Hot first courses have always been one of the main components of the menu in Russia. The soup, which was prepared from a different set of vegetables in meat broth, or even just on water, enjoyed particular success..
Soups are popular today, but many of those who like this culinary brand can not understand what is the difference between soup and borsch? First of all, the fact that the latter certainly included beets, which were not supposed to be served in the first courses.
Now he still saves us from avitaminosis in early spring and diversifies the table at the height of summer. In addition, some types of green cabarets are quite low-calorie, so they are perfect for those who, as summer heat approaches, think about how to lose a few kilograms that have accumulated over the winter.
Over the years, many different recipes have been invented for this tasty dish – from simple to exquisite. We invite you to meet some of them..
|young sorrel –||100 g|
|parsley –||5 g|
|dill –||5 g|
|onions –||10 g|
|butter or margarine –||12 g|
|sour cream –||20 g|
|Time for preparing: 30 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 30 Kcal|
Cooking soup is best in the oven, and not in a simple pot, but in a cast-iron pot. The procedure for cooking soup from sorrel is as follows:
- Peel the potatoes, boil whole and cool, then cut into cubes.
- Broth strain.
- Chop vegetables, add butter / margarine and a little broth, stew for 5-7 minutes.
- Put potato cubes in a pot, pour broth, bring to a boil and turn off the oven in two minutes.
Salt, sprinkle with dill and sour cream before serving.
Classic sorrel soup includes:
- kilogram of beef or veal (bone with pulp) – can be defrosted, but better than steam;
- four medium sized potato tubers;
- one small carrot;
- one medium onion;
- three boiled chicken eggs;
- three bundles of sorrel (those who like sour, you can and more);
- bunch of green onions;
- bunch of parsley;
- a bunch of fresh dill;
- two leaves of laurel;
- one hundred grams of sour cream;
- salt and black pepper (peas or ground) – to taste.
Cooking time – 30 minutes (not counting the cooking of meat).
Calories per 100 grams – 40.
Green soup with sorrel, meat and egg are prepared in the following order:
- Rinse the meat under a stream, put it in a saucepan and add water, after boiling, reduce the heat and cook for about an hour until it becomes soft; salt 5-10 minutes before it is fully cooked.
- Leaving the pan on the fire, remove the meat, cut into pieces and sprinkle with chopped green onions, which are pre-salted slightly, so that the juice appears. If green was not at hand, it is quite possible to apply onions, cut into half rings, sprinkle with salt and slightly mashed.
- Cook the onions and carrots. The first cut into cubes, the second – straws. Put everything in a pot of boiling broth. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Potatoes are boiled quickly, in 7-10 minutes: they must be cut and dipped in broth after onions and carrots. Lavrushka is added last, as well as salt and pepper..
- While vegetables are boiling, you need to prepare a “sourness”: rinse under a cold stream, remove petioles and cut across the leaves. Put everything in the broth, when the potatoes are cooked, wait until it boils, and turn off the fire.
- Dill and parsley can be put into the pan with sorrel, or you can simply chop up and sprinkle the ready-made dish spilled on the plates..
- Also crumbled boiled eggs and sour cream are added to already spilled soup..
Ready – welcome to the table.
The specified volume of products is designed for six servings, but if this is too much for you, it is very easy to reduce it..
Green Wizard Soup
The next version of the dish – soup of sorrel in chicken broth with celery and egg. Along with this tasty and healthy dish spring warmth and lively solar energy flow into the body. Try it – see for yourself!
It consists of:
- three liters of chicken broth;
- a thick bundle of sorrel (so that it cannot be wrapped around the fingers of one hand);
- three large potatoes;
- four hard-boiled chicken eggs;
- medium sized bulbs;
- one large carrot;
- a pair of celery stalks – preferably young;
- small bunches of green onions and parsley;
- one pinch of black pepper;
- salt – as much as you like.
Food will be ready in 30-40 minutes.
100 grams of food contains 50 kcal.
- We begin, naturally, with chicken – giblets, washed and boiled. If the bird is fat, it is better to drain the first broth, pouring fresh water, the soup will not be so nourishing, and the meat will become softer. Part of the chicken, crumbled into pieces, later add to the soup, from the rest you can cook the second dish.
- While the chicken is boiling, prepare a set of vegetables: peel potatoes, carrots and onions; if the celery is not very young, remove the hard veins from the bottom up, carefully picking them up with a knife.
- Wash peeled vegetables under running water. Potatoes and carrots, you must cut into cubes, celery – across the stem, fold the leaves of sorrel “pile” and cut first along, then across. It is not necessary to chop too small.
- Remove the finished chicken from the pan and put the potatoes there. When the broth begins to boil, you need to remove the foam and add the remaining vegetables – let them boil for another ten minutes.
- Final touch: finely chop the greens and eggs, pour into the saucepan, mix well and remove from the fire in exactly three minutes..
- Immediately after that, salt and pepper. By adding salt and pepper only after readiness, we thus preserve the natural taste of the dish, avoiding “overrun”.
If desired, you can add sour cream to the plate, but without it, the soup will be a combination.
Spring Vitamin Soup in a Multicooker
Sorrel is in perfect harmony with young nettle. Both of these plants are a real source of vitamin C, which is so necessary for our body after a long, cold winter. Using the slow cooker, it is very easy to cook the tasty first of them..
It will require:
- 4 pieces of chicken wings;
- 1 bundle of sorrel and nettle (greens must be young and fresh);
- a pair of small tubers of potatoes;
- one medium carrot;
- onion turnip – a small head;
- green onion feather – 30 g;
- one chicken egg;
- one and a half liters of water;
- sour cream, spices, salt – to taste.
All cooking will take no more than an hour..
100 gr. ready meal – 45 kcal.
The process of making sorrel soup with nettle in spring in a slow cooker:
- With the wings to remove the skin, wash and separate the meat from the bones.
- Peel carrots, grate; diced onion head.
- Put meat and vegetables in a slow cooker, add water, add spices and salt.
- Set the cooking mode for half an hour.
- In half an hour, put potatoes into cubes in a slow cooker and, without changing the regimen, cook another 10 minutes.
- Sorrel and nettle leaves cut across thin strips.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add all the greens and continue cooking for another 5 minutes..
- Whisk the egg with a whisk in a bowl and, upon hearing the beep, pour it into the soup in a neat stream and stir it quickly at the same time so that the flakes do not form..
- After a couple of minutes, turn off the slow cooker – a light and tasty vitamin soup is ready. If desired, the meat can be eliminated from the recipe, and a raw egg can be replaced with boiled meat, finely chopped. When serving, put a spoonful of sour cream on each plate..
Such a variety of tastes can give us such an unpretentious grass, like sorrel, growing literally in every garden and not requiring special care and attention. Even not too experienced mistress will always be able to pamper herself and her home with simple and delicious first courses “with green sourness”..