Dried meat is a delicacy, which, as a rule, not everyone can afford to buy, as it is quite expensive in stores. Yes, and one can easily doubt its quality – there are very few conscientious manufacturers who will not use preservatives, flavor enhancers, flavors and other food additives in production..
But to cook this delicacy at home is not at all difficult and, by the way, much cheaper than buying a finished product..
The choice of meat for jerking must be approached with extreme caution. Since it is in the process of cooking will not be heat treated, there is a risk of infection with worms and other pathogens of various diseases. That is why meat must be taken from reliable suppliers who have sanitary certificates about their raw materials.
|pork loin –||2 kg|
|rock salt (coarse) –||150 g|
|pepper mix –||20 g|
|spicy-aromatic blend “For meat” –||25 g|
|granulated garlic –||20 g|
|ground bay leaf –||1 tsp.|
|Time for preparing: 9000 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 291 Kcal|
- Prepare the loin: first you need to wash it, and then dry it with kitchen towels (paper). Place a piece of loin in a container and rub it with rock salt on all sides, rub in the salt thoroughly, with massage movements. Cover the container with a lid and refrigerate for 2 days. Important! Periodically turn the meat from side to side and drain the resulting juice;
- Prepare the curing aromatic mixture: mix in a bowl “For meat”, ground bay leaf and granulated garlic;
- After the time allotted for salting, remove a piece of pork from the container, clean it from excess salt, and then rub it on all sides with the prepared spicy-aromatic mixture;
- Wrap the loin in several layers of gauze, tie with a string and hang directly in the kitchen, in the place where there is the most air circulation;
- After 4 days, a delicacy of dried pork is ready! This product is stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks (wrapped in food parchment).
How to make dry jerked beef dry
Do you know a universal meat dish, which is suitable as a snack for beer, and for preparing savory and healthy sandwiches will fit, and besides, it will not be a shame to serve it on a festive table? Not? But I know! Dried beef! It is being prepared without any difficulties, and the result will surpass all expectations. The meat is moderately dried and tender, with individually selected spices, as well as without excess salt (in comparison with the store counterpart).
- beef tenderloin – 1.5 kg;
- coarse sea salt – 800 g;
- Cognac – 50 ml;
- dry red wine – 50 ml;
- basil (dry ground) – 20 g;
- rosemary (dry) – 20 g;
- ground red pepper – 1 tsp.
Cooking time: 8 days.
Calories per 100 g: 155 kcal.
- To prepare a jerked delicacy, select a beautiful piece of beef tenderloin, peeled from the fat layer and trimmed from the film;
- Prepare the curing mixture: in a deep bowl, mix sea salt, brandy, port wine, red pepper and aromatic herbs (basil and oregano);
- In a glass or plastic container, place half the salting mix, put beef on top of it, and then cover it with the remaining half of the mixture. Cover the container with a lid (if there is no lid, tighten it with food film) and store for 24 hours in the refrigerator;
- After a day, remove the meat from the container and wash away any salt residue. Then carefully dry it and wrap in linen fabric, tie it crosswise with culinary thread and hang it in a cool ventilated place for 7 days;
- A week later, “Polendvitsu” can be deployed. If you wish, you can rub the finished product with flakes of sweet paprika – this will add aesthetics and add flavor..
How to cook chicken with garlic
Dried chicken meat, soaked with fragrant garlic is the most budget, but no less tasty version of this type of delicacy. The cost price of the chicken balyk is minimal, and the taste is simply amazing, so its attractiveness instantly increases, you can safely and without any hesitation start preparing it.
- chicken breasts (fillets) – 4 pcs .;
- sea salt large – 2 tablespoons l .;
- white crystalline sugar – 1 tbsp .;
- vodka – 50 ml;
- Spicy Curry Spice Blend – 25 g;
- a mixture of “Provencal herbs” – 15 g;
- granulated garlic – 20 g.
Cooking time: 5 days.
Caloric content per 100 g: 145 kcal.
- The first thing that needs to be done to prepare a tasty, dry-cured chicken fillet is to prepare a high-quality curing mixture. To do this in a deep bowl, mix sea salt, sugar, a mixture of spices “Curry Spicy”, “Provence herbs” and vodka;
- Next, prepare the breasts: release the fillet from the skin, bones, as well as clean the film. In a glass container, place half of the curing mixture, lay it in one row of chicken fillet, and then cover it with the second half of the spicy-salty mixture;
- Cover the container with a lid and leave at room temperature for 8-10 hours;
- After the specified time, wash the fillet from salt and dry thoroughly (it is very convenient to do this with disposable kitchen towels);
- Rub dried garlic breasts with granulated garlic (fresh is not recommended, to avoid moldiness during the drying process), then wrap in cotton cloth (envelope), tie it with a cooking thread and hang it in a ventilated place;
- After 4 days, dried jerky amber chicken will be completely ready to eat. Slice it into thin slices and serve..
Tip: it is necessary to salt the meat in a glass or plastic container, as the metal in the process of salting will be oxidized.
Enjoy your meal!