Garlic dumplings are the original Ukrainian pastry served to the first courses instead of bread or donuts. They are made from yeast dough, on water or milk, and poured with garlic sauce on top and prune with fresh greens..
Sometimes this dish is called garlic chamomile, because the shape of tall yeast buns resemble this flower..
|Flour –||1000 g|
|Egg –||1 PC.|
|Yeast “Sof moment” –||1 package|
|Salt, sugar –||pinch|
|Water –||600 ml|
|Fresh Dill –||bundle|
|Garlic –||4 teeth|
|Vegetable oil –||100 ml|
|Yolk –||for lubrication|
|Butter –||for lubrication|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 163 Kcal|
In half cup of warm boiled water stir the yeast, add sugar. Let stand until a characteristic yeast cap. Mix the remaining water with the egg and salt, pour in the dough and mix well. Pour on a bit of crushed flour and knead the dough. Shift on a dry surface, cover with a large bowl and leave for one hour do not touch.
Grind vegetable knife (or a big chef) garlic and herbs, pour vegetable oil. Lightly add some salt and mix.
Activate the electric oven at 180 ° C. We coat the baking sheet with butter and lay out small dough balls at a distance from each other, as they will increase substantially in volume. We coat with whipped yolk and bake for half an hour..
Remove, transfer to previously prepared flat dish and pour garlic syrup.
Dumplings with garlic from Alla Kovalchuk
Well-known culinary specialist Amator Alla Kovalchuk revealed some of her secrets about baking dumplings with garlic.
- Milk – 0.5 l;
- Flour – 400 g;
- Margarine or spread – 50 g;
- Garlic – 3 cloves;
- Sugar – 1 tsp;
- Salt – 1 tsp;
- Vegetable oil – 50 ml;
- Soft Moment Yeast – 1 pack;
- Water – 3 tbsp. l.
Pour dry yeast and one cup of crushed flour into the heated milk. We mix everything well and leave for a few minutes. When you see the yeast cap that appears, add salt, melted spread, and the remaining flour..
Mix everything well to a homogeneous state and a soft consistency. The dosage of flour may vary, it all depends on its quality. At the end we grease the finished dough with vegetable oil and, covered with a bowl, leave to rise for one hour. It will increase at least twice.
In a small bowl, dilute water, chopped garlic and fresh herbs – this will be the sauce for pampushkas..
We activate the electric oven at 185 ° С. We cover the baking sheet with tracing paper and lay out the formed balls.
We give a few more minutes to climb, incise from above with scissors to give a beautiful shape.
We coat with beaten egg and immerse to bake for half an hour until a beautiful color appears..
Remove and pour garlic sauce until cold..
Dumplings with garlic and borscht in a pan
- Flour – 450 g;
- Water – 450 ml;
- Dry yeast – 1 tbsp. l .;
- Salt, sugar – 1 tsp;
- Garlic – 4 cloves;
- Fresh parsley – bunch;
- Vegetable oil – 100 ml.
In a glass of warm boiled water we part dry yeast. While they are activated, chop the garlic. Mix the remaining water, sugar and yeast brew. Pour the crushed flour and salt in small portions. Knead the dough. When it becomes thick enough, we drop out on a smooth surface and continue to mix. Make sure that it does not come out too steep, otherwise it will be bad to rise, and the pampushkas will be rough. Putting it on a clean bowl and wait an hour until it rises in volume..
In a pan, pour vegetable oil. We give a good warm. We form balls and dip them to roast. They should be covered in oil by half. The effect of a deep fryer turns out.
Mix garlic, salt, herbs, a couple of spoons of water and sunflower oil.
After frying all the pampushkas, we transfer them to a large glass bowl, pour garlic syrup and mix well..
- For the pampushk test, it is very important to use fresh yeast to make it soft;
- Take flour only of the highest grade and before use be sure to trudge it so that it is saturated with oxygen and exclude the ingress of threads from the bag
- Greens can be used not only fresh – suitable frozen or dried;
- Be sure to coat the pampushkas with an egg, so they will get a beautiful brownish color and will be even more appetizing;
- Do not use cold products for making dough; this will increase the time for raising the yeast dough;
- If you are cooking pampushki in a pan, use unscented, refined oil;
- Pampushki can be cooked and sweet, you just need to replace the garlic sauce with powdered sugar, and you get a great dessert for tea;
- If you didn’t eat the entire baking batch right away, roll the rest into the food bag. So it can be stored for a couple of days and not stale;
- If they still become stubborn, do not rush to throw them away. Cut into bars and lightly fry in electric ovens. Get tasty crackers to borscht;
- To make the muffin even more airy and soft, it is recommended to mix the dough several times and then bake.
Thank you for your attention and bon appetit!