If the meat kebabs are already fed up, and you want to have a picnic and do something on the grill, then use our recipes for vegetable potato kebabs.
|fresh crop potatoes –||1 kg|
|fresh laurel leaves –||10 pieces.|
|lard (pork or fat tail) –||250 grams|
|Time for preparing: 45 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 278 Kcal|
Barbecued potatoes can be a great side dish for meat or fish skewers, but they are good in themselves, especially young ones with thin skin.
The first cooking option:
- First you need to choose potatoes: tubers of even shape, medium-sized, but long;
- Tip a skewer drill a through longitudinal hole through each tuber. Add salt to this hole and fill it with lard (fat tail, pork). Strung potatoes on a skewer across the holes made. Between potatoes, fresh bay leaves;
- Fry vegetable skewers on the grill. It should be noted that, unlike other vegetables, potatoes are baked the longest, in order to avoid burning, you must constantly turn the skewer;
- Before serving, remove the potatoes from the skewers, put on a dish and garnish with fresh vegetables and herbs. Well serve sauce based on mayonnaise or sour cream.
The second cooking option:
- Carefully, not to tear off the skin, wash the young potatoes, boil them for 4 minutes;
- Rinse sage with water, dry with paper napkins, remove the leaves from the twigs;
- Cut the lard into thin but wide strips and wrap each tuber;
- Before frying, put the wrapped pieces of potato on a skewer interspersed with sage or laurel leaves;
- Fry the vegetable skewers on the grill for about 15 minutes. The coals should be hot, but without flame;
- Turn the skewer so that the potatoes evenly fried;
- Remove the ready-made vegetable skewers from the skewer, put on the dish, garnish with tomatoes or cucumbers, sliced, green onions and parsley.
Potato kebabs in foil
For cooking, you will need a very strong foil for grilling, it is thicker than usual. If not, then wrap in regular foil, but in two layers..
Necessary set of products:
- 500 grams of potatoes;
- 150 g of softened butter;
- 3 pinches of dry basil;
- any spices for potatoes to your taste.
Cooking will take 55 minutes, per 100 g serving – 260 kcal.
How to cook potatoes on the grill in foil:
- For a kebab it is better to choose not large tubers, otherwise they will be baked for a long time;
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly, you can use a sponge or brush;
- Add spices, basil and salt to soft butter. Abundantly fluff the tubers with this mixture;
- Wrap each in several layers of foil;
- Contrast spread out on the grid, cook over hot coals (without flame), the approximate cooking time from 15 to 25 minutes;
- It can be done differently: put the potatoes, wrapped in foil in hot ashes in the brazier, sprinkle with ashes on top and bake for half an hour.
Baked potatoes with bacon according to Stalik Khankishiev’s recipe
Young potatoes can be baked just with salt and butter, it will be delicious. But another product gives a very special taste to potatoes – pork or pork fat.
It will take:
- fresh crop potatoes – 1 kg;
- fat tail or lard – 200-300 grams;
- 3 pinches of pepper, coarse salt;
- rosemary or turmeric – optional.
Total cooking time: 55 minutes, in the finished dish for one serving no more than 310 kcal.
How to cook skewers of potatoes with bacon on the grill:
- Wash the potatoes, if you do not need to remove the young peel vegetable, it is better to remove the old potatoes;
- Chop the potatoes into circles and string them onto a skewer, alternating it with salted bacon or fat-rich fat;
- Grind all the recommended spices in a bowl with coarse salt;
- Put the skewer on a rectangular sheet of foil of the appropriate size, season with pounded spices;
- Tightly clamp the foil around the vegetable skewers, twist at the ends. Fry on the grill, the time is approximate from 15 minutes to 20. During this time, the potatoes will become softer and soaked with lard;
- Expand and remove the foil. The potato is almost ready, you need to give it a beautiful golden color;
- Put the potatoes once more on the coals (without foil), turn the skewers with the potatoes so that it is roasted evenly;
- In a ready-made barbecue, the potato has an appetizing crust, and the bacon resembles pieces of bacon fried in a skillet in taste and appearance, in some regions they are called “cracklings”.
How to cook marinated potatoes on the grill
Potatoes for grilling should be marinated in olive oil mixed with salt, chopped garlic and herbs. Fry potatoes on the grill for 15 minutes on each side.
- 1 kg of oblong young potatoes;
- 2-3 sprigs of basil, cilantro, mint and dill;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- ½ cup of vegetable oil (preferably olive oil);
- half a head of garlic;
- to taste salt.
To bake the potatoes, it takes 50 minutes, the caloric content of 100 grams of the finished dish is 289 kcal.
Step 1. Wash potatoes, peel of eyes. Peel from young potatoes can not be removed;
Step 2. Cut the tubers into large circles, 1.5 cm thick, salt and leave in a cup for 15 minutes, then dry;
Step 3. Crush the garlic with a knife, then chop it, finely chop the greens, add olive oil, mix;
Step 4. Strung potato rings on skewers. The resulting kebabs abundantly lubricate;
Step 5. Grill on the grill, in the process all the time to turn and lubricate.
Crisp baked on grill
To cook a crisp on an open fire, you will need a grill and a very minimum of products, and the kebab will make an excellent.
Necessary set of products:
- 600-700 grams of flat and long potatoes;
- ½ cup olive oil;
- coarse salt;
- spices – to taste.
It takes 55 minutes to cook, in the finished dish – 289 kcal.
1 cooking option:
- Potatoes cut lengthwise into two parts, boil a little;
- Pour 4 tablespoons of oil into a deep cup, add salt, spices and boiled potatoes, mix;
- Lay out a vegetable on a grid and fry it on both sides until a beautiful golden crust appears..
2 cooking options:
- Potatoes cut into circles;
- Chop garlic and a sprig of rosemary in a blender (or just chop finely), mix with olive oil and pour the obtained sauce over the potatoes. Leave for 20 minutes;
- Fry circles of potatoes on the grid on all sides for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the potatoes several times with fragrant oil during the process;
- Serve with sour cream mixed with chopped greens.
- Young potatoes on the grill is better to bake in the peel. It gives the vegetable a special taste. In addition, baked potatoes are also the most useful of all potato dishes, a large amount of vitamins is stored in it;
- Can be baked whole. To bake such a potato, make transverse cuts on it;
- As a sauce you can use low-fat sour cream or unsweetened yogurt, whipped with chopped dill;
- Instead of fat, you can take chicken subcutaneous fat. And instead of sauces – just sprinkle the potatoes with salt – it will turn out tasty and inexpensive;
- It is necessary to fry a vegetable shish kebab over the coals heated in a brazier, but without a flame;
- To prevent the burning of fat droplets did not ignite, you need to plentifully fill the hot coals with fine salt.
Enjoy your meal!