According to experienced housewives, self-cooked caviar from semolina and herring is much better shop. The purchased product is filled with dyes and preservatives, and also contains a number of additives that may pose a certain health hazard..
These factors are irrelevant to domestic herring calf. Having spent a little energy and very little money, anyone can make a tasty and satisfying snack for their friends and family..
|herring fillet –||0.5 kg|
|tomato juice –||0.3 l|
|semolina –||0.2 kg|
|vegetable oil –||0.25 kg|
|bulb onions (large) –||1 piece|
|black pepper (ground) –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 50 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 308 Kcal|
This version of the dish can be called basic. It is most widely known and used frequently..
- Pour tomato juice and vegetable oil into the pan, mix the ingredients and put on fire.
- When the juice begins to boil, start gently (in small portions) pour the cereal into the container (it must be monitored so that the grains do not stick together and do not form lumps).
- When the mass of semolina and tomato paste thickens, you can extinguish the flame and remove the pan from the stove, leaving it to cool slightly.
- After, through the meat grinder of the most fine grinding, you need to skip all the prepared fillet of fish.
- Peel and chop the onion using a meat grinder.
- Mix onions with minced fish, pepper (salt is not required, because the herring itself is already salted enough).
- Mix semolina and mince in the same container and put in the fridge.
- After 2-3 hours, the dish is ready to eat..
Fish caviar from semolina and bones of herring
This recipe differs slightly from the previous one, if we talk about the products used, but the process itself becomes complicated due to the fact that it is necessary to extract stones from herring. However, the taste of the resulting caviar fully justifies such labor costs and is significantly different from the dish prepared using fish fillets..
- tomato juice – 0.2 l;
- herring bones – 0.35 kg;
- onion – 1 piece;
- semolina – 0.15 kg;
- black pepper (ground) – to taste.
Cooking time: 65 minutes.
Calories: 83 kcal.
- Separate bones from fish and soak them in cold water for 60 minutes..
- Put the tank with the bones (without replacing the water) on the fire and boil the contents for half an hour.
- After a specified time, the resulting broth is drained into another pan, filtering the bones with a colander (the remains of the fish skeleton can then be disposed of).
- Cook semolina on tomato juice and fish broth (gradually boil the cereal into boiling liquid, breaking all the lumps, and then wait until the porridge thickens, becoming red-orange, and turn off the fire).
- Grind cleaned onion and mix thoroughly with semolina.
- Infuse ready-made caviar in the fridge for two hours.
- Chilled snack best combined with Borodino bread, butter and fresh herbs.
Caviar on fish herring brine
The recipe of the third variant of caviar differs in that instead of the broth the pickle is used in which the herring was located. This appetizer usually has a really bright and pronounced taste, and the technology of its preparation is the most simple..
- brine – 0.2 l;
- water – 0.2 l;
- semolina – 0.1 kg;
- onion – 1 piece;
- vegetable oil – 1 tsp;
- egg – 2 pieces;
- tomato paste – 2 tablespoons.
Cooking time: 40 minutes.
Caloric content: 74 kcal.
- In a low and wide saucepan, mix the prepared brine with water and oil.
- Add tomato paste to this container.
- Turn on the stove, put a pan with brine on it and, stirring constantly, bring the liquid to a boil.
- In the boiling contents of the saucepan slowly and gradually pour the cereal.
- When the whole semolina will be in the pan, you need to boil it a little less than a minute, and then extinguish the flame and allow the roe to cool.
- After that, boil the eggs, peel the onions and both of these ingredients to the maximum grind (preferably with a blender, but you can just a knife).
- Mixed chilled semolina with eggs and onions.
- Caviar is completely ready for serving..
How to cook caviar from semolina, carrots and herring
This recipe is not as well known as the previous ones. However, the taste of caviar, obtained by following it, is definitely worth the time spent on cooking. A distinctive feature of this snack is its rich color, which makes it a real decoration of the holiday table..
- herring (fillet) – 0.1 kg;
- water (cold) – 0.3 l;
- vegetable oil – 0.1 kg;
- carrots (large) – 1 piece;
- semolina – 4 tablespoons;
- vinegar – 1 tsp;
- onion – 1 piece;
- salt, spices – to taste.
Cooking time: 55 minutes.
Caloric content: 200 kcal.
- Boil ordinary water and boil the semolina in it, breaking all the lumps, and better not allowing them to form at all.
- In parallel, in a separate container to put the carrots cook.
- Cooked carrot with fish fillet and onion grind with a blender.
- Mix the obtained carrot herring gruel with semolina, season the snack with vinegar.
- At the last stage, fill the caviar with vegetable oil, how to mix all the ingredients and put the snack in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- After a specified time, treats can be served..
How to make fake caviar without fish for vegans
Indulge with fake caviar is loved not only by “carnivorous” citizens, but also by those who, guided by certain principles, do not wish to eat any animal, including fish. The following recipe was created specifically for this purpose..
- tomato juice – 0.1 l;
- vegetable oil – 10 ml;
- sea kale (dry) – 15 g;
- semolina – 70 g;
- salt, spices – to taste.
Cooking time: 35 minutes.
Calorie content: 67 kcal.
- Sea cabbage, rinse, and then pour boiling water.
- After 5 minutes, cabbage, without removing from the water, chop with a blender.
- Vegetable oil and tomato juice mixed in a small saucepan and put on medium heat.
- When the juice boils, add water with chopped cabbage to it, season with spices and salt.
- Warm up the mixture for another 2-3 minutes, and then pour the semolina into it, stirring the contents of the saucepan continuously.
- Finally, once again carefully stir everything and extinguish the flame (if the caviar turns out to be too thick, you can dilute it with a small amount of boiling water).
- As soon as the appetizer has cooled, it can be offered to guests..
A snack can be made perfect if you follow some simple tips:
- In recipes using carrots onions can be replaced by green, but in this case it should be added to the already prepared dish.
- Salting caviar from semolina in the cooking process is not recommended, it is better to do it when the appetizer is already fully prepared (it is possible that salt is not needed at all, because the herring is already salty).
- To prepare such a treat, you should not buy too expensive fish (it has a tender fillet, but, unfortunately, it does not give a characteristic smell, without which the appetizer will be a little like caviar).
- Store ready-made eggs should be stored in a closed container in the refrigerator, but even then it remains usable no longer than a week..
Given these subtleties, you can easily turn a tasty snack into a real culinary masterpiece that will impress even the most discerning gourmet..