remaining flour onto a dry, flat surface, cut the frozen oil on top, and chop the entire mass with a wide knife until a homogeneous mass is formed. Formed from flour crumb com and cool it.
We roll out the unleavened dough, put the creamy one in the center, roll it up in the form of a sheet and roll it out with a rolling pin until a whole is formed. Again, roll up and roll out. Sent to cool for an hour.
Boil the remaining eggs. Cheese shred slices. Remove the dough, divide in half and roll out. On one part lay a mixture of eggs, cheese and herbs. We cover the top with the second part, well we bind the edges and fry in a dry frying pan until done. It usually takes about 8 minutes for each side..
Khachapuri with cottage cheese on a puff basis
For a tasty khachapuri with cottage cheese, it is recommended to add a small piece of cheese in the filling (preferably with a lower content of whey).
- Flour – 450 g;
- Butter – 200 g;
- Egg – 1 pc .;
- Ryazhenka – 250 ml;
- Salt, sugar – a little bit;
- White cheese – 250 g;
- Fat cottage cheese – 300 g;
- Basil – a few twigs;
- Baking Powder – 1 Pack.
Immerse the butter in the freezer. Mix warm ryazhenka, egg and sugar. We mix everything. Pour on a bit dilapidated baking powder, salt and 300 grams of flour. Knead the dough. Cover dishes and let lie.
We shake the remaining flour onto the surface and cut the frozen butter on top. All combine in one and cool. Roll out the base into a long rectangle, put a flour and flour mass on the edge and wrap like a sheet.
Roll out with a rolling pin from the center to the edges until the dough is smooth. We fold again and roll out. The process is repeated six times. We wrap the ready mixture with a bag and send to cool..
Combine chopped cheese, cottage cheese and basil in one bowl. We all have a fork in order to achieve uniformity.
Activate the electric oven. Roll out the dough, in the center lay out the stuffing and fasten the edges. In the center we leave a hole so that the shape resembles a boat Immerse bake for half an hour. After removing the dish, you can grease the top with butter. So khachapuri will be even softer.
Khachapuri with Suluguni cheese
It’s easy to buy ready-made dough and cook khachapuri with suluguni at home in the kitchen.
- Puff pastry – 550 g;
- Suluguni cheese – 350 g;
- Fresh greens – a bunch;
- Butter – 150 g;
- Egg – 2 pcs.
Defrost the finished puff pastry. Cheese and butter rubbed on a grater, hammered an egg and add greens.
We mix everything well. Heat electric ovens up to 180 ° С.
Roll out the dough and cut randomly into diamonds.
In the center we put the cheese filling, we pin the edges in the form of an envelope and spread it on a baking sheet.
Bake for half an hour. You can fluff with a beaten egg and saute.
Khachapuri with the most tender with meat
Khachapuri can be stuffed not only with dietary stuffing, but also with meat.
- Ready puff pastry – 1 pack;
- Pork (pulp) – 500 g;
- Onions – 2 pcs .;
- Egg – for lubrication;
- Spices – to taste;
- Butter – 100 g .;
- Adjika – 2 tbsp. l .;
- Water – 0.5 cups;
- Salt – to taste.
We pass through the grinder pre-washed and diced meat. Along with it – peeled onions. Add adjika, salt and grated butter.
All carefully knead. We look at the texture. If it came out too cool, pour in warm boiled water. Spice up the spices and give to marinate.
We defrost the dough, divide it into strips and roll out. Cut into squares 5 × 5 centimeters. Overlay the filling in the center. According to this principle, we form all the pastries..
Shifting on a baking sheet, buttered with an egg, dip on top of the egg and immerse in a pre-heated oven for half an hour.
Khachapuri at home
- Puff pastry dough – 600 g;
- Sour cream – 200 ml;
- Garlic – 3 cloves;
- Fresh greens – a bunch;
- Egg – 7 pcs .;
- Salt, spices – to taste;
- Butter – for lubrication.
Boil two eggs, chop into cubes. Mix with chopped garlic, sour cream and herbs. Defrost the finished dough. Cut into strips.
In the center lay out the prepared stuffing. We fasten the edges in the form of a boat, leaving a hole. This is best done by rolling. We spread on a baking sheet, oiled with butter.
In the center of each semi-finished product we drive in an egg, add some salt and spice it with spices. Immerse to bake in the previously heated electric oven for half an hour.
- If you have limited time for cooking puff pastry, you can replace it with a shop. But be sure to choose yeast. It is easier to form a boat from it, and the filling will not flow out;
- Instead of suluguni, you can use regular mozzarella, but then do not put the greens so that the filling is not too wet;
- Make sure that the dairy products used in the base, were at room temperature, it will contribute to easy mixing;
- Before adding raw eggs to the filling, pour boiling water over them and wipe with a dry towel;
- To make the filling juicier, rub the butter into it;
- Khachapuri is eaten hot, only removed from the stove. But if they are cold, you can warm it up in the microwave and the taste will not be worse;
- Be sure to let the dough rest after kneading so that the gluten swells, and it does not stick to your hands and become more pliable;
- If too salty cheese is caught, it must be soaked for about three hours;
- If there is no matsoni, it is replaced with any fermented milk product. But you can make matsoni with your own hands. This will require a milk bank (three liters). Heat slightly, add three tablespoons of sour cream, mix everything well. Wrap a warm towel overnight. Cool in the morning.
Thank you for your interest in the recipes of our site. Cook with pleasure, each time better and better honing your culinary skills!