Dolma is a kind of stuffed cabbage, but instead of cabbage they use grape leaves. As a filling, you can use different kinds of minced meat, fish, bulgur or rice. Cabbage rolls wrapped in grape leaves are distinguished by their delicate taste, amazing aroma, and the leaves add sourness.
|minced lamb –||500 g|
|bow –||2 pcs.|
|carrot –||2 pcs.|
|rice –||100 g|
|salt and pepper –||taste|
|grape leaves –||of necessity|
|Time for preparing: 90 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 360 Kcal|
This dish is a minced meat with rice wrapped in grape leaves. For the filling, you can use vegetables or meat. And as a shell – eggplants, apples or tomatoes. But the classic recipe is lamb with rice wrapped in grape leaves..
Dolma in grape leaves is prepared as follows:
- The rice is washed and boiled in salt water until half cooked;
- Onions chopped into small pieces;
- Carrots are peeled and passed through a large grater;
- Onions, carrots, minced meat, salt, pepper, rice are thoroughly mixed in a container. There should be a homogeneous mass;
- In a separate bowl, wash the leaves and pour boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes;
- They take them out and give them time to drain;
- The leaves are put on the board and in the center of each impose a mixture of minced meat with rice. About one tablespoon;
- Form dolma;
- All envelopes are tightly placed in the pan;
- Fill with water so that it covers them. Cover with a plate, otherwise the envelopes will fall apart;
- Cook for 35 minutes;
- Served with sour cream.
Dolma from grape leaves with beef
Traditionally dolma is cooked on the basis of minced lamb. But some housewives replace it with beef or combine two types of minced meat. In this case, the dish will not so fat. But otherwise it will remain the same tasty, and the choice of minced meat depends on your preferences in meat. It is worth noting that meat can be taken any.
- Grape leaves – 40 pcs .;
- Stuffing – 500 g;
- Rice – 6 tbsp. l .;
- Onions – 4 pcs .;
- Butter – 50 g;
- Favorite greens – a small bunch;
- Pepper and salt to taste;
- Sour cream – 1 cup;
- Garlic – 6 cloves;
- Basil greens and cilantro – a small bunch.
Cooking time: 180 minutes.
Caloric content: 259 kcal.
How to cook dolma from grape leaves with beef:
- The leaves are washed and poured boiling water for 7 minutes;
- Throw them in a colander and leave until the complete disappearance of water;
- Next, remove the stalks;
- Onions finely chopped, then fried in butter until cooked;
- The rice is washed and cooked for 3-4 minutes after boiling;
- Throw rice in a colander;
- Greens are washed and finely cut;
- In the tank combine minced meat, onions, rice, herbs and spices. Knead well;
- Grape leaves are laid out on the table with the smooth side down;
- In the center of each place a little filling;
- Form dolma;
- Dolma is placed in a saucepan and pressed tightly;
- Pour the liquid flush with the future dish;
- Put a load on top so that dolma does not boil soft;
- Place the dish on the fire, bring to a boil and reduce the fire to a minimum;
- Cook for an hour at a very slow boil;
- After cooking, let it brew for 40 minutes;
- For this dish prepare a special sauce;
- Garlic is crushed, the herbs are chopped and combined with sour cream;
- Allow to infuse for 3 hours in the refrigerator;
- Dolma served with sauce.
Armenian dish option
Armenian dolma is different filling. Namely, in the dish they use not minced meat, but whole meat. That is why for the recipe it is necessary to use the freshest and, preferably, not frozen meat..
- Cutting – 1 kg;
- Butter – 80 g;
- Leaves – 250 g;
- Bulgur -200 g;
- Walnuts – 50 g;
- Onions – 2 pcs .;
- Garlic – 3 cloves;
- Salt, pepper, savory, parsley – to taste.
Cooking time: 120 minutes.
Caloric content: 342 kcal.
Stages of cooking:
- Meat is cut into thin pieces;
- Beat, salt and pepper;
- Onions are cut and fried;
- Bulgur is cooked;
- Pour porridge and onions with water, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, stir occasionally;
- Garlic and nuts crumble;
- Add them to porridge, as well as put salt, greens;
- The meat is stuffed from bulgur into pieces of meat, rolled up;
- Each roll is wrapped in a sheet;
- Tightly placed in a container, pour water, put the butter on top, set the load;
- Cook on low heat an hour
Cooking a dish in an unusual way – with fish
Dolma with fish is something new. This dish can surprise your guests and relatives..
- Grape leaves – as needed;
- Fish – 1 kg;
- Onions – 2 pcs .;
- Garlic – 3 cloves;
- Greens – to taste;
- Salt and spices – to taste.
Cooking time: 2.5 hours.
Caloric content: 159 kcal.
How to cook dolma from grape leaves with fish:
- The rice is boiled until half cooked;
- The leaves are scalded with boiling water or used pickled;
- Chop onions and greens;
- Fish is made into mince or cut;
- Mix rice, minced meat, herbs, onions, salt and spices;
- Grape leaves are placed on the bottom of the pan to avoid burning the future dish;
- On the center of the leaves spread the filling and wrap the envelope;
- Put envelopes in the pan and pour water;
- A press is formed from above;
- Prepare 40 minutes on low heat;
And even in the post, you can pamper yourself with your favorite dish. Various vegetables are used as a filling. Do not worry, it will turn out as juicy and appetizing as a traditional dish..
- Grape leaves – 200 g;
- Champignons – 400 g;
- Celery – 50 g;
- Parsley, dill – to taste;
- Mint – 1 sprig;
- Rice – 1 cup;
- Spices for dolma – 1 pack.
Cooking time: 120 minutes.
Caloric content: 90 kcal.
Recipe for a vegetarian dolma from fresh grape leaves in steps:
- Mushrooms are cut and cooked for 30 minutes;
- Blender chopped champignons, parsley, dill and mint;
- Chop celery and stir fry;
- Rice is washed and combined with onions, mushrooms, celery, herbs, spices;
- In the center of each leaf, they put mince, wrap, envelopes are placed in a saucepan, water is added;
- Cook for 1.5 hours.
How to prepare grape leaves?
Grape leaves are not available at all times of the year. Therefore, they should be harvested. Properly harvested leaves remain as fragrant and do not lose their beneficial substances. Consider how it is possible to harvest grape leaves for the winter for dolma.
- leaves are taken in 10 pieces. and rolled up in rolls;
- put them in a container and roll the lid;
- sterilized for 30 minutes in the oven.
- leaves are washed, put on each other, roll up rolls;
- placed in a jar;
- prepare the marinade: 2 tablespoons of 1.5 liters of water are placed. l salt and a pinch of pepper, bring to a boil;
- the resulting brine is poured over the leaves, giving time for the water to fill all the voids in the can;
- cover with a rubber cover, put in the refrigerator for the night;
- morning roll.
- leaves are washed and stacked on each other by 20 pieces, roll up rolls and fasten with thread;
- put the rolls in boiling water for a few minutes, then at the same time in cold water;
- placed in a jar and poured with brine per 1 liter of water – 40 g of salt;
- leave for three days under a plastic cover;
- add to jars (0.5 l) per teaspoon of vinegar;
- sterilized for 20 minutes and rolled up.
- prepare 10% saline solution;
- the leaves are rolled into rolls and placed in a jar;
- they are poured over with a solution and rolled;
- soaked in clean water for 3 hours before use.
- leaves are washed and dried;
- stacked in piles and rolled into rolls;
- placed in bags and placed in the freezer;
- For dolma in grape leaves should take leaves of white grapes;
- Young and small leaves should be chosen, as they are soft and do not have coarse veins. They are also more fragrant;
- Leaves can be purchased on the market or do their own procurement;
- When choosing, give preference to the whole, smooth, and neat;
- If canned leaves remain from the jar, they can be put into the freezer;
- Large leaves can be cut into two parts;
- Before cooking, they are soaked in salt water for half an hour;
- Before cooking, you need to remove cuttings from them, otherwise folding envelopes will be extremely problematic;
- Salted leaves are soaked or doused with boiling water before cooking;
- For mincemeat, you can take any meat, but if the meat is not fatty, then a small amount of butter is put in the dish;
- Before laying envelopes, several layers of leaves are placed on the bottom and sides, thus the dish does not burn;
- For cooking it is better to use thick-walled dishes;
- For vegetarian dolma, you can use minced meat of any vegetables. Most often, take mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes;
- It is not necessary to use minced meat, you can simply chop the meat;
- Minced meat can be mixed with rice or bulgur. In Greece, some wheat is added to rice;
- To add flavor to the dish, add various spices and herbs, they can be used dry or fresh;
- You can add lemon juice, mint and other spices to fish dolma;
- Traditionally, many different spices are added to the dish. Their quantity is regulated depending on taste preferences;
- So that the dish does not seem dry, it is served with various sauces. The sauce is selected to suit your own taste, but sauces based on cream and sour cream are best suited;
- As a shell, not only leaves are well suited, but also Bulgarian pepper, tomatoes, cabbage leaves, and apples. From the vegetables and fruits, the middle is taken out, leaving one casing, put the mince and cook;
- If the meat for a dish is cut into small cubes, then the dish will have a pronounced taste of meat, and the slices will preserve the juice;
- A layer of leaves is placed between the press and the dolma;
- For cooking use a small amount of water. The dish is practically steamed;
- Instead of water, some housewives use broth, then dolma in grape leaves is even more fragrant;
- In some countries even potatoes and beans are used as fillings..
Enjoy your meal!