The traditional dish of oriental cuisine – plov – has long taken root in the menu of many Russian families. True, they prepare it all differently, departing from his original recipe..
Yes, and dishes for cooking now used different, despite the fact that the “real” pilaf cooked in a cauldron.
This article will discuss the process of cooking pilaf in a pressure cooker.
|lamb meat –||1.5 kg|
|steamed rice cereal –||2 st.|
|bow –||0.5 kg|
|carrot –||0.6 kg|
|sunflower oil –||3 tbsp. l.|
|barberry, zira, turmeric, pepper and salt –||taste|
|unpeeled garlic cloves –||5 pieces.|
|water –||as needed|
|Time for preparing: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 150 Kcal|
Traditional pilau cooked with lamb.
How to cook pilaf in Uzbek pressure cooker:
- Mutton meat must be well washed and cut into small pieces;
- Peel and chop the onion;
- Washed and peeled carrots cut into cubes;
- Pour the butter into the pressure cooker, put the chopped onion, fry for a couple of minutes;
- After that, send the meat to the onion and sweat it all under a lid for about 2 minutes. Then add carrots and simmer for another 7 minutes, but do not cover with a lid;
- Season the contents of the pressure cooker with spices, add water so that the meat is completely covered. Close the lid and put to stew for 20 minutes;
- After 20 minutes, pour rice into the pressure cooker with meat, spreading it evenly over the surface. No need to mix;
- To prevent the rice from sticking together and the dish was crumbly, the pilaf should be filled with warm or hot water so that its level is 2 cm above the surface of the cereal. All salt, again without stirring, cover with a lid and leave to prepare until the complete disappearance of water;
- As soon as the rice swells, and the water disappears, you need to remove the lid from the pressure cooker and insert garlic cloves into the center of the dish. In several places of rice to make holes for steam, turn on the mode of cooking cereals and cook another quarter of an hour.
Chicken pilaf in a pressure cooker
What is required:
- chicken meat – 200 g;
- rice – 400 g;
- bulbs – 1 pc;
- carrot – 150 g;
- water – 500 ml;
- salt – 1 tsp;
- pepper – to taste;
- seasoning for pilaf – 2 tablespoons;
- oil – 2 tbsp. l.
Culinary process takes 40 minutes.
100 g of pilaf contains 165 kcal.
- Chicken meat must be well washed, separated from the skin and crushed into pieces;
- Pour butter on the bottom of the pressure cooker and send the chopped meat to the same place;
- Fry the chicken until crusted;
- Finely chop the onion and carrot and send to the chicken, fry for a couple of minutes;
- After 2 minutes it is necessary to season the meat with spices for pilaf, salt and pepper;
- Mix well;
- After that, rinsed rice should be poured over the meat and evenly leveled;
- Pour hot water so that it covers the rice, but at the same time its level does not significantly rise above the grain;
- Close the next pilaf lid and cook for about 20 minutes;
- The cooked chicken dish can be served with finely chopped greens..
Recipe of pilaf with pork in a multi-cooker-pressure cooker
An excellent alternative to a cauldron for cooking plov can be a Redmond pressure cooker. The dish turns out crumbly, tasty and fragrant..
List of ingredients:
- pork meat – 0.4 kg;
- rice – 1 cup;
- carrot – 2 pcs .;
- onion – 1 pc .;
- special seasoning for pilaf – 1 pack;
- water – 500 ml;
- salt, pepper – to taste.
On the creation of pilaf with pork will take 40 minutes.
The energy value of 100 g is 318 kcal.
So, the process of cooking is as follows:
- Start cooking with the preparation of pork. Meat wash well and turn into pieces the size of 2–3 cm;
- Pour a small amount of oil into the prepared pressure cooker and fry in uncut meat for about 10 minutes;
- As soon as the meat acquires a characteristic golden color, send crushed onions and carrots to it. All fry for another 5-7 minutes;
- After the time has elapsed, sprinkle the pilaf spice on meat and vegetables, mix everything thoroughly;
- Next, put the washed rice on top of the roasted meat, pour all over with water so that the rice is completely submerged in the liquid. Salt and pepper. Garlic can be added if desired and for savory taste;
- The final stage will be the installation of the “Pilaf” mode on the multi-cooker-pressure cooker, which is designed for 15 minutes;
- The finished dish will exude a delicious aroma, its consistency will be crumbly. Serve with chopped greens..
Tips for beginners
- In order for the pilaf to turn out crumbly at the “exit”, it is necessary to give preference to steamed rice, rather than round-grained rice. Steamed cereals are stronger and, when cooked, do not stick together or boil soft;
- In order to taste truly traditional plov, then use lamb. It is this type of meat that gives the dish a characteristic oriental taste. Moreover, you need to choose either brisket or a spatula, since in these parts of the lamb there is more meat and less fat;
- One of the eastern secrets of cooking is the technology of laying ingredients. The bottom is laid out meat, vegetables, and the “tip” is rice;
- In the process of cooking the ingredients are not mixed;
- The flavor of the dish gives not only meat, but also spices for it. The ideal option would be spices, which are individual components, not a mixture. You can pick up such seasonings on the market.
Having prepared a delicious, homemade pilaf, you can feel the whole “magic” of the east. It is not necessary to use traditional dishes, you can create a culinary creation with the help of modern devices: multicookers or pressure cookers.