Borsch is a dish known to everyone since childhood. A thick soup of cabbage and beet is considered a traditional dish of Ukrainian cuisine, but now it can be found in the cuisines of almost all nations of the world in different variations. In this article we will share recipes for cooking borscht without adding cabbage..
|pork –||700 g|
|carrots –||1 PC.|
|bulbs –||1 PC.|
|medium beet –||1 PC.|
|medium potatoes –||7-9 pieces.|
|lemon –||1⁄2 pcs.|
|greenery –||1 bundle|
|laurel –||3 pcs.|
|buds of carnations –||3 pcs.|
|basil, allspice ground pepper, oregano –||on a pinch|
|sunflower oil –||for frying|
|Time for preparing: 110 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 80 Kcal|
Borsch with cabbage and pork is prepared as follows:
- Carefully wash the meat, put it in the pan, add cold water. We wait until it boils, remove the froth, if it is formed, cook on low heat until the meat is ready, about 1 hour;
- Clean potatoes, rinse in running water, cut into cubes;
- Cooking borsch refueling. Clean the roots (onion, carrot, beet), wash with running water, cut into small cubes;
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onion to a golden hue. Add carrots and beets. Stew vegetables on medium heat until softened, then finish with salt and add lemon juice;
- Put potatoes with all the spices into the ready broth, boil for 5 minutes, add the dressing. While everything is boiling, we wash and chop greens, add to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the fire, leave to stand..
- Can serve!
Recipe for borscht with beets without cabbage
- 1 PC. chicken fillet;
- 1 PC. carrots;
- 2 pcs. beets;
- 1 PC. bulbs;
- 7 pieces potato;
- 1 tbsp. l tomato paste;
- 3 pcs. bay leaves;
- 3 pcs. garlic cloves;
- on the tip of the knife ground black pepper;
- sunflower oil for zazharki.
Cooking time: 50 minutes.
Calories: 60 kcal per 100 g.
- Fillet well wash, cut in medium pieces;
- Peel potatoes, rinse in water, cut into medium strips;
- Fold the meat and potatoes into a saucepan, add water, about 1.7 liters, bring to a boil, cook on low heat until cooked, then add salt. The chicken cooks very quickly, so it will be ready with the potatoes;
- While the broth is boiling, make a fry. We clean the onions, chop finely, fry until golden in oil, then add carrots, grated on a fine grater, and beets cut into small strips in a frying pan, fry until excess water evaporates. Add the paste, mix well, simmer under the lid until the beets soften;
- Put the frying in the ready broth, laurel, ground pepper, let it boil for 5-10 minutes. At the end of cooking, skip the garlic directly into the pan, stir and turn it off. Let it brew before serving.
Beetroot without cabbage with beef in a slow cooker
- 400 g of beef on the bone or ribs;
- 2.5 liters of water;
- 2 pcs. carrots;
- 2 pcs. Luke;
- 3-4 pieces beets;
- 2 pcs. tomatoes;
- 4-5 pieces potatoes;
- 3 pcs. garlic cloves;
- 1⁄2 lemons;
- 1 tsp sugar sand;
- 1 bunch of greens;
- 3 pcs. laurel;
- frying oil;
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes.
Calories: 25 kcal per 100 g.
- We clean, wash carrots, beets and onions. Finely chop the onion with a knife, rub a carrot and beet on a coarse grater;
- We blanch (we boil) tomatoes, quickly peel them off, cut into cubes. Garlic peel, pass through the press;
- Pour some oil in a thicket of the multicooker, put carrots and onions, set the “frying” mode (choose vegetables) or “baking” – for 5 minutes. Stir-fry the vegetables, not covering the lid;
- Then add washed and chopped meat and tomatoes into the bowl, fry for another 5 minutes;
- Next, add peeled, sliced medium-sized potatoes, granulated sugar and 1.5 pc beets, stir, salt, pour hot water from the kettle. We switch the multicooker to the “extinguishing” mode for 60 minutes under the closed lid;
- Meanwhile, pour the remaining beets with boiling water, about 250 ml, add the juice of half a lemon, bring to a boil in a small pot. Strain the finished decoction, throw out the cake;
- Pour the beetroot broth into the finished soup, add garlic, laurel, chopped greens. Turn on the “heating” mode, leave for 10 minutes to languish. Ready borscht let it brew for about half an hour.
- To cook lean borsch, you can use vegetable instead of meat broth. For its preparation, you can use onions, carrots, Bulgarian pepper, celery root and various dry spices;
- During the cooking of the broth, to check the readiness of the meat, you need to get 1 piece and chop it with a fork or knife, if the juice is clear – the meat is ready, if the reddish jug is worth a little more to boil;
- With a long cooking, the beets lose their color, the dish turns out to be red and not richly red. To avoid this, the root must be prepared in advance, for example, slightly baked in the oven. You can also avoid the loss of color by sprinkling chopped beets with lemon juice or vinegar before adding to the pan;
- To borscht without cabbage was fragrant, you can use any dried spices. But the most important in it are: the stems and parsley root in dry or fresh form, ground or black pepper and allspice, bay leaf and, of course, garlic. It is better to place the latter at the final stage of cooking before grinding it with a press or grating;
- To feel all the colors of borscht taste, even if it is without cabbage, it is recommended to serve it with sour cream and fresh dumplings with garlic or without.
Enjoy your meal!