Halibut is a fish that is not only very healthy and tasty, it is also universal. Halibut is smoked, salted, boiled, steamed, fried, baked – in all forms it is equally good.
In addition to meat, halibut is a supplier of caviar, which in Russia is not very well known, but in Japan it surpasses in demand and popularity the famous Tobiko – caviar of flying fish. And halibut liver is several times larger than cod liver in all characteristics, both in terms of its benefits and culinary.
As for the calorie content, then for halibut it ranges from 105 to 135 kcal per 100 g, while the fish may well become the basis of nutrition for certain diets, since the content of the main substances in 100 g of halibut meat is:
- proteins – from 19 to 20 g;
- fats – from 2.5 to 4 g;
- carbohydrates are missing.
There is a lot of ways to cook something delicious and unusual in your own kitchen from a halibut; moreover, such a dish will be not only original, but also useful..
|halibut –||1 PC.|
|unscented vegetable oil –||three art. l.|
|lemons –||2-3 pieces.|
|soy brown sauce –||two art. l.|
|spicy, can be fruit, sauce –||three art. l.|
|butter –||40-50 g|
|white and black ground pepper, salt –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 40 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 165 Kcal|
This is a solemn, even status dish, which immediately indicates that the feast is on an important occasion..
And it is prepared surprisingly simple. The biggest difficulty that will be encountered is the purchase of a suitable whole carcass of fish, preferably chilled rather than frozen..
You can bake both one and several fish at the same time, it depends on your own desire and the size of the oven, the cooking process will not change:
- clean the fish without damaging its skin;
- remove all insides;
- rinse and dry well; paper kitchen towels are ideal for this;
- It is good to grease a baking sheet or any form intended for roasting fish;
- rub the carcass of halibut with salt and pepper outside, and, a little salt and pepper inside, place belly down on the baking sheet;
- cut lemon rings or half rings, put around the fish, partially under the carcass and on the halibut itself, if desired, you can add a couple of rings and inside;
- sprinkle the fish with oil and put in a preheated to 200, but not higher, oven for 25-35 minutes;
- combine the sauce in an enamel bowl, add butter and bring to a boil over a quiet fire and survive the juice of the remaining lemons in the gravy;
- put the finished fish on a serving, in-depth dish, decorate and serve to the table;
- gravy can either be served separately, in a sauce-box, or pour halibut with it, depending on the desire and convenience for guests.
A rigorous and always a furor dish sometimes seems boring. In this case, you should not discard the use of halibut, just enough to diversify the recipe for cooking fish in the oven, for example, bake a carcass or portioned fillet in foil with vegetables.
How to cook fish with vegetables in foil
Very tasty and delicious dish that can be cooked from whole carcasses, from their halves, or from portioned pieces of fillet. The recipe process itself will not change..
Pieces of fillet are most in demand for such a dish, due to the complete lack of bones, convenient form for wrapping with foil and greater accessibility, because briquettes are sold in the freezing departments. Therefore, consider the recipe using fillets.
It will take:
- standard package of frozen halibut fillet – 6 briquettes;
- 1-2 celery peeled root;
- scallions, parsley and dill – 300 g;
- flat bright carrots – 2 or 3 pcs .;
- packing butter weighing 150 g;
- tarragon – ½ tsp;
- large garlic – 2 or 3 even cloves;
- salt and ground black pepper, depending on taste.
The calorie content of the dish will be 178 kcal / 100 g, and it will take about half an hour to prepare it..
This recipe is universal because you can change vegetables in it – the result will always be delicious..
How to cook:
- you need to leave the filet to defrost and prepare greens and vegetables;
- cut carrots and celery into thin rings; chop greens and leave in a ceramic bowl;
- put together a little green, crushed garlic, tarragon and butter, salt and pepper, you can use a blender – you should get a kind of butter cream;
- Each of the thawed briquettes put on large pieces of foil, spread the oil mixture on top, spread out sliced vegetables on it, sprinkle with greens again;
- wrap the foil without damaging it and leaving no gaps;
- lay out the resulting “envelopes” or bags on a baking sheet, and send in the middle of an oven heated to 200 degrees for 20 or 25 minutes;
- take out the finished dish and, after letting it cool down a little, serve up the table – it can be served directly in foil, this will keep the temperature and not lose the juice, but you can take it off, but then it is better to do it in deep portions, sprinkle fish before serving without foil the remaining greens.
Very good dish, suitable both for a holiday, and for a usual supper. But, sometimes, especially on chilly off-season evenings, I want something less sophisticated and more southern. And in this case, halibut can help out if it is baked in tomato sauce..
Fillet of halibut in tomato sauce in the oven
For many Russians, the combination of fish and tomato sauce is surprising. However, this is a classic reception of Italian cuisine, and a very piquant, very appetizing fusion..
Cooking such a dish is better on the basis of briquettes of halibut fillet, it is more convenient for both the cooking process and its use..
It will take:
- packaging of frozen halibut fillets, that is, 6 briquettes;
- onions, juicy, not frozen – 2 or 3 pcs .;
- tomato paste, preferably without a starch content – 250 g;
- butter, can and ghee – 50 g;
- vegetable oil that does not have the flavor – 2 tbsp. l .;
- garlic, smooth, large, in the amount of 3 or 4 cloves;
- cheese – 100-150 g;
- any greens – 150 g;
- 3-4 dense tomatoes;
- salt, ground white pepper and sugar to taste.
The calorie content of the dish will be 190 kcal / 100 g, and it will take about half an hour to prepare it..
The dish for this recipe is surprisingly well combined with pasta as a side dish, which is not surprising, since it uses almost the same ingredients as in classic Italian pasta with fish..
Cooking this original dish is easy:
- leave fish briquettes to defrost;
- chop onions and garlic, fry them together, until golden onion;
- grate cheese and leave aside;
- cut the greens and just leave aside;
- grease the baking dish;
- place the halibut briquettes in the form, sprinkle with pepper, salt to taste;
- put onions with garlic on each piece of fish fillet and put on a piece of butter;
- lay out tomato paste so that it completely covers the briquettes and sprinkle with sugar;
- cover half the prepared greens and cheese;
- put in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees for 20 minutes;
- cut the tomatoes into slices;
- get the finished dish, arrange in plates, decorate with slices of tomato and the remaining greens;
- set the table.
A wonderful evening in the spirit of dishes from Milan restaurants is guaranteed, but interesting combinations of products in taste and appearance are not always appropriate..
For example, in the winter frost you want something solid, dense, traditional … and then halibut cooked in the oven with potatoes will come to the rescue, it will be as tasty as it was cooked in a Russian oven.
How to cook fish in the oven with potatoes
Cooking options for halibut with potatoes are many, you can cook in pots, in foil, use whole fish and fillets, with whole potatoes or grated like cheese.
The half carcasses of fish are prepared most easily and quickly, and the finished dish looks like an exemplary illustration for traditional Russian cooking aids..
For this masterpiece will require:
- half carcass of halibut, cut lengthwise, is very convenient if it is a fillet, but always with preserved skin;
- medium sized boiled potatoes – 5-6 pcs .;
- boiled carrots, dense, bright color, smooth – 1-2 pcs .;
- liquid sour cream – 200 g;
- garlic, large, “evil” and biting, fresh – 2-3 cloves;
- dill – packaging or bundle – 150 g;
- soft butter, you can use the spread – 50 g;
- salt and pepper mixture to taste.
The calorie content of the dish will be 220 kcal / 100 g, and it will take about half an hour to prepare it..
To serve this dish you will need deep oval plates, like herring bowls or fish salad bowls, with such a serving the food will look more impressive and appetizing.
Cooking this dish is extremely simple:
- grease a pan with a high side or shape;
- salt and pepper the half-carcass on the side where there is no skin;
- place on a baking sheet, skin up;
- it is possible to surround the halibut with potatoes cut in half lengthwise in the skin, if it is very thin, alternating them with circles of carrots;
- chop the dill, crush the garlic, mix part of the greens and all the garlic with sour cream and the remaining butter, you can blender;
- pour the sour cream mixture of halibut and put in the oven, already heated to 200 degrees, for 10-20 minutes;
- put the finished dish in the plates in the same form in which it was baked and decorate with the remaining greens.
A very beautiful Christmas look for halibut cooked this way and an equally delicate flavor..
The calorie content of all the listed dishes per hundred grams ranges from 165 to 220 kcal, which completely allows them to eat even with the most strict diet..
The successful cooking of halibut in the oven has a number of nuances:
- when baking the whole fish, it is better to buy a carcass already gutted and peeled to the skin – this will save time and energy, and also guarantee that beautiful skin will not be damaged during the cleaning;
- preparing the halibut fillet with vegetables in the foil, you can use frozen mixtures, but they must be defrosted beforehand, and allowed to drain all excess liquid;
- when cooking fish with tomato sauce, you can add to the onions and garlic finely chopped, without seeds, pickles, this will give a special piquancy;
- baking the fish in the oven with potatoes, potatoes can be pre-fried in deep fat to give them a beautiful golden color.
Halibut is a unique product, versatile for cooking everything from hot to Japanese dishes, but when cooked in an oven, this fish is especially good, immediately becoming the central focus on the table when serving, even when there are other, more troublesome dishes.