Gooseberry jam with oranges is adored in almost every home, as the final result is always beautiful, tasty and fragrant.
And its scent on winter days will be a reminder of the bright, sunny summer.
Briefly about the benefits
As you know, oranges are rich in vitamin composition: PP, C, A and E. In addition, the famous tropical fruit contains: monosaccharides, natural fiber, valuable minerals and acids.
As for the gooseberry berries, then its composition is rich in vitamins. Therefore, this jam helps to cope with the problem of avitaminosis in the autumn-winter season. In addition, herbal products normalize the work of the nervous system and digestion..
Orange and gooseberry are low-calorie, so they are included in the diet. But today we are not talking about losing weight, but about how to make delicious, fragrant, and most importantly, healthy gooseberry jam with oranges during the winter period..
- Gooseberry berries – 2 kg;
- Large oranges – 5 pieces;
- Sugar – 2.4 kg.
- Fruits and berries rinse, cut off “tails” from the gooseberry;
- Unpeeled oranges cut into small pieces. We do not remove the skin, because it will add tropical notes to our jam;
- Next, grind fruit with a blender. Also for this purpose, you can use a meat grinder;
- The resulting puree fill the pot in which you plan to cook the future jam;
- Add sugar in small portions until it dissolves;
- Put gooseberry jam and oranges on the stove and bring to a boil;
- Pour it into pre-sterilized jars, close the lid and wrap it with a warm blanket..
You can also put it in the fridge by covering the mouth of the can with a plastic bag..
Gooseberry jam with orange for the winter
To prepare this goodies you will need:
- Gooseberry – 1 kg;
- Sugar – 1.5 kg;
- Oranges – 2 pcs .;
- Water – ¾ st.
- Wash the gooseberry, remove the tails, and pierce each berry with a toothpick;
- Pour sugar into a saucepan, add water and heat to heat. It is necessary to boil over medium heat so that the sugar dissolves evenly and does not burn while cooking;
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, remove the pan from the stove and add the gooseberry to it;
- Stir and put the pan back on the stove. Turn on slow fire (so that there is a minimum of foam) and make jam for about 10 minutes. After a little increase the heat;
- Cut the oranges into arbitrary pieces and add to the jam, when the berries are almost ready. But you can add citrus at the beginning of cooking;
- Boil the contents of the pan need no more than 40 minutes. If you increase the cooking time, then in the process in the jam will begin to form unhealthy substances;
- Be sure to remove the foam. When you notice that the openwork foam has started to form in the center – the jam is ready;
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour its contents hot on sterilized dry cans..
Cooking recipe without cooking
- Gooseberry berries – 1 kg;
- Orange – 4 pieces;
- Sugar – 1.2 kg.
Cooking raw gooseberry jam with oranges:
- Rinse the berries thoroughly and cut off the stalks and legs with scissors;
- Peel oranges. It is also necessary to carefully remove from them the white subcortical layer. Cut into slices, remove pits and transparent film;
- Peeled fruits and berries chop or blender through a meat grinder;
- Into the resulting puree mass pour in portions all the sugar;
- Mix thoroughly so that the sugar grains are completely dissolved in the berry puree. After leaving the mixture for 10 hours or overnight for vystoyka;
- After a specified period of time, lay out the raw gooseberry jam with oranges in banks, close the lids and put in the refrigerator.
To increase the life of the jam, it is necessary to observe not only the temperature storage mode, but also the proportional ratio of products and sugar. If 2 kg of sugar is used for 1 kg of fruit, then such raw gooseberry jam and oranges will be well preserved even at room temperature..
How to cook gooseberry jam with oranges and lemon
Ingredients for the jam:
- Gooseberry – 1 kg;
- Orange – 2 pieces;
- Lemon – 2 pcs;
- Sugar – 1 kg.
Step by step preparation:
- Preparation: peel off the stalks, cut off the sticks and make sure that the crumpled berries do not fall into the jam. Peel oranges, remove the white layer, remove the stones. Just wash the lemons;
- All berries and citrus fruits scroll through a meat grinder or grind with a blender. In any case, you should get a pureed mixture;
- Fruit puree filled with sugar and put aside for a couple of hours;
- Put the future jam on the stove, bring to a boil, and after turning the heat down to a minimum, cook for another 1 hour. During this time, the mass of jam should decrease (boil down) by about a third;
- Cooked jam hot pour over the banks, close the lids.
- After cooling to store in storage.
From this amount of ingredients you get about 1.6 liters of sweet jam..
Cook a delicacy with the addition of bananas
Gooseberry jam is also called “royal”, because its taste is truly unforgettable. According to historians, sweetness was the favorite dessert of Empress Catherine II..
Thanks to citrus, the jam is very fragrant, and to add spice to the orange and gooseberry, you can add bananas. How to cook gooseberry jam with orange and banana?
For the preparation of “royal” jam will need:
- Gooseberry – 500 gr;
- Orange – 1 pc;
- Banana – 1 pc;
- Granulated sugar – 500 gr;
- Spicy clove – 4 buds;
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp.
Step by step preparation:
- Wash the gooseberries, remove the sticks, sort and grind in a blender or meat grinder;
- Put the mashed potatoes in a saucepan in which the cooking of the jam is planned;
- Peel the orange, scroll through the meat grinder and add to the berries;
- Peeled banana finely chopped and also add to the fruit and berry mixture;
- Fill the contents of the pan with sugar and leave for a couple of hours to let the fruit and berries juice;
- After that add spices;
- Put the pot on the stove to a boil, reduce the heat to boil for another 5 minutes;
- Pour hot gooseberry jam with oranges and bananas on sterilized jars and roll up.
- If you plan to add spices to the jam, be aware that they are added while mixing the ingredients, and after the mixture is boiled, they must be pulled out;
- Gooseberry berries should be slightly unripe, elastic and dense;
- For cooking, use enamelware, as it does not enter into a chemical reaction with the berries;
- Jars for pre-need to clean the soda, and then put to be sterilized;
- In order not to damage the berries, put them in a colander, rinse for about 3-4 minutes, let the water drain;
- Observe the proportions of the necessary ingredients and control the fire;
- To prevent the gooseberry peel from splitting during cooking, poke each berry with a toothpick;
- Gooseberry jam and oranges in no case can not be digested, as it loses its flavor, taste and color change, and unfortunately this is not for the better;
- To determine the readiness of jam from oranges with gooseberries in two ways. The first – visually – when it becomes transparent, and the foam begins to accumulate in the center of the sweetness. The second is to collect a small amount of jam in a spoon, wait for it to cool down and put it in a cold plate. If the consistency of the drop is elastic and convex – the sweetness is ready, if it spreads, then it is necessary to add a little.