Cole Slow Salad is popular in Europe and America. Each chef has its own specialty of cooking this salad with the addition of various components..
The most important and main ingredient of this dish is cabbage. Moreover, in the classic version of the preparation, two types of it are added: white and red. Also at the heart of cooking is an unusual sauce, which gives the salad a highlight..
|White cabbage –||500 grams|
|celery stalk –||one|
|medium sized carrots –||one|
|medium bulb –||half|
|sour green apple –||one thing|
|dill –||small bunch|
|sour cream 15% fat –||4 tbsp. spoons|
|minimal fat mayonnaise –||2 tbsp. spoons|
|apple vinegar 6% –||one tablespoon|
|salt and sugar –||taste|
|Time for preparing: 15 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 43 Kcal|
Coleslaw salad is very simple in preparation and takes a small amount of time..
Direct cooking salad:
- Carrots, onions, celery, apple, cabbage cut in the form of a thin straw;
- Now it is worth doing the preparation of salad dressing. To do this, put sour cream and mayonnaise in a separate container. Pour a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Add chopped fresh dill, a little salt and mix the whole mixture;
- Combine in the prepared container all the vegetables and the prepared dressing. To stir thoroughly.
Jamie Oliver version
The recipe for cabbage salad “Cole Slow” from the famous chef Jamie Oliver differs somewhat from the classic way of cooking. So, a detailed list of the necessary components:
- two medium sized carrots;
- white cabbage – 500 grams;
- one onion, small size;
- natural yogurt in the amount of two tablespoons;
- grainy mustard (not sharp) – no more than one tablespoon;
- ground black pepper and sea salt to add according to personal taste preferences.
Cooking time – only about 12 minutes.
Calories – 51 kcal.
Salad preparation process:
- Peel carrots, wash thoroughly and cut into small straws;
- Prepare the cabbage. Remove the topmost layer of leaves from it and cut as thin as possible;
- Onions are also peeled, washed and cut into the shape of the finest half-rings;
- All vegetables mixed in a common container, add yogurt and mustard;
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix everything thoroughly. Salad is ready to serve..
Cole Slaw Salad Recipe with Red Cabbage
To prepare a salad with red cabbage you will need:
- one head of white cabbage;
- one head of red cabbage;
- two medium sized carrots;
- canned corn – one can;
- a bunch of fresh parsley;
- sugar in the amount of two teaspoons;
- salt – no more than one teaspoon;
- Dijon mustard in the amount of two tablespoons;
- fresh lemon juice – three tablespoons;
- lean mayonnaise – 200 grams;
- the amount of allspice ground pepper depends on personal taste preferences.
Cooking time – 20 minutes.
Calories – 92.7 kcal.
- Initially, you need to do the preparation of the sauce. To do this, mix Dijon mustard, yogurt, lemon juice and allspice in a common container. Leave for infusion;
- Red cabbage must be cut as thin as possible. Lightly sprinkle with salt and knead well. So, it will become much softer;
- Parsley herbs to be picked into small pieces;
- White cabbage is also very finely chopped and kneaded well with your hands. Peel carrots, wash and grate a small size;
- Drain the waste liquid from the corn;
- All prepared ingredients mix in a joint container;
- Pour the prepared sauce and mix very thoroughly..
Cooking method with celery
To prepare this dish you will need the following list of ingredients:
- celery root – 800 grams;
- large red apples – 2 pcs .;
- walnuts – one glass;
- dried cranberries – ½ cup;
- sour cream of 15% fat content – one glass of the standard sizes;
- horseradish in the amount of two teaspoons;
- Dijon mustard – 1 ½ teaspoons;
- Apple vinegar 6% – 2 tablespoons + 1 ½ teaspoons;
- sugar in the amount of one teaspoon;
- add black pepper (freshly ground) and salt according to personal preferences.
Cooking time – 2 hours 30 minutes.
Calories – 108 kcal.
How to cook Cole Slow salad with celery:
- Walnuts need to fry a little in a completely dry frying pan, and then chop;
- Peel celery root, wash and chop into thin straws;
- Put the prepared celery into a container and pour two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar;
- Apples cut into slices of medium size and put to celery;
- Add the same dried cranberries and chopped walnuts. Mix everything thoroughly;
- In a separate container, beat the cream, horseradish, sugar, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar well. Add salt and pepper, mix the dressing thoroughly, and then pour the salad over it;
- Mix everything thoroughly and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours..
- Apples must be added to the salad only green.
- The ratio of apples and cabbage in a salad should be 30:70.
- To make the salad more refined, they often add raisins, pre-steamed, fresh grapes or canned pineapples to the main list of ingredients..
- In order for the apples in the salad not to darken and not to spoil the appearance of the whole salad, you should sprinkle them with fresh lemon juice.
Despite the fact that the Cole Slow salad is a dish of American cuisine, it also enjoys considerable popularity in our regions. And this is not surprising, since the dish is distinguished by good taste, richness of a large amount of vitamins and healthy ingredients, and at the same time is absolutely non-nutritious food..