It is very simple to cook french fries in a slow cooker. It is important to prepare the vegetable correctly and select the correct mode. Especially facilitate the preparation of the Redmond multicooker in the Multipovar mode. You can also cook an unusual and savory dish using spices: paprika, black and red pepper.
The only drawback of this method is that the cooking speed is quite large, so you need to act also at a fast pace. Otherwise, a non-timed product may burn slightly..
|potato –||about six medium sized pieces|
|vegetable oil –||0.8 l|
|salt –||according to your own taste|
|Time for preparing: 40 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 312 Kcal|
This dish is not considered useful, so you should not abuse it. But in order to indulge sometimes yourself and your loved ones with tasty and crispy potatoes, you can use the simplest classic recipe.
The immediate process of cooking snacks in a slow cooker:
- Peel the potatoes, rinse and cut into straws with a small thickness or cubes;
- Pour with cold water, lightly salted and leave for half an hour;
- After this period, put the potatoes on the stove in the same water and cook for ten minutes, but in no case longer, since it must be undercooked;
- Remove from the stove and drain all the water;
- Spread the vegetable on a paper napkin and allow time for it to cool and dry completely;
- Pour all vegetable oil into the multi-cooker bowl and set the “Baking” mode. The oil should warm up very well;
- Put the prepared potatoes in it and monitor it. After the crust appears golden color immediately get;
- Re-place it on a paper napkin. So all the excess fat will go away;
- It is advisable to provide some kind of sauce before serving the dish..
French fries in “Multipovar” mode
Cooking french fries in a Redmond multicooker will take a little time. To prepare you need to prepare:
- 10 medium sized potatoes;
- vegetable oil in a volume of 1 l;
- salt according to your own taste.
Cooking time – 20 minutes.
Calories – 312 kcal per 100 grams.
Phased potato preparation:
- Potatoes thoroughly washed, peeled, washed again and cut into long and thin cubes;
- Put them in a special bowl in the form of a grid – a fryer;
- Pour the entire volume of vegetable oil into the multi-cooker bowl;
- Bring the multicooker to the “Multipovar” mode. Set the required parameters: time – 12 minutes, temperature – 160˚С;
- After that, lower the fryer into the bowl;
- Do not touch the potatoes until the end of time;
- If the specified time is not enough, you can still extend, but not for long, because the potatoes may turn out to be too dry..
- Take out the cooked product from the multicooker and place on a paper napkin. In a few minutes the dish is ready to serve..
How to cook spicy potatoes in deep fat
The french fries cooked according to this recipe make some unusual taste and appearance. This will require the following components:
- seven large potatoes;
- 700 ml vegetable oil;
- paprika ground in the amount of 5 grams;
- ground pepper in the amount of 5 grams;
- ground black pepper in the amount of 5 grams;
Cooking time – 25 minutes.
Calories – 347 kcal per 100 grams.
- Chop the potatoes in the form of thin bars;
- Dry on a paper towel;
- In a separate container, mix all the prepared spices and salt. It is also necessary to add vegetable oil;
- Put the prepared potatoes to the mixture and mix well. Leave for 10 minutes;
- Put the slow cooker into the “Baking” mode and pour all the prepared vegetable oil into its bowl;
- Put the mixture of potatoes with spices and close the lid. Leave for half an hour;
- After that, open the lid, mix the dish and continue cooking for another 10 minutes..
- Used in the preparation of french fries oil can be used in the future also for the preparation of other dishes;
- In order for the potatoes to turn out especially crispy, it should be cut into bars, dry well and put in a freezer for a couple of hours. After that, get and immediately start cooking;
- Be sure to use only fully matured potatoes, because the dish does not work out of a young vegetable;
- Often tubers contain too much starch. This type of vegetable is not suitable for French fries, as it will become too soft during cooking;
- When slicing vegetables, it is worth paying attention to the fact that each of the bars in the thickness was at least one centimeter;
- In order that hot vegetable oil does not splash in different directions, it is worth pre-salt it a little.
French fries are very popular dishes, and people of different ages like it. It can be used as a separate snack, and can be served as a side dish. Just do not eat it with meat, because it can be too much stress on the body..