Fish – for many people, this is a very favorite product. Pollock, hake, pink salmon, pike perch, trout, crucian carp – you can transfer to infinity.
Any of them can be tasty cooked. We offer to consider some recipes for cooking stewed fish with carrots and onions.
|Haddock, hake or pollock carcass –||1 kilogram|
|Raw carrot –||3 large|
|Bulbs –||2 large|
|Water –||a half cup|
|Flour –||a few tablespoons|
|Tomato paste –||4 tbsp. spoons|
|Sunflower oil –||several spoons (for roasting)|
|Salt, fish spices –||by personal preference|
|Time for preparing: 70 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 115 Kcal|
Defrost the fish (it is better to do this in advance, so as not to waste time later). Then rinse and separate from the bones..
Cut the fish into small pieces and roll in flour. Pour oil into a frying pan and heat it up. Fry the fish on low heat.
Next is preparing the layer for the dish of vegetables. To do this, onions are peeled, washed and cut into small pieces or half rings. Carrots are cleaned, washed and chopped into strips (you can just grate).
In a separate pan, fry the onions to a translucent color first, then add the carrots. To preserve the juiciness of vegetables, close the lid and stew the dishes for 10 minutes..
Tomato paste is diluted with water (1 cup), seasonings and salt are added and vegetables are poured. Quenching is continued for some time until the liquid is evaporated in half..
In a separate dish (stew-pan or iron pot), put a portion of vegetables, on top pieces of fried fish, then vegetables again. If the dishes are not wide, then repeat the layers again..
Put the saucepan with fish and vegetables on the stove and add half a glass of water to it. Make the fire minimal and leave the dish on it under the lid closed until ready (about 35 minutes).
Decorate the dish with greens before serving..
Braised pollock with carrots and onions
- One and a half kg of fresh-frozen pollock;
- 3-4 large onions;
- A pair of small carrots;
- A quarter cup of tomato paste;
- 3 tablespoons of heavy cream;
- Sunflower oil – to taste (for frying);
- One bay leaf;
- Salt, spices and fresh herbs – by personal preference.
Cooking time – about one hour.
Calories in 100 g – 97 kcal.
- Fish preparation. First you need to prepare the fish: defrost, remove excess parts (head, entrails, fins) and rinse. Cut the carcass into not too thick pieces (the thicker the pieces, the longer the cooking process will be) and rub with any spices, salt and pepper. Leave the pollock slices in this form until the main preparation for 20-30 minutes;
- Vegetable preparation. Vegetables cleaned from the top layer and rinse. Carrots straw. You can speed up the process by rubbing it on a large grater. Onions cut into rings or half rings of small thickness. Then the vegetables should be fried. First, put the onion on a hot frying pan with oil and fry for a few minutes before the color changes. After adding carrots and fry for a while, until the vegetables soften;
- Main cooking phase. Put half of the fried vegetables in another dish. Leave the second part in the pan. Put the pollock chunks soaked in spices on the vegetable cushion, top with the remaining roasted vegetables. Mix the tomato paste with cream in a separate bowl, pour the fish over them and put the pan on a small fire. Stew the fish until tender (about half an hour) with the lid closed. Add laurel a few minutes before readiness.
Use the dish hot, sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Fish stew recipe with carrots, peppers and onions
- Fresh or frozen carcass fish – a little less than a kg;
- Potatoes – a few;
- Bulbs – 2 pcs .;
- Tomato (preferably fresh) – 3 pcs .;
- Sweet pepper – 1 pc (better yellow, so that the dish was beautiful);
- Carrots – 1 pc .;
- Tomato paste – a couple of tablespoons;
- Vegetable oil – to taste;
- Water – two hundred gram glass;
- Salt is a pinch;
- Spices – a few pinches.
Preparation takes about half an hour.
Calories in 100 g of the finished dish – 150 kcal.
Next, the fish fillet must be cut into small pieces and sprinkle with spices for fish (you can any, which are more like). In this form, leave for some time.
Leaving the fish soaked in spices, you can prepare the vegetables. They should be washed, peeled potatoes, onions and carrots, cut out the middle of the pepper with seeds. Cut all vegetables into thin slices..
Pour vegetable oil into a skillet, then lay out a vegetable pillow in layers in the following order: carrots, potatoes and onions (you can add some salt to the carrots). Put fish on vegetables, then pepper and tomatoes.
Put the dishes on the fire and wait until the oil boils. Dissolve tomato paste in a glass of water and pour over the fish with vegetables. As soon as the water boils, reduce the fire and extinguish – 50-80 minutes. Extinguishing should be under a closed lid. It is better to serve hot.
Note: Layers with vegetables can be repeated several times if desired..
Stew tuna with vegetables
Ingredients for Stewed Tuna with Vegetables:
- 650 g tuna;
- 350 g canned tomatoes;
- 3 medium potatoes;
- 3 medium sweet peppers;
- Half a hot pepper;
- 1 medium onion;
- 5 tbsp. spoons of sunflower oil;
- 1 ½ cup apple cider;
- Garlic, salt, ground pepper, parsley – to taste.
Approximate cooking time – about one and a half hours.
Caloric content of 100 g – 112 kcal.
Pour some of the oil into a saucepan or cauldron, heat and spasseur the onions. Add chopped garlic and diced pepper (both types). A few minutes to stew, then add the tomatoes, just pre-peel them and chop. Salt and pepper.
In a separate pan, fry tuna slices over high heat on both sides (a couple of minutes each).
Put fish into dishes with prepared vegetables and peeled and diced potatoes on top. Cover with cider, cover and wait until the cider boils. Simmer on minimum heat for 45 minutes.
Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs..
The fish is tastier if you put it out in the pot.
If there is no cream at hand, they can be replaced with low-fat sour cream..
Onions replace leeks or light green (purple).
The number of carrots in the recipe can be increased if desired, it will only give greater juiciness to the finished.
Stewed fish perfectly complement mashed potatoes or boiled rice.
Enjoy your meal!